Windows 10: Installed W-10 and now get popups

Discus and support Installed W-10 and now get popups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Took advantage of the W-10 free update and now get popups, particularly, for the cloud. I have an Asus laptop and these happen shortly after I boot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blockie, Dec 17, 2015.

1. blockie Win User

Installed W-10 and now get popups

Took advantage of the W-10 free update and now get popups, particularly, for the cloud. I have an Asus laptop and these happen shortly after I boot. Same machine, was OS W_8.1.
    Is there a way to block them?
    Bill

:)

blockie, Dec 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 menu bar unresponsive

same issue

tried troubleshooter, now i dont get the critical error popup, but i get

Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly

and i cannot change my sign in options to log in w/o Microsoft account to create an admin account.

windows just sites there with the stupid ... going across the screen when in settings / accounts.

scubastevexj, Dec 17, 2015
  3. pownal Win User
    W10 Live Mail and MS Edge misbehaving

Please help!!!!

Live Mail: Suddenly there's a popup "Something unexpected happened...must shut down". Also: sometimes 2-click jpeg attachments but nothing happens. Despite reboots, problems persist.

MSEdge: Now I can't get Edge to work AT ALL: screen won't go away, even when I reboot. (Presently using Chrome)

This is all re-occuring W-10 problems. Took to expert who re-installed Avast firewall and may have re-installed W-10. Seemed to be OK for a week or so, then ....

On someone's advice, I ran sfc /scannow and it reported: "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity issues"

This is a nightmare.

pownal, Dec 17, 2015
  4. WildOne Win User

I'm going to assume you are talking about notifications, if so, you can go to setting, system, notifications & actions, turn off the individual notification (cloud) or all app notifications...hope this helps...

WildOne, Dec 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Installed W-10 and now get popups - Similar Threads - Installed popups

2. Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup: I need help, I've been seeing these black box pop ups on my computer. It appears and disappears fast within a second. It happens every few minutes and it's been bothering me. Why is it doing this, and can it be fixed? I've tried the cleaning tool already but still nothing. I...
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup: I need help, I've been seeing these black box pop ups on my computer. It appears and disappears fast within a second. It happens every few minutes and it's been bothering me. Why is it doing this, and can it be fixed? I've tried the cleaning tool already but still nothing. I...
  4. Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup: I need help, I've been seeing these black box pop ups on my computer. It appears and disappears fast within a second. It happens every few minutes and it's been bothering me. Why is it doing this, and can it be fixed? I've tried the cleaning tool already but still nothing.I...
  5. Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup

Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup: I need help, I've been seeing these black box pop ups on my computer. It appears and disappears fast within a second. It happens every few minutes and it's been bothering me. Why is it doing this, and can it be fixed? I've tried the cleaning tool already but still nothing.I...
  6. Hide the 'restart to install windows 10 updates' popup

Hide the 'restart to install windows 10 updates' popup: Hi,I have several computers in a network that I've set to auto-update at certain times out of business hours. I've turned notifications off but I still get a popup during business hours asking me to complete updates that I need to hide. Is there any way to hide this popup and...
  7. Hide the 'restart to install windows 10 updates' popup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hide the 'restart to install windows 10 updates' popup: Hi,I have several computers in a network that I've set to auto-update at certain times out of business hours. I've turned notifications off but I still get a popup during business hours asking me to complete updates that I need to hide. Is there any way to hide this popup and...
  8. Hide the 'restart to install windows 10 updates' popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows 11 - Why do I keep seeing a volume meter popup appear after KB5031455 installed ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Why do I keep seeing a volume meter popup appear after KB5031455 installed ?: It's becoming a bit annoying, following the automatic installation of this update on the 28th, I've started seeing popups showing the Volume level, and an Hour-glass symbol in the Taskbar area...Will attempt to uninstall the update, and see if that helps fix this....
  10. Windows 11 - Why do I keep seeing a volume meter popup appear after KB5031455 installed ?

Windows 11 - Why do I keep seeing a volume meter popup appear after KB5031455 installed ?: It's becoming a bit annoying, following the automatic installation of this update on the 28th, I've started seeing popups showing the Volume level, and an Hour-glass symbol in the Taskbar area...Will attempt to uninstall the update, and see if that helps fix this....