Windows 10: installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says...

Discus and support installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says restart to finish installing... I RESTARTED BUT NOTHING HAPPEN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lse123polis, Oct 4, 2018.

1. installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says...

I installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says restart to finish installing... I RESTARTED BUT NOTHING HAPPEN NOT FINISHED SINCE VERSION IN

RUN

winver

is

17134.320 - 1803 well ... can you help.... ?

installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says... 22f6400f-c326-4015-bd76-61179fc44fcd?upload=true.png

:)

Lse123polis, Oct 4, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Oct 4, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says...

No update history

It will, a Features Update clears all the history - it's no longer relevant as it applied to the previous version.

Some previous cumulative updates have been known to clear the history too. You can however check on which updates are installed in several other ways.

In Settings, on the 'View installed update history' page click 'uninstall updates'. There you will find a list of installed Windows updates and their KB numbers.

In a command prompt type systeminfo, the updates are listed as 'Hotfix(s)' by KB number.

Bree, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says...

1. installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says... - Similar Threads - installed Updates 1809

2. I keep getting the same windows updates and I check my history and it says installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting the same windows updates and I check my history and it says installed...: As the question says, I keep checking windows update and finding it wanting to download and install the exact same updates again and again. Even though, when I check the update history, it says they were all successfully installed with no errors. It also takes several hours...
  3. I keep getting the same windows updates and I check my history and it says installed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting the same windows updates and I check my history and it says installed...: As the question says, I keep checking windows update and finding it wanting to download and install the exact same updates again and again. Even though, when I check the update history, it says they were all successfully installed with no errors. It also takes several hours...
  4. Windows Updates Prompts to Restart While Other Updates Are Installing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Updates Prompts to Restart While Other Updates Are Installing?: [ATTACH] Hello, Well I guess the title gives the theme of my post away! Has anyone eloe noticed this? In my lab at home am using GPO and WSUS to deliver updates and this morning I received the pop up box in the bottom right of my screen to restart/schedule etc but I...
  5. installing update 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing update 1809: failed attempts when installing the 1809 update what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-update-1809/6425b987-7468-403c-8578-8270431d2957
  6. getting 1809 update ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    getting 1809 update ?: today I heard that Microsoft pulled back 1809 update then why I am getting 1809 update in updater app ? even I have paused update... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-1809-update/75b4f6e6-44fe-49a3-8ae2-4685d5bd2f06
  7. installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says...

installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says...: I installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says restart to finish installing... I RESTARTED BUT NOTHING HAPPEN NOT FINISHED SINCE VERSION IN RUN winver is 17134.320 - 1803 well ... can you help.... ? [ATTACH]...
  8. 1809 update failed. Tried rebooting and it's stuck saying "restarting"

1809 update failed. Tried rebooting and it's stuck saying "restarting": As per title. old Alienware M17X-R3 laptop, running previous version 100% fine. The update failed. I tried rebooting and for the last hour it’s been saying “restarting”. Any advice please? 119179
  9. Update 1809 downloads but install does not start on restart

Update 1809 downloads but install does not start on restart: Lenovo Yoga 910 I7 x64 with Win 10 1803 Ran updates today. Win 10 1809 was downloaded. In View Update History it indicates it was downloaded and waiting for a restart. $Windows.~BT created today exist on the C: drive I have done 2 restarts and it has not started to...
  10. View installed update history is not reporting anything. How do I get the info?

View installed update history is not reporting anything. How do I get the info?: View installed update history is not reporting anything. How do I get the info on what is stored in the old windows area before I delete it to provide more storage space on hard drive?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 update version 1809 and view update history for KB4503327 KB4465065 KB4494441 for quality updates (7) and showing requires a restart to finish installing

2. 1809 keeps asking for restart

3. windows 10 1809 install without restart prompt

4. windows update 1809 rebooting but not installing,
  5. kb4471324 require restart,
  6. win update 1809 says restart,
  7. win 1809 update telling me to restart nothing happens,
  8. update history says 1809 has been installed but when i view about it says i have version 1803 what do i need to do?,
  9. windows update 1809 is awaiting restart,
  10. what do i do if i installed windows 1809,
  11. when i update to windows 10 1809 it says to restart but when i do nothing happens,
  12. update 1809 awaiting restart,
  13. how cn i get windows 1809 update,
  14. installed Updates 1809 - But I do Not get prompt to Restart... In update History says restart to finish installing ,
  15. 1809 just says restart required