Windows 10: Installed windows on my PC twice, still getting BSOD.

Discus and support Installed windows on my PC twice, still getting BSOD. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting a lot of bsod's, so I thought maybe reinstalling windows might fix it, but it didn't. As it got worse, my games started crashing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joseph_CB, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Joseph_CB Win User

Installed windows on my PC twice, still getting BSOD.

I've been getting a lot of bsod's, so I thought maybe reinstalling windows might fix it, but it didn't. As it got worse, my games started crashing, saying that some of its files are corrupt. I've ran the memory diagnostic tool from windows since I can't use memtest86, and it showed up as having no errors. I downloaded WhoCrashed and this is what showed up.

System Information local

Computer name: DESKTOP-SM70JNN
    Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2004, build: 19041
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: MS-7A38, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., B450M PRO-VDH MAX MS-7A38
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 8664, level: 23
    4 logical processors, active mask: 15
    RAM: 17125634048 bytes 15.9GB

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. This system is not configured for complete or automatic crash dumps. For best results, configure your system to write out complete or automatic crash dumps. Select Tools->Crash Dump Configuration from the main menu to configure your system to write out complete memory dumps.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Fri 19/02/2021 10:18:33 am your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021921-6500-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys hardware
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x41792, 0xFFFFEA0000170CE0, 0x800000000000, 0x0
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A corrupted PTE has been detected.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating thermal issue.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
    Google query: hardware.sys MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

On Thu 18/02/2021 6:53:06 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021821-7343-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x41792, 0xFFFFBE00001A6CE0, 0x200000000000, 0x0
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A corrupted PTE has been detected.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating thermal issue.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .

On Wed 17/02/2021 7:12:37 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021721-7515-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x41792, 0xFFFFED800032BCA0, 0x200000000000, 0x0

On Tue 16/02/2021 7:15:01 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021621-6484-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x32A671
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80121B2A671, 0xFFFFFD052BCE6868, 0xFFFFFD052BCE60A0
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 15/02/2021 8:06:09 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021521-8578-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3DDA20
    Bugcheck code: 0xBE 0xFFFFAE400B67DBA8, 0x8A00000000200121, 0xFFFF8704DAA96DD0, 0xA
    Error: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This is issued if a driver attempts to write to a read-only memory segment.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 15/02/2021 6:55:34 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!memset+0x6364E
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x41792, 0xFFFF8680CE49FC20, 0xC00000000000, 0x0

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupted:
    C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\PoW32kWatchdog-20210215-1630.dmp

Conclusion

7 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 6 are included in this report. If dump files are found and they could not be analuzed, it means they are corrupted. Because crash dumps are an emergency measure it is not uncommon for this to happen, however often it points to a problem in the storage stack. It is suggested that you run CHKDSK on your system drive to check your drive for errors.
    A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

hardware.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

:)

Joseph_CB, Feb 19, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Installed windows on my PC twice, still getting BSOD.

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Installed windows on my PC twice, still getting BSOD.

1. Installed windows on my PC twice, still getting BSOD. - Similar Threads - Installed twice still

2. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  3. Still getting BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still getting BSOD: I'm still getting BSOD. I have created a few threads on it, yet stopped because I thought it was fixed.Stopcode: KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERRORI have tried everything, and I wouldn't like to use Driver Verifier as I do not trust myself with it.Windows 10...
  4. Still getting BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still getting BSOD: I'm still getting BSOD. I have created a few threads on it, yet stopped because I thought it was fixed.Stopcode: KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERRORI have tried everything, and I wouldn't like to use Driver Verifier as I do not trust myself with it.Windows 10...
  5. Still getting BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD After update, done a clean install still getting BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD After update, done a clean install still getting BSOD: I installed the update kb4592438, and as soon I restarted my pc i got the BSOD, tried some fixes to solve it but none of them worked, so I decided to install windows again. I installed it within the recover menu using the option to delete everything from the windows...
  7. i get bsod errors twice everyday

i get bsod errors twice everyday: after the first month after i built my computer, i was getting crashes. i kept looking into them and the most frequent ones are irql_less_or_not_equal and kernel auto boost invalid lock release. i looked everywhere on youtube and google and cant find anything....
  8. Upgraded PC but still getting a few BSoDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded PC but still getting a few BSoDs: [IMG] I had a faulty motherboard that gave me numerous bluescreens errors before and I recently replaced it. Now I barely get BSoDs but I still got a few, luckily they all seem to be the same error now but I can't find consistent info on the internet for this error. The...
  9. Fresh windows install, still BSODs

Fresh windows install, still BSODs: I'm having trouble identifying the cause of numerous BSODs and hoping someone can be of some help. The first few BSODs would happen during gaming sessions which resulted in > irql_not_less_or_equal > nvlddmkm.sys. I tried updating video card drivers, then completely removing...
  10. Install PC Bluetooth twice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install PC Bluetooth twice: My older PC does not have Bluetooth. I heard that all I needed to do was add/install a Bluetooth adapter. I have tried this twice with 2 different devices... neither works. I see the Bluetooth listed in the Bluetooth Settings page, but it does not work, and the Bluetooth icon...