Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck

Discus and support Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I upgraded to win 10 today from 7. After rebooting my screen now shows windows wallpaper (one of their scenic view wallpaper) as I had a custom picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nixonplumber, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Nixonplumber Win User

I upgraded to win 10 today from 7. After rebooting my screen now shows windows wallpaper (one of their scenic view wallpaper) as I had a custom picture and it displays the date and time in the left corner. See attached picture. I have no cursor and the keyboard doesn't work. The keyboard and mouse light up like their connected properly but they don't work. Ctrl Alt Del does not work. I've plugged them into other USB ports but I get the same result. I've booted into bios and the mouse and the keyboard work there. I've rebooted dozens of times to the same result. Has anyone seen or heard of this? I also downloading the media creation tool to a USB drive and tried booting from that and repairing the OS but no result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    [​IMG]

:)

Nixonplumber, Jul 30, 2015
  2. JonKrisp Win User

Windows 10 install stuck after first reboot/ clean install on a new SSD.

Windows 10 install stuck after first reboot/ clean install on a new SSD. I don't have any peripheral connected (only mouse and keyboard) or any other hdd. I followed the steps from microsoft win 10 clean install, but everytime get stuck after first
    reboot. The first problem was that the install ( from a flash drive) get stuck at the first logo, but I changed my videocard with the onboard one and now its working and the install start.

JonKrisp, Jul 30, 2015
  3. TTB124 Win User
    Win 10 with 2880x1620 main display & 1920x1080 second monitor -- objects being re-sized?

Thanks SujataMoktan -- those links are very connected to the problem. It turns out after the first 3-4 reboots, my new Win 10 installation went over to Recommended defaults for the percentage scale size of "text, apps, and other items".

In my case, those defaults were 200% on my main screen (high density), and 100% on my second monitor (regular HD).

But when I first installed Win 10, both screens must have started out at 100% each. But when Win 10 went to the recommended defaults, my apps which have windows on both monitors were visually impossible to use.

After I reset main screen to 100%, and keeping second HD screen at 100%, then rebooted and loaded my apps, everything back to normal the way it looked in Win 8.1.

Problem solved!

TTB124, Jul 30, 2015
  4. n119s Win User

I've got exactly the same issue. Did you find resolution?

n119s, Aug 26, 2015
  5. GamerwGlasses Win User
    any chance you can disconnect both of them, turn on the computer, plug them in when you arrive at this screen? Or, to different USB ports?

Nevermind about the other USB ports, I didn't read that far.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 26, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    Hi

What antivirus and other security software are you using? Was the AV & security software running during the upgrade process/procedure?

WhyMe, Aug 26, 2015
  7. n119s Win User
    Managed to make my way in, Wasn't straight forward, and not sure if all steps were necessary.

To start, my motherboard is an ASUS P8Z68-V Pro and graphics card, NVIDIA Ge Force 560 Ti. I suspect both are having compatibility issues.

In the BIOS, I went to Advanced mode and set Legacy USB support to Auto; and disabled EHCI. Under System Agent Configuration/Graphics Configuration, I selected iGfx instead of Auto.

I then connected monitor cable to motherboard jack instead of graphics card. On restart, I hit the computer power button to shut down the system when the Windows symbol appeared, twice in a row. On the third go-around, Windows should start Automatic Repair. The repair didn't work, but allows you to select Advanced options/Troubleshooting/Advanced Options and then Startup Options/Restart. After restart, I selected F5 for Safe Mode with Networking, although networking did not function. Mouse and keyboard then functional. I then started Device Manager and disabled the graphics card. Clicked on Windows/Power/Restart, and when same date and time screen comes up, a wiggle of the mouse brought it to the login screen.

Hope this helps.

n119s, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck - Similar Threads - Installed Win reboot

1. Will my Win 10 install now still be licensed after r revert to W7

in Windows 10 Support
    Will my Win 10 install now still be licensed after r revert to W7: A long while back, when Win 10 first was released and the GWX nagware was prevalent, I was running Win 7 Pro 64 and I decided to try the new Win 10 to see how I liked it. So I got the free upgrade version to Win 10 Pro and installed it on my PC and ran it for several days. As...
  2. Should I install again Windows KB4056892 on Win 10 April 2018 Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I install again Windows KB4056892 on Win 10 April 2018 Update?: Hello, Do I have to install again KB4056892 in my Windows 10 April 2018 Update latest build, after a clean install? KB4056892 is the original Sceptre/Meltdown patch for WINDOWS 10 Thanks Came 110403
  3. How to install NET Programmability Support office 2007 Win 10 b1803?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to install NET Programmability Support office 2007 Win 10 b1803?: Hellou, Reading all this: *Sleep The following versions of Microsoft Office with the latest Service Packs have been confirmed to be compatible with Windows 10: Office 2016 Preview Office 2013/Office 365 Office 2010 Office 2007 Older versions of Office such as Office 2003...
  4. Install gone BAD! Can't boot to USB anymore to install Win 10 fresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Install gone BAD! Can't boot to USB anymore to install Win 10 fresh: A friend gave me a PC with 2 internal hard drives, one being partitioned. I purchased a brand new Win 10 Pro license and want a clean start. I downloaded Win 10 to my USB jump drive and rebooted. I was unable to install due to "the selected disk has an MBR partition table"....
  5. Getting error 0x80070570 when trying to do a clean install of Win 10 !

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting error 0x80070570 when trying to do a clean install of Win 10 !: Hi all, today I decided to do a clean install of Win 10 from a bootable USB drive. I deleted all of the partitions of my laptop's SSD and HDD with DISKPART,then created new partitions,but I got the following error during the process of the installation of the OS: ''Windows...
  6. Laptop downloaded win 10, installed it, but rebooted to nothing(blank)

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop downloaded win 10, installed it, but rebooted to nothing(blank): This has now happened twice. Lenovo E455 laptop with windows 7. TIA ps, after cold reboot get this error message: Window 10 couldn't be installed Failed 1 update Error(s) found C1900101-20017 Windows update encountered an unknown error 31547
  7. [Question] Win 10 Upgrade Reboots at ~60%; 47% Installing Features...

in Windows 10 Support
    [Question] Win 10 Upgrade Reboots at ~60%; 47% Installing Features...: OS: Windows 8.1* *This is an upgrade of Windows 8, which was a fresh install after authenticating on a Windows 7 machine So I finally figured enough time had gone by that the upgrade bugs had been solved....guess not! I ran the upgrade option from the nag box and let...
Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck solved