Windows 10: Installed Programs wont open up - Windows 10

Discus and support Installed Programs wont open up - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I have this problem in my windows PC that when I try to open *some* installed programs. I mean that they would just not open. I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarshTheDev, May 22, 2020.

1. Installed Programs wont open up - Windows 10

So, I have this problem in my windows PC that when I try to open *some* installed programs. I mean that they would just not open. I click on the application's exe and nothing would happen, they just don't open up. Currently, I am having this problem with 2 programs: 1. Spotify and 2. Scratch Desktop 3.0.

Any help would be highly appreciable.

Thank You.

:)

HarshTheDev, May 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, May 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, May 22, 2020
  4. Installed Programs wont open up - Windows 10

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Installed Programs wont open up - Windows 10

1. Installed Programs wont open up - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installed Programs wont

2. Programs wont open in half screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs wont open in half screen: I'm using Windows 11, and I love the snap feature that sets a program to half screen. I'm tired of having to set it to half screen every time I open it though, how do I set programs to open up in half screen?...
  3. White lines under installed programs, wont open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White lines under installed programs, wont open.: As the title suggests, I am having a problem where pre installed apps have white lines when I click on them and they wont open, as shown here https://imgur.com/a/04vgeeI...
  4. White lines under installed programs, wont open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White lines under installed programs, wont open.: As the title suggests, I am having a problem where pre installed apps have white lines when I click on them and they wont open, as shown here https://imgur.com/a/04vgeeI...
  5. Cortana wont open programs anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana wont open programs anymore: Windows 10 home version 1909. All of a sudden Cortana won't open programs it used to. When I ask her to open something I get a "Something went wrong, Please try again later". It used to work fine. She'll do some things but opening programs she used to just doesnt work...
  6. Program wont install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program wont install: So yesterday I was playing this game and for some reason when the opening video played but then the game just crashed. So I just decided to delete all the files and uninstall the program. I went to uninstall it and it said the picture below. So I got some help from this games...
  7. Programs wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs wont open: On windows ten some programs will just open up and give me a error or open up then when ever I login or something it just wont open. I tried to fix my .exe in regedit with every tutorial but nothing fixed it that only fixed it so I can open them but they just give me a error...
  8. windows wont allow programs to be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows wont allow programs to be installed: Really quite fed up after 4 hours trying to get programs to install on new laptop with windows 10. Each time I try and run the install prompted with "the system and has set policies to prevent the installation of this program" I have tried following instructions to turn off...
  9. windows wont allow programs to be installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows wont allow programs to be installed: Really quite fed up after 4 hours trying to get programs to install on new laptop with windows 10. Each time I try and run the install prompted with "the system and has set policies to prevent the installation of this program" I have tried following instructions to turn off...
  10. Windows wont install my programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont install my programs: Im getting a message that says this app can't run on your pc when im trying to install the program slimdrivers. I have been googling this issue and tried just about all the solutions i could find. 114904