Windows 10: Installed, total, and available ram all different from each other

Discus and support Installed, total, and available ram all different from each other in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A little while ago I was doing fine until I realized that in task manager my ram usage was high compared to all the other times I've been using this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaAwesomeBro, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Installed, total, and available ram all different from each other

A little while ago I was doing fine until I realized that in task manager my ram usage was high compared to all the other times I've been using this thing. I ran into the same problem on another pc 3 years ago and messing around with msconfig seemed to fix that but on this pc nothing seems to work, if anything its gotten lower. My windows is 64 bit, this is what I see in system info.

Installed Physical Memory RAM 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 5.91 GB
    Available Physical Memory 2.10 GB

Any suggestions on what I could do?

:)

DaAwesomeBro, Apr 7, 2020

2. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Ram problems

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the questions below.

• What is the full specifications of your computer?
    • Which type of RAM are you trying to install?
    • Have you checked if the total RAM is detected in the BIOS?
    • Have you tried installing just the 8 Gb RAM and see if the system detects it?

We suggest that you contact the computer manufacturer for information on how to enter the BIOS and how to set the default settings. Also, you can ask them if there is an available update for the BIOS.

We're looking forward to your response.

Mark Ole, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Installed, total, and available ram all different from each other

What is correct total installed RAM?

The CPU-Z html report of my computer shows Memory SPD size of 2048 MBytes while Chipset Memory Size is 3982 MBytes So what is actually installed RAM size of my computer?

Windows says it is 4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable) while ubuntu says it is only 2 GB. Which field indicates total installed RAM of computer in CPU-Z utility? By which utility/software I can know the total installed RAM of my computer other than CPU-Z and windows OS?

What windows means by 4.00 GB available while only 3.89 GB usable?

darshit parekh, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Installed, total, and available ram all different from each other

1. Installed, total, and available ram all different from each other - Similar Threads - Installed total available

2. Ram and cpu values of total usage significantly higher than the total from all users in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram and cpu values of total usage significantly higher than the total from all users in...: I have a Windows 11, Intel i7 - 1360P with dual-booted Ubuntu. When I am using Windows I see that my total RAM usage is more than 80 percent when I check that the total usage among all users is only 4GB of 16GB in task manager and the total CPU usage is also 2 times the total...
  3. Ram and cpu values of total usage significantly higher than the total from all users in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram and cpu values of total usage significantly higher than the total from all users in...: I have a Windows 11, Intel i7 - 1360P with dual-booted Ubuntu. When I am using Windows I see that my total RAM usage is more than 80 percent when I check that the total usage among all users is only 4GB of 16GB in task manager and the total CPU usage is also 2 times the total...
  4. Installed RAM Not Equal to Available RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed RAM Not Equal to Available RAM: Why is My Available Physical Memory so low?I saw some solutions on the internet that didn't7 work and tell you right now that my windows AND processor both are 64x.updating windows didn't work eitherAny help is appreciated, Thank you....
  5. Installed RAM Not Equal to Available RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed RAM Not Equal to Available RAM: Why is My Available Physical Memory so low?I saw some solutions on the internet that didn't7 work and tell you right now that my windows AND processor both are 64x.updating windows didn't work eitherAny help is appreciated, Thank you....
  6. Installed RAM Not Equal to Available RAM

7. How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...: I have the same problem as this person: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1011006but I have a windows 10 and the solution does not show up in the Taskbar settings. Is there an updated version of solution for Windows 10? Here is the OPs original question."When I open...
  8. Installed vs Total RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed vs Total RAM: I have recently upgraded my RAM from 2x8gb using two slots to 4x8gb RAM. The models used are identical. However my system only uses half of my RAM. In BIOS I see all 32GB installed. Here is my system info.I have tried the most common suggested solution change the boot memory...
  9. Installed vs Total RAM

Installed vs Total RAM: I have recently upgraded my RAM from 2x8gb using two slots to 4x8gb RAM. The models used are identical. However my system only uses half of my RAM. In BIOS I see all 32GB installed. Here is my system info.I have tried the most common suggested solution change the boot memory...
  10. Installed physical RAM vs Total physical RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installed physical RAM vs Total physical RAM: Hello everyone, I tried to install 16 GB of RAM to my computer, instead of the initial 8 I had. But when I add the new RAM in total 4x4 GB of RAM, and they are the same kind. the installed RAM increases to 16 but the total physical RAM hence the total usable RAM remains 8...