Windows 10: Installed Windows 10 Home by mistake, can't upgrade to Pro with the Pro licence tied to my...

Discus and support Installed Windows 10 Home by mistake, can't upgrade to Pro with the Pro licence tied to my... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got a new computer. I have a Windows 10 Pro digital licence tied to my Microsoft account, but installed Home by mistake. Now, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by smileyhead1500, May 6, 2019.

1. Installed Windows 10 Home by mistake, can't upgrade to Pro with the Pro licence tied to my...

Hello,

I recently got a new computer. I have a Windows 10 Pro digital licence tied to my Microsoft account, but installed Home by mistake. Now, the Settings app tells me my Windows is not activated, since I don't have a Home licence.

If I try to upgrade to Pro through the Microsoft Store (via the "I have a Windows 10 Pro product key" hyperlink), it asks me to type the key. Since I have this licence tied to my account, I don't know what the key is.

If I run the troubleshooter, all it tells me that it wasn't able to activate Windows on this device.

:)

smileyhead1500, May 6, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, May 6, 2019
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, May 6, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Installed Windows 10 Home by mistake, can't upgrade to Pro with the Pro licence tied to my...

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Installed Windows 10 Home by mistake, can't upgrade to Pro with the Pro licence tied to my...

1. Installed Windows 10 Home by mistake, can't upgrade to Pro with the Pro licence tied to my... - Similar Threads - Installed Home mistake

2. Can't upgrade windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade windows home to pro: Dell AIO Inspiron PC can't upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Windows 11 Pro, when entering a Windows 11 Pro license it always fails and comes out Error "The Product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try agany, or enter a different...
  3. Can't upgrade windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade windows home to pro: Dell AIO Inspiron PC can't upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Windows 11 Pro, when entering a Windows 11 Pro license it always fails and comes out Error "The Product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try agany, or enter a different...
  4. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...: I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine. We then have a machine with a Windows 10 Home OEM licence, if we upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on...
  5. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...: I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine. We then have a machine with a Windows 10 Home OEM licence, if we upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on...
  6. WINDOWS 10 HOME/PRO INSTALL, UPGRADE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME/PRO INSTALL, UPGRADE: Greetings, can someone, anyone please please help me????? I have had this HP laptop since Dec of of last year I bought it used and it was a CLEAN INSTALL laptop which means there was nothing installed on it so i had to reinstall like EVERYTHING.. My issue has been very nerve...
  7. Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro: Hey all... I've 15 new Laptops with Windows 10 Home. I want to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro (small office environment.. I need Bitlocker). I can do it (buy) via the Activation upgrade option, but it wants to link to a Microsoft account. How can I get official genuine...
  8. Windows 10 Pro upgrade mistake

Windows 10 Pro upgrade mistake: Not realizing that my new laptop has Windows 10 Enterprise on it, I purchased the Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store. Of course, the upgrade failed and now I'm stuck with an unlicensed copy of Enterprise. What is the best way to rectify this? Can I purchase a copy of 10...
  9. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence

Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence: I have a school that has purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition activated by a Digital Licence. They wish to upgrade the laptop to Windows 10 Pro and have a valid Volume Licence MAK Key but the laptop will not accept it as valid. I have re-installed the OS from...
  10. upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence: hey hi, i have purchased a acer nitro 5 laptop from us which has a pre installed windows 10 home operating system i have done a fresh clean install of windows again ,and got back my licence from digital license and my question is can i upgrade to windows 10 pro with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro installed homr by mistake