Windows 10: Installed SSD device. Maximize this device!

Discus and support Installed SSD device. Maximize this device! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgrade my PC to keep a step or two behind the technology. I remember when I was on the cutting edge of technology and telling a friend that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelHermansen, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Installed SSD device. Maximize this device!

I upgrade my PC to keep a step or two behind the technology. I remember when I was on the cutting edge of technology and telling a friend that it is hard to be on that edge. I purchase a product at the store by the time I get home the product or device is outdated. I guess I have become a little complacent. Like I said I was going to do, I purchased an SSD device. This device is definitely a front line device. Installing it now with the rigidity of Microsoft is going to a big challenge. What files can I move to this device to optimize start-up? How do I move these files?

:)

MichaelHermansen, Sep 6, 2019
  2. mikek75 Win User

Modem on HD Audio device not installed....

I just bought a Toshiba Equiem P200D 139 lappy which came with Vista. Having spent a couple of days with it its obvious that Vista is a bit too much for it (or maybe it was the pre-installed bloat...), so I've installed XP Pro on it. So far so good, its much more responsive now, and I've found most of the drivers for it (a bit of a chore since Toshiba don't list any XP drivers!!).

Device Manager only shows one remaining triangle, beside Modem on HD Audio device, and I just can't find a driver for it! Tried right clicking and update driver, which worked for a few devices, but this one obstinately refuses to work. Any ideas?*Bang Head :banghead:

mikek75, Sep 6, 2019
  3. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Sep 6, 2019
  4. 7IM
    7im Win User

Installed SSD device. Maximize this device!

GPU-Z device list enumeration, device order?

Specifically, how are the the GPUs listed in the drop down sorted, or determined? Vendor and PCI ID? OS hardware device list? Other?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already. Searching for "GPU LIST ORDER" and like terms were not helpful.

Thanks.

Thema:

Installed SSD device. Maximize this device!

1. Installed SSD device. Maximize this device! - Similar Threads - Installed SSD device

2. Device not detecting SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device not detecting SSD and HDD: Hi, I have an old laptop so I replaced the HDD with a SSD windows 10. Since the SSD wasn't being detected , I turned on the legacy support in BIOS and the pc booted. But I have to turn on legacy support every time I turn on my laptop. Also I have installed the HDD in a caddy...
  3. Problems with ssd as bootble device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with ssd as bootble device: Today i installed my ssd into my pc, formated it and instales windows on it.In bios it is recognised but i cant set it a bootable device, only the windows boot and the usb i used for installing windows.I instaled it with my 2 hdd still in...
  4. Problems with ssd as bootble device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with ssd as bootble device: Today i installed my ssd into my pc, formated it and instales windows on it.In bios it is recognised but i cant set it a bootable device, only the windows boot and the usb i used for installing windows.I instaled it with my 2 hdd still in...
  5. SSD no longer a boot device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD no longer a boot device: Yesterday my PC was working fine but I recieved a pop up to restart my device to repair the disk, but I could restart later and I could still do anything I wanted on the computer. On restart there was a long period repairing files and now my PC will only boot to my old HDD...
  6. SSD- Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD- Device not migrated: Hello, I'm having trouble with a new SSD I got for my Desktop. The main issue is that after I create the partition it only shows in the file explorer for something like 2 days after that it disappears and I have to recreate the partition.. and again after 2 days it just...
  7. Boot device not found after installing ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot device not found after installing ssd: So I just replaced my HD with a new Samsung ssd. I made a recovery on an ssd card before removing it. Now after installing it and turning the laptop on I get this message. https://imgur.com/a/egTgMD5 Could someone please tell me what I should do ? It is an hp pavillion with...
  8. upgrade to an SSD storage device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    upgrade to an SSD storage device: I just upgraded my main PC to SSD and the cloning went OK but I cannot now connect to the internet. The other PC and laptop connect perfectly. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-an-ssd-storage-device/d67bf772-f649-477c-b3bf-a25c844155b4
  9. Incompatible device - Device is not installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incompatible device - Device is not installed: I'm trying to upgrade a client from Windows 7 Pro 64 to Windows 10 using the Upgrade Assistant. It downloads and verifies and then starts the installation. At the end, it errors out saying that an incompatible device must be removed. The device is listed as a Linksys...
  10. Maximizing IT’s Impact with Microsoft 365 Powered Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Maximizing IT’s Impact with Microsoft 365 Powered Devices: The modern workplace has introduced an explosion of cloud services and devices that have dramatically changed the scenarios IT has to manage and support. And, of course, IT has to manage these countless new challenges with same budget and resources. [img] Our focus on...