Windows 10: Installed Windows 2020 update, now pc won't boot!

Discus and support Installed Windows 2020 update, now pc won't boot! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a second hand Acer Aspire XC-885 which I've had for about a year now. After MS introduced us to the latest windows update, my PC kept crashing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sl.23, Jul 15, 2020.

1. sl.23 Win User

Installed Windows 2020 update, now pc won't boot!

I have a second hand Acer Aspire XC-885 which I've had for about a year now. After MS introduced us to the latest windows update, my PC kept crashing. It got worse until I got so fed up that the only thing to do was recover my PC by reinstalling Win10. I tried numerous attempts and various ways to recover my PC using Windows own recovery system, but each attempt failed to for one reason or another.

Now I have a PC that won't boot.

My question is simply, can I download the Windows 10 1903 ISO and install that. Well, obviously yes, but I mean, will it be activated or do I need the serial key? I managed to use an app to recover the key before the final crash, but I'm unsure how reliable it is. I know that Win10 uses a digital key linked to your MS account, so I'm hoping I can just reinstall windows and it'll just activate itself via this digital key.

Currently I have Linux Mint on the machine, just to check the hardware worked ok, and it seems fine. So the culprit must be Windows 10 May 2020 update. It worked fine before that.

:)

sl.23, Jul 15, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Installed Now PC Fails to Boot

Hi Antony,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern regarding your Windows 10 Creators Update, we suggest that you perform the following
    steps to trigger Safe Mode through the
    Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)
    option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting into safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Installed Windows 2020 update, now pc won't boot!

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Installed Windows 2020 update, now pc won't boot!

1. Installed Windows 2020 update, now pc won't boot! - Similar Threads - Installed 2020 update

2. PC won't boot after installing updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot after installing updates: I was running Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 3. After some updates were installed, the laptop needed to restart. Now when I turn it on, I get a message that says there is no bootable device. I can't even get into BIOS and I don't have a disk or USB to boot from. What are my...
  3. update failed now won't boot.

update failed now won't boot.: Update decided was going to install window 10 v 1909 was on 1809. Update failed and said was restoring previous settings 1809 however on reboot just got blinking cursor on screen. Downloaded Windows 10 to access recovery tools, tried all several times, restore, system...
  4. PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB

PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB: Hello, I'm aware that this problem had already some forum posts and serval fixes are already suggested by many sources. I'm writing this question because nothing of that worked for me. My situation: I worked with a working Windows 10 a couple days ago. Now I switched...
  5. Windows 10 update now laptop won't boot

Windows 10 update now laptop won't boot: Hello, I have a 5 month old laptop asus F510QA running Windows 10. Last night there was a windows needs to restart to apply changes in the bottom right tray. I clicked restart computer to apply update. Left the room and came back to a computer with a black screen and the...
  6. Windows 10 Update... Now it won't Boot or Restore.

Windows 10 Update... Now it won't Boot or Restore.: Windows apparently updated over the night. When I tried to restart the machine the circle just spins after the BIOS screen. I've tried: Startup repair System Restore - none of the 3 restore points loaded System Restore from Safe Mode Uninstall Quality Update Uninstall...
  7. Pc won't boot after windows update

Pc won't boot after windows update: I have a Lenovo H30-50 which came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. This was upgraded to Windows 10 for free (I believe by Microsoft itself as part of an update). Yesterday while using the pc, a prompt came up informing me of an important update. While I can't recall all the...
  8. Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot: A few weeks ago I took an update to Windows 10. When the system rebooted I received a white screen and an error saying "Can't read instructions form address blah, blah, blah'. I clicked OK and just had the white screen. Now, when I boot up I get the windows logo and the...
  9. Installed Creators Update, now PC won't start

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Creators Update, now PC won't start: Well I'm starting to panic since I can't get my laptop running. I installed Creators update yesterday with Windows Update tool. At first try it gave an error so I tried again and it managed to install the update. After updating, Windows required to restart, so that's what I...
  10. PC reset during possible Win10 install, and now PC won't boot

PC reset during possible Win10 install, and now PC won't boot: Hi all, Hoping somebody can help. I think my PC was trying to install Windows 10 when I did some Windows Updates recently. I use the word "think" because I never signed up for the free upgrade and I never agreed for Windows 10 to be installed on my PC and I don't recall...