Windows 10: Installed Windows 10 on Acer Laptop; My 2nd Drive not mounted?

Discus and support Installed Windows 10 on Acer Laptop; My 2nd Drive not mounted? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay so long story short I thought I could convert to Linux Debian full time but it didnt work. I have a Acer Aspire Laptop Model A315-22, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jliving207, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Installed Windows 10 on Acer Laptop; My 2nd Drive not mounted?

Okay so long story short I thought I could convert to Linux Debian full time but it didnt work. I have a Acer Aspire Laptop Model A315-22, so I probably put some miles on my SSD distro hopping unable to find stability like we have here at windows so anyways I came back booted up official ISO from microsoft.com, Installed everything went good (I diskpart command the 2 drives before) went custom install > chose my SSD (thinking it would install like last time to both drives) but when I got to my Desktop for the firstime and checked it out, I didn't see my 2nd Hard Drive. So I forgot to mention I have a 256 GB SSD and a 500 GB HDD Internal volumes in the laptop it's a fairly new machine so everything should be good to work with for a while. Now my concern isn't with not being able to found my drive , I pulled up Disk Management > Created a new partition Table on the HDD (that wasn't allocated) formatted it in NTFS and gave it a name and drive letter. Rebooted, now I see my HDD as it mounts when I enter my Desktop, but is there any concern with the Partition scheme? Because I am not sure how windows 10 has all my drives partitioned. Remember my SSD only has 256 GB and I got an extra 500 GB that is on my HDD. I was going through a tutorial and I saw someone recommend running diskpart or something on the drive after it has been formatted and it really confused the hell out of me. Should I change any thing? If so what, and or any useful information would be appreciated, I can supply any other information you may need to know about my system.

Here is where I found the guide on getting the Hard Drive working just so if your wondering about what I mean about the guide being really unusual at the end it might just be troubleshooting if the first option didn't work but not sure:

How to Fix Hard Drive Not Showing up in Windows 10

Warm Regards,

James

:)

jliving207, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Installed Windows 10 on Acer Laptop; My 2nd Drive not mounted?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Installed Windows 10 on Acer Laptop; My 2nd Drive not mounted?

1. Installed Windows 10 on Acer Laptop; My 2nd Drive not mounted? - Similar Threads - Installed Acer Laptop

2. Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10: Hello,I have just followed instructions to mount a hard drive as a folder in Windows 10. I will be using this to store music files.Rather than the internal SSD.What I would like some information on is this. If I have the hard drive connected to my computer and I make a Clone...
  3. Install Windows 10 on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 on 2nd drive: Hi I currently have a 1Tb HDD, partitioned into ‘C’ one-third and ‘D’two-thirds. ‘C’ is Windows 10 and apps, ‘D’ is data docs, spreadsheets, music…. I have a spare 240Gb SSD 2.5 inch which I’d like to useas the boot drive, with the aim of making Windows 10 start quicker,...
  4. Installation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation Apps and Data on 2nd Drive: I have Dell XPS8940 machine with two drives SSD ( C:) and HDD ( D:) with SATA operation and configured in BIOS for RAID mode. My OS is Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685 ). I wish all new apps and folders: downloads, documents, music, pictures, videos be installed on D: drive...
  5. 2nd install of windows 10

2nd install of windows 10: I installed windows 10 on an AMD gen7 pc, it loaded but once installed kept freezing after 5 minutes. It did this over 18 times, fed up at what was happening I decided to dump it and reformat machine. when I tried a second fresh windows 10 install it would not work. so not...
  6. Mount Drive to a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mount Drive to a Folder in Windows 10: How to: Mount Drive to a Folder in Windows 10 How to Mount a Drive to a Folder in Windows 10 You can assign a mount point folder path to a drive to have the drive appear as a normal folder located where you want. With you mount an internal or external drive to an...
  7. How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive

How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive: When I'm installing Windows in a PC with 2 drives and I want to dedicate one for it and one for Linux, I usually disable from Bios the drive I don't want to use then I proceed with Windows installation on the other drive. This is not possible on my new Lenovo T480s, Bios...
  8. How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive: When I'm installing Windows in a PC with 2 drives and I want to dedicate one for it and one for Linux, I usually disable from Bios the drive I don't want to use then I proceed with Windows installation on the other drive. This is not possible on my new Lenovo T480s, Bios...
  9. Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted: [img] You can see from the image above that random drives get drive letters assigned to them for no reason. In addition to that, I can't even remove the drive letters, unless I use diskpart, but then that doesn't stick between reboots. Any ideas? 41103
  10. Problem Installing Windows 10 on Laptop as 2nd OS

Problem Installing Windows 10 on Laptop as 2nd OS: The tutorial was great - it (along with "How to Dual Boot Windows 10...") helped me tremendously in getting Windows 10 to install properly as a second operating sytem (old Vista being the 1st) on my Desktop. However, I am having difficulty getting the install done on my...