Windows 10: Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse...

Discus and support Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new SSD, so I used the media creation tool to create a windows install from a USB. All went fine, windows went on the new SSD without any major... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrLipSchitze, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse...

I got a new SSD, so I used the media creation tool to create a windows install from a USB. All went fine, windows went on the new SSD without any major issues, except now my touchpad is being confused for something called a PS/2 mouse.

Apparently it's a known issue, with a plethora of different fixes that haven't worked for me. I put the old SSD back in for the time being, but is anyone familiar with this issue and do you know how to make it not happen when I use the media creation to create a backup install on USB? I would assume the backup is getting corrupted somehow, I could be wrong though. I tried doing a system reset with the new install and the same error persisted.

This is a new inspiron 7506, I can't find any touchpad drivers for it yet through dell.

Thank you

submitted by /u/DrLipSchitze
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DrLipSchitze, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Oct 23, 2020
  3. raydream Win User
    Old laptop touchpad working only by uninstalling PS/2 mouse driver?!

Hello! I was trying to restore my sister's old computer, a Toshiba Protege M800 running win7 32bit. The touchpad is not working, after spending hours trying to troubleshoot update latest drivers from Toshiba website (ALPS Pointing Device Driver for Windows
    7 (32) and Synaptics Touch Pad Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)) both didn't work. I got it to work (partially) but with weird phenomenon:

1) Uninstall all drivers, including Toshiba and Microsoft's native PS/2 compatible mouse from Device Manager

2) Upon restart, the touchpad works! However the system will detect and install PS/2 drivers from Microsoft and ask for restart

3) After the 2nd restart, touchpad stopped working! Though Device Manager shows PS/2 drivers working properly

The above process repeats itself whenever I uninstall 'PS/2 Mouse' drivers. The driver is Windows' default so I can't seem to disable the drivers, if only I can stop the driver from loading then I can ensure the touchpad to work everytime I switch it on.

Any kind explanation and solution?

raydream, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse...

Synaptics TouchPad Driver - Failed to Install

Hi all.

I have a friend who is having trouble making his Toshiba Satellite L50-A (PSKLWA-004001), Touchpad work. He said it hasn't been working several months so he has been using a USB mouse instead.

I first tried installing the driver from 'mytoshiba' and no drivers were available for windows 10 (64bit) so I tired the windows 8.1 driver and that didn't seem to work.

Then I saw that Synaptics had a windows 10 driver (same at pinned thread) especially for the touch pad so I installed the PS/2, SMBus one which I believe is the one built-into the laptop and it installed, restarted and no luck there either.

I did the latest windows updates and then it also detected an update for the touchpad driver, so it then installed via windows update and still no luck.

I know that this is not a simple case of Fn+f5 because the function key settings show that the touchpad is enabled and strangely the device manager does not have any device listed under mouse/pointing devices other than the USB mouse.

I believe this is a case, of the right driver has been found but is not installing, but I could be wrong *Confused.

ellellell1, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse...

1. Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse... - Similar Threads - Installed USB device

2. how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?: O have Logitech ps/2 mouse which works fine normally with the Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver but while gaming I have to move the mouse really fast so the cursor doesn't works fine as it should. It stutters a lot when randomly moving it fast for better aiming. I tried to update...
  3. how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to use ps/2 compatible mouse driver instead of Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver?: O have Logitech ps/2 mouse which works fine normally with the Microsoft ps/2 mouse driver but while gaming I have to move the mouse really fast so the cursor doesn't works fine as it should. It stutters a lot when randomly moving it fast for better aiming. I tried to update...
  4. PS/2 old driver install

PS/2 old driver install: I have a really old pc, USB broke somehow so I got PS/2 mouse and keyboard. It was working fine but then I updated the mouse drivers and my mouse started double-clickingclicks register twice sometimes when I click once I remember old working version said that it was out in...
  5. PS/2 old driver install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS/2 old driver install: I have a really old pc, USB broke somehow so I got PS/2 mouse and keyboard. It was working fine but then I updated the mouse drivers and my mouse started double-clickingclicks register twice sometimes when I click once I remember old working version said that it was out in...
  6. PS/2 old driver install

7. update drivers touchpad ps/2

update drivers touchpad ps/2: hello sir I own a Toshiba satellite c50-bdevice. A few days ago, I updated my device’s operating system to Windows 10, and after the update, the touchpad crashed when opening Windows. It does not appear on me. I contacted the manufacturer about this malfunction, but they...
  8. update drivers touchpad ps/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update drivers touchpad ps/2: hello sir I own a Toshiba satellite c50-bdevice. A few days ago, I updated my device’s operating system to Windows 10, and after the update, the touchpad crashed when opening Windows. It does not appear on me. I contacted the manufacturer about this malfunction, but they...
  9. update drivers touchpad ps/2

10. PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work

PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work: steps already taken: + Driver Update + Uninstall the driver then reinstall + Troubleshoot, error code 10 detected, but can't be fixed automatically + Registry check: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \...