Windows 10: Installed update lost after system restore

Discus and support Installed update lost after system restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed a cumulative windows 10 update KB5001391 and after 2 days i restored my system to a previous restore point and now the installed update is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by [AlphaROmeO], May 9, 2021.

1. Installed update lost after system restore

I installed a cumulative windows 10 update KB5001391 and after 2 days i restored my system to a previous restore point and now the installed update is gone. However the same update is available for downloading in windows update tab in settings but when i try to install the update, it is showing "We couldn't install this update, but you can try again 0x80070002 ". Is there any way to install this update?

:)

[AlphaROmeO], May 9, 2021
  2. psyko12 Win User

Alternate way of restoring lost things?

Hmm in a certain case, I lost/corrupted the Systems "Plug and Play Device Software enumerator", Thank goodness for system restore... Is there any other way of re-installing it? Except re-installing complete windows, due to the said devices' drivers corruption I get blue screens when trying to access certain devices on the pc, lol thank God for Sys restore

psyko12, May 9, 2021
  3. Lost Mail app after performing System Restore on Windows 10.

Original Title: Lost mail app

I did a system restore as I had lost my start menu..the start menu returned but the mail app disappeared. the store says it is installed so I can, reinstall it. I can,t uninstall as I have no app.. any suggestions. it doesn,t appear in the list of apps.

shulakantor, May 9, 2021
  4. Installed update lost after system restore

System restore points are lost

Hi Tom,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

I suggest you to check if the Volume Shadow Copy service is running on your computer. This service enables System Restore on a computer. Refer the steps below to check the service.

• Press Windows + R Keys to open run command.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the services panel look for the ‘Volume Shadow Copy’.
    • Right click on the service and restart the service.
    • Also set the startup type to ‘Automatic’

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Installed update lost after system restore

1. Installed update lost after system restore - Similar Threads - Installed update lost

2. System Restore after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore after update: I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already....
  3. Lost whole system after windows 10 update

Lost whole system after windows 10 update: Hello, I uses hp 2000 laptop .recently i have updated my pc to lattest version of windows 10 but it showed that it failed to update to windows feature update 1903.so i leaved my laptop as it is for half an hour.when i return to my laptop it was in sleep so i tried to start it...
  4. No bluetooth after system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bluetooth after system restore: I have restored Windows to a previous version and lost bluetooth in the adapter list. In device Manager there is a device descriptor request error. sfc/scannow, dsim and reinstall in device-manager did not work. Before the system restore I disabled Bluetooth in the adapter...
  5. Restore WindowsImageBackup with lost system password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore WindowsImageBackup with lost system password: How do I recover my lost System Password, please so that I can restore Windows 10 from WindowsImageBackup? 151690
  6. After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space: So Windows updated to the most recent update, whatever it was. But I noticed an empty New Folder on my desktop and I thought that I had accidently deleted things in that folder. So I did a system restore to a few days ago. Before the update, and the system restore I had 35gbs...
  7. System Restore Turned off after updates

System Restore Turned off after updates: I know many have complained that after any major update, Windows turns off System restore and deletes all restore points. Though I can understand why this might be important when a system has been updated I cannot understand why it doesn't automatically create a new restore...
  8. HOW TO RESTORE LOST UPDATES

HOW TO RESTORE LOST UPDATES: HOW TO RESTORE LOST UPDATES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-lost-updates/cc91ac86-e984-4b6e-a320-3461b4a07761
  9. Lost sound system after windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost sound system after windows updates: After downloading recent update for windows 10, my pc lost sound. Sound device says there is no audio output device is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-system-after-windows-updates/b731a6c3-70e0-4506-84e9-a3a155d0859e
  10. Lost 15 gig disk space after using system restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Lost 15 gig disk space after using system restore: I had to use system restore point yesterday. I ended up running it twice to go back to a previous restore point. First time it did it’s job but second time around it flailed to restore. Somewhere in the process of these I have lost approx 15 gig disk space as when checking my...