Windows 10: Installed Windows Server 2016, now I can't access my desktop

Discus and support Installed Windows Server 2016, now I can't access my desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, today I installed Windows server 2016 from Microsoft's website to try and learn active directory. The bottom line is after it installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eomlil, Mar 13, 2019.

1. eomlil Win User

Installed Windows Server 2016, now I can't access my desktop

Hi everyone, today I installed Windows server 2016 from Microsoft's website to try and learn active directory. The bottom line is after it installed all my laptop is showing now is the command prompt as seen here: http://imgur.com/a/gVztolr. I can't access anything else. Please help me get my laptop back to normal.

:)

eomlil, Mar 13, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 13, 2019
  3. NikhilG Win User
    Does windows(10/server-2016) have privileged ports ?

I can bind to any un-used privileged ports with out admin credentials. Is this expected ? Is there no concept of privileged ports in new versions of windows ?

Below are the steps I followed:

1. Logged in as non-admin user in Windows-server 2016.
    2. Installed python and started the server on port 80 using python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80
    3. Another user on the same system could access using http://localhost
    Can anyone provide more in-sight into this ?

NikhilG, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Ritalyk Win User

Window Server 2016 compatible with Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable

Is Window Server 2016 compatible with Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920

From the Supported Operating System, it didn't mention Window server 2016

Anyway, we tried to install "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable" in "Window Server 2016".

And tried to use the excel component to preview it in SSIS, but it didn't work.

Anyone tried this and successful? or any workaround for running ssis in window server 2016?

My platform information:

- The operation system is “Windows Server 2016 Standard”

- The SQL Server Version is “Microsoft SQL Server 2016”

- The Visual Studio Version is “Microsoft Visual Studio 2015”

Many thanks for your help.

Ritalyk, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Installed Windows Server 2016, now I can't access my desktop - Similar Threads - Installed Server 2016

2. remote desktop access window server 2016.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote desktop access window server 2016.: Hi i'm Arslan , i have question related to remote desktop access window server 2016. when i try to access remotely ,after authenticating it pop ups the message : access denied. kindly reply me as soon as possible ,thanks in advance....
  3. remote desktop access window server 2016.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote desktop access window server 2016.: Hi i'm Arslan , i have question related to remote desktop access window server 2016. when i try to access remotely ,after authenticating it pop ups the message : access denied. kindly reply me as soon as possible ,thanks in advance....
  4. Windows Server 2012 Can't Install Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2012 Can't Install Office 2016: Hi,We have Windows Server 2012 64-bit that had Office 2016 64-bit installed in it; however, after it had some license activation error, we uninstalled it and then when trying to install it, we got 2 errors:1. Error Code: 0-2031 170042. Error Code: 30201-44We tried the...
  5. Windows Server 2012 Can't Install Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2012 Can't Install Office 2016: Hi,We have Windows Server 2012 64-bit that had Office 2016 64-bit installed in it; however, after it had some license activation error, we uninstalled it and then when trying to install it, we got 2 errors:1. Error Code: 0-2031 170042. Error Code: 30201-44We tried the...
  6. Windows Server 2012 Can't Install Office 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Server 2016: I've inherited some problems at a new employer related to Windows Server 2016. I know Server 2012 and older pretty well, but not 2016. The problem is that something is killing Admin Control. Admins can still log in, but things that require Admin Elevation or just admin...
  8. I can't access my folder on the server at work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access my folder on the server at work: I did something really stupid, apparently. In the list of users for a folder I need, it showed EVERYONE as having all access privileges (along with some other users too). I denied access to EVERYONE, thinking that the permissions for the other users would remain. It...
  9. Windows Server 2016 docs are now on docs.microsoft.com

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2016 docs are now on docs.microsoft.com: We’re excited to announce the availability of the IT pro technical documentation for Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile on docs.microsoft.com. [img] Why move to docs.microsoft.com? You’ll immediately notice our crisp new responsive design that...
  10. Now available: Windows Server 2016 Security Guide

in Windows 10 News
    Now available: Windows Server 2016 Security Guide: Windows Server 2016 includes major security innovations that can help protect privileged identity, make it harder for attackers to breach your servers, and detect attacks so that you can respond faster. This is powerful technology, and all that’s missing is guidance on how to...