Windows 10: Installed Windows 10 after I had a Linux Distro, Now my GPU isn't recognized. Just Says...

Discus and support Installed Windows 10 after I had a Linux Distro, Now my GPU isn't recognized. Just Says... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey Guys, If I check device manager my Display Adapter= Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I know my Video Card is a NVIDIA Geforce 2080 TI. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BrothaBrix88, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Installed Windows 10 after I had a Linux Distro, Now my GPU isn't recognized. Just Says...

Hey Guys,

If I check device manager my Display Adapter= Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

I know my Video Card is a NVIDIA Geforce 2080 TI. However, when I install the drivers from NVIDIAs website I get an error "These drivers are incompatible with this version of Windows."

I've had this video card work successfully on this Windows 10 before, so I know it's plugged in. I'm just hoping the Linux Distro didn't screw up my kernel now my Motherboard can't recognize my video card.

Any thoughts why I can't see my video card?

submitted by /u/BrothaBrix88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BrothaBrix88, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Aquinus Win User

Linux distro for Pentium 4

Maybe but, it still might not give you what you think you're getting. Give the steps on the first answer of this article a try:
    Ubuntu 14.04 not recognizing installed Intel graphics driver

Aquinus, Feb 18, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Which distro of Linux?

I had an old pc laying around I tried installing Foldix on but that failed mierably. Anyway...

What distro of linux should I use for this pc (specs will be listed below). I intend to use it for folding and as a backup PC and something to use to read directions on incase I need to do something to my PC I can have directions right here.

533MHz PIII-based Celeron
    256MB SDRAM unknown speed (probably PC100)
    ASUS MEW-VM
    10gb hard drive
    no video card
    Linksys LNE 100TX network card (no onboard LAN)

If anyone could suggest a Linux distro and direct me to some Linux dirvers for this thing I... uhh... will send you an e-cookie and click the thanks button!

4. Installed Windows 10 after I had a Linux Distro, Now my GPU isn't recognized. Just Says...

Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

Hello Osman

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Community, My name is Miguel T. I'm an independent Advisor

Has you checked this links yet? probabily would help you:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-linu...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-linu...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this information has been useful, please let me know if you still need assistance.

Miguelonky, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Installed Windows 10 after I had a Linux Distro, Now my GPU isn't recognized. Just Says...

1. Installed Windows 10 after I had a Linux Distro, Now my GPU isn't recognized. Just Says... - Similar Threads - Installed Linux Distro

2. I just installed Linux Mint as dual boot and now Windows says the disk is dirty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just installed Linux Mint as dual boot and now Windows says the disk is dirty.: Chkdsk is SO annoying, but I don't find anything to solve this.If it helps, I still have Windows 7 since I cannot upgrade my PC.I installed the latest stable Linux Mint iso with the "Decent method", which was running the iso as a local drive partition and installing from...
  3. I just installed Linux Mint as dual boot and now Windows says the disk is dirty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just installed Linux Mint as dual boot and now Windows says the disk is dirty.: Chkdsk is SO annoying, but I don't find anything to solve this.If it helps, I still have Windows 7 since I cannot upgrade my PC.I installed the latest stable Linux Mint iso with the "Decent method", which was running the iso as a local drive partition and installing from...
  4. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  5. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  6. How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.

How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.: So, I want to install Windows 10 on my PC that currently runs Linux Mint but I don't want to remove Linux mint or have to reinstall Linux mint. Anything I can do? All of the websites I find are just installing Windows 10 over Linux and just reinstalling Linux. I don't want to...
  7. "Error" Installing Linux distro in windows 10 pro wsl2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Error" Installing Linux distro in windows 10 pro wsl2: WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed....
  8. Which distro for Windows Services for Linux?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which distro for Windows Services for Linux?: Moderators: If this thread belongs in another forum, please move. So someone gave me some scripts that run under Linux, and he uses Linux under WSL. Seems like a good idea, but I have no idea which Linux distro I should use. Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on on...
  9. Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10: How to: Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10 How to Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distros in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools...
  10. Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux: We are happy to announce that we have open sourced a WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) sample for Linux distribution maintainers. This sample allows distro maintainers to build WSL distro packages for the Microsoft Store and developers to create custom Linux distro packages...