Windows 10: installed win 10 without format C drive.

Discus and support installed win 10 without format C drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed win 10 by dvd on my pc without booting. I didn't format the previous win 7. Now I am seeing old program of win 7 on my desktop while i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amit-gautam, Apr 3, 2023.

1. installed win 10 without format C drive.

I installed win 10 by dvd on my pc without booting. I didn't format the previous win 7. Now I am seeing old program of win 7 on my desktop while i already delete windows.old folder from C drive. Plz help me

submitted by /u/amit-gautam
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/amit-gautam, Apr 3, 2023

2. Win 10 Parallel Installation - Win 8.1 in C: Drive & Win 10 in D: Drive

Hi,

I have subscribed to auto upgrate on 29th July. Currently in my laptop Win 8.1 is on C: Drive.

1. Will I have a choice to install the Win 10 on E: Drive? I don't want to touch C: drive at-all.

2. Will the installation steps ask me what customized applications are needed to be installed?

3. The WiFi connection settings are fixed and passwords are all stored with Win 8.1; If the installation does not happen in the E: Dirve, will my setting be deleted in C: Drive?

4. If the installation does not happen in E drive, do I need to remove all my data from C drive to other drive?

Thanks

Rishu

Rishu Gupta, Apr 3, 2023
  3. EBO
    Ebo Win User
    How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

First look if your win 10 has been activated, if that all okay. DL the tool from Microsoft to make either a DVD or a USB key with a image of win 10.

Then you can just make a format C, remove the partition on C drive and install it right way from your media and make a clean install.

Activation key, you dont neeed it, since it has been bound to your machine, and it will activate automatically over the net.

Ive done it on my machine, and there no troubble at all, takes only a few minuttes.

4. Fernandz Win User

installed win 10 without format C drive.

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 3, 2023
Thema:

installed win 10 without format C drive.

1. installed win 10 without format C drive. - Similar Threads - installed without format

2. WIN 10 C DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 C DRIVE: i need help i downloaded my windows 10 in E drive but now i gonna reinstall it but in c drive i already had win 8 in c drive and i have deleted folders but program files folder is not delete idk how to format c drive without usb or and cd plz help...
  3. Installing second hard drive without formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing second hard drive without formatting: First of all do not try this unless you are willing to loose all your data PERIOD!. Purchase a 2TB or 4TB external HDD USB 3.0 and back all your stuff up. I have an 8 year old laptop. When it was new Dell site had 14+ drivers for this system available for download. I...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade without format C , D , E drives is that possible?

Windows 10 upgrade without format C , D , E drives is that possible?: hi all, is that possible to upgrade windows 10 from version 1709 to 1909? without format C , D , E drives is that possible? i have provided you the snaps to look over.[ATTACH]...
  5. How to partition C drive in Windows 10 without formatting

in Windows 10 News
    How to partition C drive in Windows 10 without formatting: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]I have seen a couple of computers where the Primary partition – C Drive, has extra storage space. Some computers do not have partition at all, while some have a smaller partition. Since it is not possible to delete C [...] This post How to partition C drive...
  6. C: Drive Formatting.

C: Drive Formatting.: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now ive installed on another Drive called D drive on to my new SSD D: drive and it's been running fine on D drive for months and I want to format all of the c drive to use for new storage item whatever they me. Will that be ok to go...
  7. Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back, but I don't have any other computer running Windows or any OS that...
  8. Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back, but I don't have any other computer running Windows or any OS that...
  9. Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive

Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back. Sincerely, CommentedBat...
  10. C Drive Formatted and no OS installed

C Drive Formatted and no OS installed: I have a problem. I accidentally formatted my C drive when I was going to install windows 10. So the condition now is I don't have any os installed. The worst thing is the C drive is formatted too. Please help. I want to install windows 10 using bootable disk but it says...