Windows 10: Installed windows 11 home on new hardware while account has windows 10 pro digital license.

Discus and support Installed windows 11 home on new hardware while account has windows 10 pro digital license. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I recently updated my hardware new cpu and motherboard and installed windows 11 home edition by usb media.When logging in to windows I receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jeroen brock, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Installed windows 11 home on new hardware while account has windows 10 pro digital license.

Hello,I recently updated my hardware new cpu and motherboard and installed windows 11 home edition by usb media.When logging in to windows I receive the 'Activate windows' prompts.When i use the troubleshooter it tells me i only have a license for windows 10 PRO and that it is not compatible with my current OS version.The contact support option only gives me an error that it could not retrieve my support options.Is it possible for me to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 PRO without needing to reinstall my whole disk ?

:)

jeroen brock, Oct 7, 2022
  2. myagkov-a Win User

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Oct 7, 2022
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Installed windows 11 home on new hardware while account has windows 10 pro digital license.

Upgrading OEM windows 11 home with Digital license of windows 10 pro

Windows 10 pro is activated with a digital license and linked to my Microsoft account on my old device, and now I have a new laptop with OEM windows 11 home installed. both are linked to the same Microsoft account. I want to activate my laptop with windows 11 pro from my pc how I can do this?

AbhishekThakur3, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Installed windows 11 home on new hardware while account has windows 10 pro digital license.

1. Installed windows 11 home on new hardware while account has windows 10 pro digital license. - Similar Threads - Installed home hardware

2. Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro: I have windows 10 home digital license but I have installed windows 10 pro which is not activated, the troubleshoot tells me to install a windows 10 home copy to activate windows from the digital license I have for windows 10 home but I already re-installed windows 10 using...
  3. Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro: I have windows 10 home digital license but I have installed windows 10 pro which is not activated, the troubleshoot tells me to install a windows 10 home copy to activate windows from the digital license I have for windows 10 home but I already re-installed windows 10 using...
  4. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc: I upgraded my old windows 11 home laptop to windows 11 pro. I would like to transfer my Windows 11 pro digital license to a new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-1011-pro-digital-license-to-a-new/d90c21a3-a5c4-4575-82ed-f5ca816c7c77
  5. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc: I upgraded my old windows 11 home laptop to windows 11 pro. I would like to transfer my Windows 11 pro digital license to a new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-1011-pro-digital-license-to-a-new/d90c21a3-a5c4-4575-82ed-f5ca816c7c77
  6. Installed windows 11 home on new hardware while account has windows 10 pro digital license.

Installed windows 11 home on new hardware while account has windows 10 pro digital license.: Hello,I recently updated my hardware new cpu and motherboard and installed windows 11 home edition by usb media.When logging in to windows I receive the 'Activate windows' prompts.When i use the troubleshooter it tells me i only have a license for windows 10 PRO and that it...
  7. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc: Hi all,I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 home pc to Windows 10 pro via a digital license bought from the Microsoft store named Windows 10/11 Pro.I would like to:1. transfer that pro digital license to my new Windows 11 Home pc in a few days once my new pc arrives, and...
  8. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc: Hi all,I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 home pc to Windows 10 pro via a digital license bought from the Microsoft store named Windows 10/11 Pro.I would like to:1. transfer that pro digital license to my new Windows 11 Home pc in a few days once my new pc arrives, and...
  9. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows 10 Home digital license, but Windows 10 Pro installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home digital license, but Windows 10 Pro installed: Hello, I previously had Windows 10 Pro installed and activated in my laptop but I didn't use it for a few months. Recently, I decided to use it again and some updates were installed. After the updates finished, I noticed that Windows wasn't activated. When I try to...