Windows 10: Installed W10's activation key?

Discus and support Installed W10's activation key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. Is W10 Home Ed's control panel -> system and security -> system -> Windows activation's Product ID the key (its last three letters says OEM)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ant Dude, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ant Dude Win User

Installed W10's activation key?

Hello.

Is W10 Home Ed's control panel -> system and security -> system -> Windows activation's Product
    ID the key (its last three letters says OEM) used to install & activate? If not, then where I
    can get its activation key to install W10 cleanly from scratch?

Thank you for reading, and hopefully answering. Installed W10's activation key? :)

:)

Ant Dude, Feb 21, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Yup! I saw it in there this morning. I really like this new activation route they have gone so far. Super easy to maintain.

TheMailMan78, Feb 21, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Upgrade. Upgrade. It's not a full OS, it's a free upgrade to an existing OS.

If it is already activated, you can download the "240" build and update from there. That is the key part...it has to be activated and listed in your Microsoft Account in order to be upgraded from preview to release. No new activations have been possible for a few now.

cadaveca, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Installed W10's activation key? - Similar Threads - Installed W10's activation

2. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 activation: I have to let my laptop be fixed and while I'm doing that I am having trouble activating windows. I tried to use troubleshooter but it won't work. I asked the same problem before and gave me the steps to do in troubleshooter. I cannot find a way to talk to someone instead of...
  3. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 activation: So I found a product key in the web to used and it's working.. I just want to ask if this legal or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation/3082f857-331a-4788-8495-031e8d387310
  4. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  5. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  6. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. W10 Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Activation: I changed for free via MS site back several month ago from W7 to W10. All went well and I was very happy , my desktop worked as a treat. Around 2 weeks ago after boot up I started to get a message that I need to activate W10 using a product key. My PC is at my home and is not...
  8. w10 activation key needed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    w10 activation key needed: I bought w10 pack and installed ok. system failed at some point . went to local pc shop / Iteck - Lampeter. system reloaded with their version of w10. system now asking for activation key, which I don't have ( digital version used) company now packed up and not available...
  9. W10 activation with W7 product Key(approperiate way of installation)

W10 activation with W7 product Key(approperiate way of installation): Hi everyone, I'm planning to buy SSD drive to my laptop, and i would like to know what is the easiest way of upgrading to new W10. The question is whether: 1. Can i do clean installation of Windows 10 disk when it comes out and activate it with windows 7 Home premium OA...
  10. How to re-install W10 without losing activation key

How to re-install W10 without losing activation key: After a spectacular crash on my Acer Aspire laptop, I spent several hours on MS Chat who were as helpful as possible. However, the conclusion was that a re-installation was necessary. I downloaded the .iso advised by MS and formatted a USB device ready to boot. However, I...