Windows 10: Installed Windows on a new M.2 while current Windows M.2 was connected. Now it's a mess.

Discus and support Installed Windows on a new M.2 while current Windows M.2 was connected. Now it's a mess. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First off, whatever team set up how installs of Windows 10 works with leaving the boot stuff on the old drive if you have it installed and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CRIMS0N S0L, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Installed Windows on a new M.2 while current Windows M.2 was connected. Now it's a mess.

First off, whatever team set up how installs of Windows 10 works with leaving the boot stuff on the old drive if you have it installed and only installing the other half of the files all deserve to be fired. It's pathetic how horrible Windows is when it comes to being user friendly and there's no excuses for it. Just lazy people and greedy execs not letting anyone do the work so they can push stuff out and make sales. I would NEVER have these issues on Mac OS, but that's because they actually care about how their users experience their products.

Now, can anyone tell me a way I can fix my drive that now has Windows on it but no boot data for me to use it? All the data is there, but I can't boot that drive. I seen one other person with this issue and the only thing someone said was wipe it and start over. I'm NOT doing that.

When I tried to boot the computer with only that drive it wouldn't even do anything. I tried using a usb with windows on it to fix it and it tells me it can't do anything.

What do I have to do to get my drive to boot, or to copy it exactly how it is to another drive with a working install?

:)

CRIMS0N S0L, Mar 24, 2021
  2. DarkEstra Win User

unable to install windows on M.2

Hello
    i have m.2 960 evo installed on Gigabyte z270-Ultra Gaming
    so i did the AHCI thingy from the bios
    and it detect the m.2
    but when i try to install windows
    it reachs to the page where i should make partition and start installing
    it says u unable to install windows on this partition and i should enable m.2 from bios
    tried the UEFI and legacy
    nothing happend
    so what is the solution here

DarkEstra, Mar 24, 2021
  3. 0xc0000098 On new M.2 SSD

Ive been trying, (unsuccessfully) to install a usb copy of windows 10 onto my new 1tb m.2 ssd.

So far i have tried just about every boot option my bios has and i cant get the program to load.

when i boot up my other drive that currently has a working copy of windows the usb and program seem to load fine. But the m.2 drive is the only one connected when i try to boot the program

So i am just unsure if i am missing something when it come to the m.2 interface or if there something else i am doing wrong.

specs: asus rampage v edition 10: i75860k:32gbram

ChrisC_221, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Installed Windows on a new M.2 while current Windows M.2 was connected. Now it's a mess.

A new win install on a HDD messed up my win install on my m.2 SSD

Installed Windows on a new M.2 while current Windows M.2 was connected. Now it's a mess. [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do think that is my problem, but I couldn't find a way to remedy it. Sorry for the screenshot being in Hungarian, if you need I can translate it. And don't mind the 500 MB partition, I tried to do a fix from a similar thread which suggested creating it, but later steps didn't prove successful.

giorgioblues, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Installed Windows on a new M.2 while current Windows M.2 was connected. Now it's a mess.

1. Installed Windows on a new M.2 while current Windows M.2 was connected. Now it's a mess. - Similar Threads - Installed while current

2. Installing Windows 11 on a new M.2 device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 11 on a new M.2 device.: Hi everyone, I hope yall are well.I recently ordered a new M.2 drive for my PC as the current one is becoming dysfunctional and causes a lot of system crashes.My question is how do you install Windows 11 on the new M.2 device that has no files on it after installing it into...
  3. Installing Windows 11 on a new M.2 device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 on a new M.2 device.: Hi everyone, I hope yall are well.I recently ordered a new M.2 drive for my PC as the current one is becoming dysfunctional and causes a lot of system crashes.My question is how do you install Windows 11 on the new M.2 device that has no files on it after installing it into...
  4. New M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New M.2: Greetings,I've recently installed a second M.2 First one is my primary C: I installed a few games and it was working fine for a few days.Then suddenly it would Bluescreen Crash and restart my Windows 11 every time i would start a game.I installed and ran CrystalDiskMark and...
  5. New M.2

New M.2: Greetings,I've recently installed a second M.2 First one is my primary C: I installed a few games and it was working fine for a few days.Then suddenly it would Bluescreen Crash and restart my Windows 11 every time i would start a game.I installed and ran CrystalDiskMark and...
  6. install windows 11 to M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install windows 11 to M.2: hey... I've been trying for hours to install windows 11 on my new PC, Which I'am using m.2 samsung evo980x2, the issue I'am facing that the M.2 doesn't appear on the windows installer driver's screen it doesn't detect it ,Whereas in the Bios asus z690-p Screen is recognizing...
  7. install windows 11 to M.2

install windows 11 to M.2: hey... I've been trying for hours to install windows 11 on my new PC, Which I'am using m.2 samsung evo980x2, the issue I'am facing that the M.2 doesn't appear on the windows installer driver's screen it doesn't detect it ,Whereas in the Bios asus z690-p Screen is recognizing...
  8. Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd: Hi, i already have licensed windows 10 on hdd, so i just bought a new m.2 ssd to improve the performance. The question is if i do a clean install of windows on the ssd using the usb drive, what will happen to the windows on the hdd? Can i enter the same key or do i have to...
  9. M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    M.2: For a better picture, I have an SSD, a brick, and an m.2 SSD I boot from this m.2 I just purchased another m.2 with more memory that I would use to store my games to increase load times. However, I installed the new m.2 and when I boot the computer, I am getting an m.2...
  10. Install Windows on M.2 2280?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on M.2 2280?: Hello, I'm planning on upgrading my computer next year and the motherboard I've currently picked out supports M.2 and I was wondering if it's possible to install an OS on M.2 and would be any faster than my SSD? If it is possible, do I install the OS the same way I would...