Windows 10: Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB?

Discus and support Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why is it like this? how can I fix it? is it hardware or software problem? Could my hard disk being almost full be a cause for such problem? i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by User_456, Apr 3, 2020.

1. User_456 Win User

Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB?

Why is it like this? how can I fix it? is it hardware or software problem? Could my hard disk being almost full be a cause for such problem? i have about 10 GB availablie from 500GB

Thanks!

My laptop is asus and here is the system info.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name DESKTOP-52BCC9A

System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

System Model G53JW

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU

Processor IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. G53JW.211, 1/28/2011

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

BaseBoard Product G53JW

BaseBoard Version 1.0

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.628"

User Name ****

Time Zone ****

Installed Physical Memory RAM 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7.93 GB

Available Physical Memory 3.81 GB

Total Virtual Memory 12.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 7.36 GB

Page File Space 4.95 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

User_456, Apr 3, 2020

2. free up available physical memory

hello, i have

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.91 GB

Available Physical Memory 1.61 GB

Total Virtual Memory 8.79 GB

Available Virtual Memory 6.48 GB

Page File Space 4.88 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

system type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

i have installed bluestacks emulator it takes 2GB RAM on my PC and again i have uninstalled without opening it at least one time also due to not working properly. But my available physical memory is only 1.61GB. i think my data lost by that bluestacks emulator.
    what i have to do to increase physical memory size in my PC.

please help me to increase my physical memory size!!

muniswamikokila, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Installed Memory(RAM)

Hi Jyotirmay,

Base on the screenshot you provided, it means you have a 3.5 GB usable memory out of the 4 GB memory installed. The amount of usable memory that you see is not exact amount. Usable memory is a calculated amount of the total physical memory minus "hardware
    reserved" memory.

The reduction of the available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices.
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory.
    • The System BIOS version and settings.
    • The version of Windows that is installed
    • Other system settings.

If you find that much of your RAM is regularly being used, consider adding more RAM if possible, especially if your PC only has 1 or 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM. To learn more about what kind of RAM your PC model uses, first look at the memory info in Task Manager,
    and then visit the PC manufacturer’s website for more specific info.

Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB? adbf94c8-6e3b-47cd-870a-1807aaea723e?upload=true.png

• Type of memory (RAM) PC uses
    • RAM speed
    • Memory slots used

Here’s some info about the minimum memory requirements for Windows 10:

• Windows 10 (32-bit) can run on a PC with 1 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 2 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 3 GB or more.
    • Windows 10 (64-bit) can run on a PC with 2 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 4 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 6 GB or more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB?

Physical Memory Problem

Thanks

but I have one more question my install ram is 4GB and Usable Ram is 3.88 but available physical memory is always shows less than 3 Gb

BilalAnsari47, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB?

1. Installed Physical Memory RAM is 8.0GB, available memory is 3.83 GB? - Similar Threads - Installed Physical Memory

2. Low available physical memory and free memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low available physical memory and free memory: I was browsing looking for solutions to speed up my outdated laptop which uses windows 11, and i stumbled upon resource manager and looking at the memory tab made me conclude that my low free memory is making my system too slow. That might be me running windows 11 on a really...
  3. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory: Hello,As you can see below my available memory is almost half of what I have installed.Whats up with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-physicalvirtual-memory-half-of/e7e7d70f-cf45-4978-84c7-eabbb4a44745
  4. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory: Hello,As you can see below my available memory is almost half of what I have installed.Whats up with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-physicalvirtual-memory-half-of/e7e7d70f-cf45-4978-84c7-eabbb4a44745
  5. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

6. Low Amount of 'Total Physical Memory' compared to 'Installed Physical Memory RAM'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Amount of 'Total Physical Memory' compared to 'Installed Physical Memory RAM': Hello, Today I lauched a Forza Horizon for the first time in a while and it crashed after just passing the initial start screen before loading into the game. After closing the game I attempted again to lauch, same issue although thistime my google chrome crashed with it. I...
  7. Low Amount of 'Total Physical Memory' compared to 'Installed Physical Memory RAM'

Low Amount of 'Total Physical Memory' compared to 'Installed Physical Memory RAM': Hello, Today I lauched a Forza Horizon for the first time in a while and it crashed after just passing the initial start screen before loading into the game. After closing the game I attempted again to lauch, same issue although thistime my google chrome crashed with it. I...
  8. Low Amount of 'Total Physical Memory' compared to 'Installed Physical Memory RAM'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory: I have read other questions similar to this one, but none really seemed to answer the part of the question I'm interested in. I have 16 GB of RAM on my laptop, but my laptop usually says I have anywhere from 5 to 7 GB available. Below I'll show my resource monitor when I have...
  10. Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory

Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory: I have read other questions similar to this one, but none really seemed to answer the part of the question I'm interested in. I have 16 GB of RAM on my laptop, but my laptop usually says I have anywhere from 5 to 7 GB available. Below I'll show my resource monitor when I have...