Windows 10: Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck

Discus and support Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to win 10 today from 7. After rebooting my screen now shows windows wallpaper (one of their scenic view wallpaper) as I had a custom picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nixonplumber, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck

I upgraded to win 10 today from 7. After rebooting my screen now shows windows wallpaper (one of their scenic view wallpaper) as I had a custom picture and it displays the date and time in the left corner. See attached picture. I have no cursor and the keyboard doesn't work. The keyboard and mouse light up like their connected properly but they don't work. Ctrl Alt Del does not work. I've plugged them into other USB ports but I get the same result. I've booted into bios and the mouse and the keyboard work there. I've rebooted dozens of times to the same result. Has anyone seen or heard of this? I also downloading the media creation tool to a USB drive and tried booting from that and repairing the OS but no result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck [​IMG]

:)

Nixonplumber, Jul 30, 2015
  2. JonKrisp Win User

Windows 10 install stuck after first reboot/ clean install on a new SSD.

Windows 10 install stuck after first reboot/ clean install on a new SSD. I don't have any peripheral connected (only mouse and keyboard) or any other hdd. I followed the steps from microsoft win 10 clean install, but everytime get stuck after first
    reboot. The first problem was that the install ( from a flash drive) get stuck at the first logo, but I changed my videocard with the onboard one and now its working and the install start.

JonKrisp, Jul 30, 2015
  3. TTB124 Win User
    Win 10 with 2880x1620 main display & 1920x1080 second monitor -- objects being re-sized?

Thanks SujataMoktan -- those links are very connected to the problem. It turns out after the first 3-4 reboots, my new Win 10 installation went over to Recommended defaults for the percentage scale size of "text, apps, and other items".

In my case, those defaults were 200% on my main screen (high density), and 100% on my second monitor (regular HD).

But when I first installed Win 10, both screens must have started out at 100% each. But when Win 10 went to the recommended defaults, my apps which have windows on both monitors were visually impossible to use.

After I reset main screen to 100%, and keeping second HD screen at 100%, then rebooted and loaded my apps, everything back to normal the way it looked in Win 8.1.

Problem solved!

TTB124, Jul 30, 2015
  4. n119s Win User

Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck

I've got exactly the same issue. Did you find resolution?

n119s, Aug 25, 2015
  5. any chance you can disconnect both of them, turn on the computer, plug them in when you arrive at this screen? Or, to different USB ports?

Nevermind about the other USB ports, I didn't read that far.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 25, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    Hi

What antivirus and other security software are you using? Was the AV & security software running during the upgrade process/procedure?

WhyMe, Aug 25, 2015
  7. n119s Win User
    Managed to make my way in, Wasn't straight forward, and not sure if all steps were necessary.

To start, my motherboard is an ASUS P8Z68-V Pro and graphics card, NVIDIA Ge Force 560 Ti. I suspect both are having compatibility issues.

In the BIOS, I went to Advanced mode and set Legacy USB support to Auto; and disabled EHCI. Under System Agent Configuration/Graphics Configuration, I selected iGfx instead of Auto.

I then connected monitor cable to motherboard jack instead of graphics card. On restart, I hit the computer power button to shut down the system when the Windows symbol appeared, twice in a row. On the third go-around, Windows should start Automatic Repair. The repair didn't work, but allows you to select Advanced options/Troubleshooting/Advanced Options and then Startup Options/Restart. After restart, I selected F5 for Safe Mode with Networking, although networking did not function. Mouse and keyboard then functional. I then started Device Manager and disabled the graphics card. Clicked on Windows/Power/Restart, and when same date and time screen comes up, a wiggle of the mouse brought it to the login screen.

Hope this helps.

n119s, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck

1. Installed Win 10 after first reboot screen stuck - Similar Threads - Installed reboot screen

2. Win 11 running low on first startup, but normally after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 running low on first startup, but normally after reboot: Hi dear,Dell 7306 with win 11, performance is running low after startup and laggy.But, being normal after reboot. there are no treatment, just reboot, and it running normally.What should i suppose to do, to make the laptop running normally on first boot?Many thanks before and...
  3. Stuck on loading screen after system reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on loading screen after system reboot: Hello. I am stuck in the loading screen after rebooting my pc. Everytime i type in my password, it freezes and i have to reboot it again or there is an instance where i can type in my password it keeps me on “Welcome” and the loading dots are not moving at all. Tried...
  4. Stuck on loading screen after system reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on loading screen after system reboot: Hello. I am stuck in the loading screen after rebooting my pc. Everytime i type in my password, it freezes and i have to reboot it again or there is an instance where i can type in my password it keeps me on “Welcome” and the loading dots are not moving at all. Tried...
  5. Windows 10 installation stuck after first boot. After first boot, it shows blue screen and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation stuck after first boot. After first boot, it shows blue screen and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shabshabrin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1526g/windows_10_installation_stuck_after_first_boot/
  6. Windows 10 installation stuck at system recovery after the first restart of installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation stuck at system recovery after the first restart of installation.: I am trying to install windows 10 from bootable Pendrive. But In Installing Windows screen everything works good but afterInstalling updates process setup goes for the automatic restart as part of completing the installation of windows 10. Here all problems begin, after...
  7. After Win 10 installation on new disk, Win 7 gets stuck on Win splash screen

After Win 10 installation on new disk, Win 7 gets stuck on Win splash screen: I had some issues trying to update Win 7 to 10 Pro. So I decided to disconnect the old hard drives, and do a fresh install on a new drive. That install went fine. I then reconnected the old drives, and told the PC to boot off of the Windows Boot manager for the drive...
  8. Windows 10 install stucks on preparing after reboot

Windows 10 install stucks on preparing after reboot: Hi there, First, if you’re reading this, thank you in advance for your time! I’ve been struggling with a fresh/clean install of Windows 10 during the last 3 days. Let me summarize what’s happening; Old pc with a Asus motherboard, legacy BIOS working with the latest...
  9. Fresh Win 10 installation crashing after first reboot

Fresh Win 10 installation crashing after first reboot: I have a 2018 iMac and I am installing a fresh copy of Win10 Home 64 bit after the most recent update made the system crash after every reboot. After successfully reinstalling this on a fresh partition now it crashes on every reboot / reinstall whether i install any updates...
  10. Windows 10 installation freezing after first reboot

Windows 10 installation freezing after first reboot: I have recently been trying to upgrade to windows 10 on a used alienware aurora r3 pc. I got my reservation, checked the windows 10 app every day, and finally, I was ready to get the upgrade, but I'm having issues installing it. After windows update downloads everything and I...