Windows 10: Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD

Discus and support Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a laptop with two SSDs - the main SATA SSD and a small mSATA SSD. I installed Win 10 to the main SSD (Win 10 installer could see both disks).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sten3, Dec 7, 2019.

1. sten3 Win User

Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD

I've got a laptop with two SSDs - the main SATA SSD and a small mSATA SSD. I installed Win 10 to the main SSD (Win 10 installer could see both disks). Once Win 10 is installed, it no longer sees the mSATA SSD.

In Disk Mgmt, I only see Disk 0 (the main SSD), which is partitioned into a 500mb System Reserved partition and the OS partition.

Device Mgr also only shows the main SSD.

How can I get W10 to recognize the mSATA SSD? Do I need to install a mSATA driver? Windows Update shows the machine as up to date, and Lenovo's System Update (it's a Thinkpad) also shows as up to date.

:)

sten3, Dec 7, 2019
  2. amrathil Win User

mSATA SSD

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had used a mSATA to 1.8'' adapter, something like this:

Addonics Product: mSATA SSD 1.8" micro SATA adapter

, I'm just asking because mSATA SSD's are quite cheaper than 1.8'', and I'd like to buy one of these for my booklet.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

amrathil, Dec 7, 2019
  3. amrathil Win User
    mSATA SSD

amrathil, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD

mSATA SSD required for laptop.

I'm just wondering...can you plug in an mSata SSD in any mini PCIe slot on a laptop motherboard? My ASUS G72GX has two I belive...One is already being occupied by the Wifi card. I want to know if I can plug in an mSata SSD into the other. Thanks!

sandiegoborn32, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD

1. Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD - Similar Threads - Installed Win10 laptop

2. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  3. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  4. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External mSata ssd very hot.

External mSata ssd very hot.: Having tried HWiNFO64 to get temperature of external drive. = 53/54 Celsius Kingston mSata SUV500MS 480GB in aluminium enclosure via short cable to USB C/Thunderbolt socket. Machine uses AHCI. Task Manager shows ssd at gentle use but is nearly too hot to keep hand on casing....
  6. Windows 10 doesn't recognize SSD

Windows 10 doesn't recognize SSD: I have an Asus X510UQ and a new 250GB Samsung EVO970Plus NVMe. I checked the BIOS, every single driver that popped up on Google and everything is up do date. My computer runs on an HDD drive and has an extra slot in the motherboard for an SSD drive. I looked online and...
  7. win10 doesn't recognize my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win10 doesn't recognize my password: how to reset my account password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-doesnt-recognize-my-password/8580298c-ffee-4b64-b250-80809cea01bb
  8. taking data off onboard mSata SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    taking data off onboard mSata SSD: Selling my Dell XPS. I removed my D drive which contained most of my data but the OS is on an onboard SSD, looks like its a 256GB mSATA. How do I reformat that drive, can it be done in the BIOS? Len 127407
  9. Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD

Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD: I got a new Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI drive. I have a X99 motherboard but it didn't have the M.2 slot so I purchased an adapter to attach the drive and installed it into an open PCI slot. When I first installed it and boot up under the current Windows 10, I could see the...
  10. Need some advice on an mSATA SSD swap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some advice on an mSATA SSD swap: Ladies & Gents: I'm getting ready to decommission a desktop to give to my sister's family. Right now, it's got a Samsung EVO 850 500 GB mSATA installed as the boot/system drive. I want to swap that unit out for a spare Samsung EVO 850 250 GB mSATA, so I can put the 500 GB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 do not see msata