Windows 10: Installed update lost after system restore

Discus and support Installed update lost after system restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed a cumulative windows 10 update KB5001391 and after 2 days i restored my system to a previous restore point and now the installed update is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by [AlphaROmeO], May 9, 2021.

1. Installed update lost after system restore

I installed a cumulative windows 10 update KB5001391 and after 2 days i restored my system to a previous restore point and now the installed update is gone. However the same update is available for downloading in windows update tab in settings but when i try to install the update, it is showing "We couldn't install this update, but you can try again 0x80070002 ". Is there any way to install this update?

:)

[AlphaROmeO], May 9, 2021
  2. psyko12 Win User

Alternate way of restoring lost things?

Hmm in a certain case, I lost/corrupted the Systems "Plug and Play Device Software enumerator", Thank goodness for system restore... Is there any other way of re-installing it? Except re-installing complete windows, due to the said devices' drivers corruption I get blue screens when trying to access certain devices on the pc, lol thank God for Sys restore

psyko12, May 9, 2021
  3. Lost Mail app after performing System Restore on Windows 10.

Original Title: Lost mail app

I did a system restore as I had lost my start menu..the start menu returned but the mail app disappeared. the store says it is installed so I can, reinstall it. I can,t uninstall as I have no app.. any suggestions. it doesn,t appear in the list of apps.

shulakantor, May 9, 2021
  4. Installed update lost after system restore

System restore points are lost

Hi Tom,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

I suggest you to check if the Volume Shadow Copy service is running on your computer. This service enables System Restore on a computer. Refer the steps below to check the service.

• Press Windows + R Keys to open run command.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the services panel look for the ‘Volume Shadow Copy’.
    • Right click on the service and restart the service.
    • Also set the startup type to ‘Automatic’

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Installed update lost after system restore

1. Installed update lost after system restore - Similar Threads - Installed update lost

2. After System Restore, I've lost disc space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After System Restore, I've lost disc space: so i did system restore yesterday and it failed but it take a lot of space,i check in the settings-storage in the categories other big folder there no folder that take a lot of space but it reported 27.7 gb i think thats the space that i lost when do system restore.i tried...
  3. Lost my files after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost my files after system restore: I recently had a problem with Windows where everything I had previously files, apps and more disappeared so I searched online and was suggested to restore my system using 'System Restore'. I did so and I got most of my stuff back except I can't find anything in my images...
  4. Lost my files after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my files after system restore: I recently had a problem with Windows where everything I had previously files, apps and more disappeared so I searched online and was suggested to restore my system using 'System Restore'. I did so and I got most of my stuff back except I can't find anything in my images...
  5. Lost my files after system restore

6. Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore: I own a Surface Studio which was delivered with OS pre-installed. Two weeks ago, after turning on the unit I received a screen indicating the 10 was not booting up with options:- Continue booting up Windows 10- Shutdown PC- Run Win Diagnostic- Restart PC- Restore PCAfter...
  7. Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore

Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore: I own a Surface Studio which was delivered with OS pre-installed. Two weeks ago, after turning on the unit I received a screen indicating the 10 was not booting up with options:- Continue booting up Windows 10- Shutdown PC- Run Win Diagnostic- Restart PC- Restore PCAfter...
  8. Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. System Restore after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore after update: I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already....
  10. After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space: So Windows updated to the most recent update, whatever it was. But I noticed an empty New Folder on my desktop and I thought that I had accidently deleted things in that folder. So I did a system restore to a few days ago. Before the update, and the system restore I had 35gbs...