Windows 10: Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer

Discus and support Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I installed Windows 7 Professional 64bit on the Windows partition of a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. I am selling that computer and going to erase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petercohen8877, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer

Hello, I installed Windows 7 Professional 64bit on the Windows partition of a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. I am selling that computer and going to erase that Windows partition.

I know that Win 7 can be upgraded to Win10 for free. Can I use this opportunity to get Win 10 for free and install it on a new Mac to be purchased soon? If so, what is the procedure?

Thanks.

:)

petercohen8877, Jan 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 Activation

Win 10 is a free upgrade to an existing win 7 or 8 OS only. If you want to newly install it on a mac you need to either have a previous OS key or purchase a win 10 key

What windows was on the Mac before?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 26, 2016
  3. One windows copy for multiply computers

Win 10 (unlessed purchased) is an upgrade.

1-if you upgraded your "genuine" win 7 to win 10 it is for that computer only

2-The free upgrade is finished so you cannot re-install win 7 then upograde for free

3-Once a computer is upgraded to win 10 and activated you can always re-install win 10 & or replace the HD. You Cant take the old HD and use it on a new motherboard.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 26, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer

It depends on if the version of Windows 7 you installed was a full retail version or an OEM or system builder's edition. If it is a full retail version of Windows 7 then the answer is yes, you can use that Windows 7 to obtain the free upgrade to Windows 10 on a new computer. The safest way to ensure that Windows 10 will activate is to install Windows 7 first on the new computer and make sure that is activated. Then use one of the upgrade methods to install Windows 10.

If you installed Windows 7 OEM or system builder's edition - that stays with the first computer it was installed on.

NavyLCDR, Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer

1. Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer - Similar Threads - Installed Mac free

2. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  3. I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE: I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE. SCREEN BROKE ON MY LAPTOP SO I PLACED MY HARD DRIVE IN AN IDENTICAL LAPTOP. NOW WINDOWS IS NOT ACTIVATED. ANY WAY TO FIX THIS OR DO I HAVE DO BUY IT NOW?...
  4. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  5. Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting: My wife finally cracked and asked me to get her Laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - it was July 27. Clicked on the white windows upgrade icon in the system tray and was advised that the upgrade had been reserved/confirmed. I'm not usually impatient and I guess...
  6. Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade: I am not a business. I have 4 computers at home running Win 7 Pro and 1 running 8.1 Pro. When I upgrade to Win 10 will I get the "Pro" version? Seems like I should as I have invested extra money in the earlier versions. Thanks, 8866
  7. upgrade win.7 to win 10

upgrade win.7 to win 10: I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to upgrade it to windows 10 with media creation tool everything is working fine but I still don't have ver 1511 10586.36 I am...
  8. Win 7 -> Win 10 upgrade - can I do a clean install instead of upgrade?

Win 7 -> Win 10 upgrade - can I do a clean install instead of upgrade?: Hi Guys, I'm trying to upgrade a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit machine to Win 10 Pro 64-bit. Ideally I want a clean install... I tried using the method that worked before on other PCs (Media Creation Tool -> Upgrade this PC) but I got a BSOD when it was "Checking for Updates",...
  9. Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!

Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!: Just bought a pre-loved laptop for Mrs (Sheelba, as I like to think of her) for our 34th Wedding anniversary. She already has a pre-hated android tablet which she won't use 'cos it hates her back too! I saw the Dell Latitude E6400 on Tuesday, and bought it the next day,...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...