Windows 10: Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot

Discus and support Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I realize I'll get a lot of comments about m my IQ. I installed ubuntu through the store on my hp eebook. I could not get it to work because it was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/1dtwolfen, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot

I realize I'll get a lot of comments about m my IQ. I installed ubuntu through the store on my hp eebook. I could not get it to work because it was the wrong version for what i was trying to load. Go into windows and delete folder of ubuntu. Bad idea. Now can't load anything. I can see boot folder if I esc down volume at startup and i can change it to boot from usb. I don't have a usb large enough to boot windows but I can boot ubuntu from usb. Is there a way to boot windows now? Any help appreciated.

submitted by /u/1dtwolfen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/1dtwolfen, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot

1. Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot - Similar Threads - Installed ubuntu deleted

2. Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Ubuntu: I am a software developer who has recently got some embedded systems work. The support community for the tools I will be using is built with the assumption of a Linux operating system. While for other types of work-loads, such as backend work, I have been happy with my...
  3. Dual boot Ubuntu

Dual boot Ubuntu: I tried 'Ubuntu' for a while. Later got the drive deleted. [ATTACH] But the Ubuntu Boot Manager is there in the BIOS ? How can I remove that? Dr Abdul Rasheed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-ubuntu/8d273b76-c1f2-4f23-9ba6-28a4c96b9141
  4. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu: I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot menu. Secure and fast boot are both disabled. I've tried adding Ubuntu onto the Windows boot menu but I can't get that to work...
  5. Tried to install Ubuntu, now I can’t boot windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to install Ubuntu, now I can’t boot windows.: Hey guys, so I tried installing Ubuntu 16.04 on my Dell XPS 15 and this is the sequence of events and things I did that led to this moment: 1. Write Ubuntu to a USB stick. 2. Install Ubuntu: (to make this happen): - Had to use GRUB to add: nouveau.modeset=0 and acpi=off -...
  6. Dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  7. Ubuntu install question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ubuntu install question: Hello i have windows 10 Home in my SSD Drive 120 GB and 1 TB HDD D drive . i want to ask if i can install ubuntu alongside windows 10 but somehow on D drive !! can you please help me to find out if i can it ?! thank you...
  8. Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition: I used to work on my PC which had a C Drive (partitioned with Windows and Ubuntu) alongside an E drive for other storage. I deleted the Ubuntu partition and after rebooting the system, it told me that there was a grub error - 'Error: no such partition". After looking up what...
  9. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...
  10. Deleting Ubuntu

Deleting Ubuntu: All over the net there are tons of fanboys yelling at how windows sucks and Linux is a gift from god, I decided I wanted to try it out to see what the whole fuss was about. I am not computer illiterate by any means so I installed ubuntu 15.04, it froze on me 5 times in the...