Windows 10: Installed windows 10 2004 and lost printer and dvd drive

Discus and support Installed windows 10 2004 and lost printer and dvd drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing windows 10 2004 my printer and DVD drive stopped working. I rolled it back to 1909 and my DVD drive started working again but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanHaskell, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Installed windows 10 2004 and lost printer and dvd drive

After installing windows 10 2004 my printer and DVD drive stopped working. I rolled it back to 1909 and my DVD drive started working again but my printer is not working.

I reinstalled the printer but got an error that the system could not detect the printer.

I looked at my router home page and can see the printer and I can use the internet OK.

Any solutions welcome.

:)

IanHaskell, Aug 31, 2020

2. Lost DVD Drive after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Art,

Tell us more what's going on, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you make any hardware changes on your computer before this issue happened?
    • Have you checked if the DVD Drive is showing up in Device Manager?

We highly suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Ivan Gospodinov that relates to this issue.

In addition, you may also follow this
    link
    for additional steps provided by Auggy.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

Edjay Rust, Aug 31, 2020
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Installed windows 10 2004 and lost printer and dvd drive

Lost DVD/CD drive in Windows 10.

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the
    DVD/CD drivers from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type device manager and select the top most search result.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC for the Windows to install the DVD/Cd drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Get back to us if you are facing further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Installed windows 10 2004 and lost printer and dvd drive

1. Installed windows 10 2004 and lost printer and dvd drive - Similar Threads - Installed 2004 lost

2. No Printers Installed After Windows 10 2004 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Printers Installed After Windows 10 2004 Upgrade: After Windows 10 was upgraded to version 2004, intermittently printers started to disappear from the printer selection drop-down within applications such as MS-Word and MS-Excel. The message in the printer selection is "No Printers Installed", I am unable to see hardware...
  3. has anybody kept losing their DVD drives or external DVD drives since 2004 update

has anybody kept losing their DVD drives or external DVD drives since 2004 update: has anybody kept losing their DVD drives or external DVD I don't know if its since the lastest version that I keep getting registry corruption messages, I uninstall them restart and they work only to drop off again. First my laptop DVD so I tried my ext DVD and ext...
  4. Windows 10 version 2004 lost connection to a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 version 2004 lost connection to a network drive: My computer was working OK. Then we had a bad storm so I shut it down. I have a drive connected to my router that contains software and files used by both of my computers. One is a Microsoft Surface 6 and it connects OK to my network drive. My Desktop HP Envy 23 does not. In...
  5. DVD Installation with no optic drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DVD Installation with no optic drive: Hi, I accidentally purchased the DVD version of Windows 10 for a new pc build that doesn't have an optical drive. Is it possible to use a serial number or something on this DVD to transfer over to a USB version, or do I need to return the DVD and buy a new license entirely?...
  6. install downloaded windows 10 2004 iso file without any bootable flash drive or dvd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install downloaded windows 10 2004 iso file without any bootable flash drive or dvd: can I upgrade this pc to extract iso file & run the setup ? is this method safe or not safe ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-downloaded-windows-10-2004-iso-file/4dcc621e-6af7-4af2-877f-60c39f379a30
  7. dvd drive window 10

dvd drive window 10: My dvd drive does not open when I press the button on the tray......it use to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-window-10/4ca5170b-89a4-43e7-a342-e941ea60ec53
  8. Lost DVD Drive

Lost DVD Drive: Running Windows 10 and each time I get an upgrade my DVD drive is no longer recognised This hss happened about 4 times now - Is there a perminate fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-dvd-drive/b56502c9-3d9e-4607-b886-0fc66a7d7121
  9. A lost DVD drive ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A lost DVD drive ???: I allowed Microsoft/Windows to completely refresh my laptop with their latest version of windows 10 & they said I could find those functions & put them back where they belong on my Lenovo laptop. However I'm know unable to play a DVD & as the drive has gone. What should I...
  10. DVD drive on windows 10

DVD drive on windows 10: I just bought A Dell Inspiron with intel processor and 8gb memory - I have windows 10. I am though not seeing the dvd drive in the explorer. I have MS office 2007 that I am trying to install with my dvd I purchased. it does not do anything when I insert the disc, Thanks...