Windows 10: Installed old hard drive with Windows 7 free upgrade to Windows 10 in new machine only have...

Discus and support Installed old hard drive with Windows 7 free upgrade to Windows 10 in new machine only have... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have upgraded my NUC and used my old hard drive and it's working fine. I never logged into my Microsoft 365 account on my old machine. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SallyUnderwood1, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Installed old hard drive with Windows 7 free upgrade to Windows 10 in new machine only have...

I have upgraded my NUC and used my old hard drive and it's working fine.

I never logged into my Microsoft 365 account on my old machine.

Now everything is working fine on the new machine but I cannot activate Windows 10 and only have a Windows 7 product key which it won't accept.

How can I activate my valid copy of windows on my new machine?

:)

SallyUnderwood1, Jan 13, 2019
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Installed old hard drive with Windows 7 free upgrade to Windows 10 in new machine only have... :)

dhdude, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Installed old hard drive with Windows 7 free upgrade to Windows 10 in new machine only have...

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Installed old hard drive with Windows 7 free upgrade to Windows 10 in new machine only have...

1. Installed old hard drive with Windows 7 free upgrade to Windows 10 in new machine only have... - Similar Threads - Installed old hard

2. Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...: Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive failure and need to load Windows 10 again. I do not have a product key. How do I obtain one? I need to download a fresh version of Windows 10. I will need to know where to get a copy and...
  3. Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...: Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive failure and need to load Windows 10 again. I do not have a product key. How do I obtain one? I need to download a fresh version of Windows 10. I will need to know where to get a copy and...
  4. Asus laptop purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Hard Drive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Old free upgrade of windows 7 to 10 Home suddenly asking for new activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old free upgrade of windows 7 to 10 Home suddenly asking for new activation: A couple of years back I did a free upgrade of my windows 7 running on my laptop to windows 10 Home. Just today 20-02-2023 my windows is requesting activation. I tried to input the OEM windows 7 key but was not accepted. What do i do?...
  6. Old free upgrade of windows 7 to 10 Home suddenly asking for new activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old free upgrade of windows 7 to 10 Home suddenly asking for new activation: A couple of years back I did a free upgrade of my windows 7 running on my laptop to windows 10 Home. Just today 20-02-2023 my windows is requesting activation. I tried to input the OEM windows 7 key but was not accepted. What do i do?...
  7. Old free upgrade of windows 7 to 10 Home suddenly asking for new activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. New Windows 10 machine. Old external Win7 Hard drive

New Windows 10 machine. Old external Win7 Hard drive: I recently had my Win7 machine fail on me. The hard drive is fine, so I bought a new Win10 laptop. I want to transfer my files and programs over from the old Win 7 drive to the new Win 10 computer. I have it mounted externally already. I can not boot to the Win7...
  9. Installing a old hard drive with windows 10 on it to a new computer

Installing a old hard drive with windows 10 on it to a new computer: Hey everyone, So this weekend I will be building my first PC by myself after my old computer died. On my old computer I had Windows 10 installed on a M.2.. I'm wondering if its possible to just take that M.2 and put it in my new PC and have Windows 10 just transfer over?...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive

Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive: A friend of mine currently has Windows 7 installed and wants to get a new hard drive and then upgrade to Windows 10. Whats the current way to do this? 59709