Windows 10: Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8

Discus and support Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Pictcha link to the issue solved in 2016 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mental Element, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8

Pictcha link to the issue solved in 2016 - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/window-10-installed-still-shows-windows-8-in-c/88da73a5-7aae-4a45-9eba-fed9c952ed8b#:~:text=8/3/2016,the%20required%20fee.

:)

Mental Element, Apr 10, 2022

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 10, 2022
  4. MrGenius Win User

Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8 partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8

1. Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8 - Similar Threads - Installed while System

2. Bad system config while on windows recovery installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad system config while on windows recovery installer: I have the bad system config error while on the windows recovery installer and I am stuck in a loop of my pc restarting and I cant do anything about it as before windows even loads the bad config error screen appears making me unable to do anything....
  3. Bad system config while on windows recovery installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad system config while on windows recovery installer: I have the bad system config error while on the windows recovery installer and I am stuck in a loop of my pc restarting and I cant do anything about it as before windows even loads the bad config error screen appears making me unable to do anything....
  4. Bad system config while on windows recovery installer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8: Pictcha link to the issue solved in 2016 - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/window-10-installed-still-shows-windows-8-in-c/88da73a5-7aae-4a45-9eba-fed9c952ed8b#:~:text=8/3/2016,the%20required%20fee....
  6. Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8

Installed Windows 10 while in System Config /Boot, Start-up and Recovery - Windows 8: Pictcha link to the issue solved in 2016 - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/window-10-installed-still-shows-windows-8-in-c/88da73a5-7aae-4a45-9eba-fed9c952ed8b#:~:text=8/3/2016,the%20required%20fee....
  7. Bad system config start up loop

Bad system config start up loop: Hello,My problem is pretty similar to what’s going on at the link below.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bad-system-config-info-error-and/da09f25e-1588-4f16-9383-3a7d8845730c?page=2My computer boots up, makes a pop noise, goes to the screen...
  8. Bad system config start up loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad system config start up loop: Hello,My problem is pretty similar to what’s going on at the link below.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bad-system-config-info-error-and/da09f25e-1588-4f16-9383-3a7d8845730c?page=2My computer boots up, makes a pop noise, goes to the screen...
  9. Bad System Config / Windows will not start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad System Config / Windows will not start: I have a Lenovo ideapad 330. Over the last few days, i started getting DPC watchdog errors. I have tried several things to resolve, including system restore to an earlier date. That she to work but then the system would just randomly freeze up, and I'd have to do a manual...
  10. System Recovery 8 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Recovery 8 to 10: Doing a system recovery on an Acer laptop that came with 8 but was upgraded to 10. Needed recovery media from Acer. Would you believe 6 CDs? I believe the recovery will reinstall W-8 Can I do an upgrade back to 10 as long as I have the embedded product key? Pete 123782