Windows 10: Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse...

Discus and support Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new SSD, so I used the media creation tool to create a windows install from a USB. All went fine, windows went on the new SSD without any major... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrLipSchitze, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse...

I got a new SSD, so I used the media creation tool to create a windows install from a USB. All went fine, windows went on the new SSD without any major issues, except now my touchpad is being confused for something called a PS/2 mouse.

Apparently it's a known issue, with a plethora of different fixes that haven't worked for me. I put the old SSD back in for the time being, but is anyone familiar with this issue and do you know how to make it not happen when I use the media creation to create a backup install on USB? I would assume the backup is getting corrupted somehow, I could be wrong though. I tried doing a system reset with the new install and the same error persisted.

This is a new inspiron 7506, I can't find any touchpad drivers for it yet through dell.

Thank you

submitted by /u/DrLipSchitze
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DrLipSchitze, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Oct 23, 2020
  3. raydream Win User
    Old laptop touchpad working only by uninstalling PS/2 mouse driver?!

Hello! I was trying to restore my sister's old computer, a Toshiba Protege M800 running win7 32bit. The touchpad is not working, after spending hours trying to troubleshoot update latest drivers from Toshiba website (ALPS Pointing Device Driver for Windows
    7 (32) and Synaptics Touch Pad Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)) both didn't work. I got it to work (partially) but with weird phenomenon:

1) Uninstall all drivers, including Toshiba and Microsoft's native PS/2 compatible mouse from Device Manager

2) Upon restart, the touchpad works! However the system will detect and install PS/2 drivers from Microsoft and ask for restart

3) After the 2nd restart, touchpad stopped working! Though Device Manager shows PS/2 drivers working properly

The above process repeats itself whenever I uninstall 'PS/2 Mouse' drivers. The driver is Windows' default so I can't seem to disable the drivers, if only I can stop the driver from loading then I can ensure the touchpad to work everytime I switch it on.

Any kind explanation and solution?

raydream, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse...

Synaptics TouchPad Driver - Failed to Install

Hi all.

I have a friend who is having trouble making his Toshiba Satellite L50-A (PSKLWA-004001), Touchpad work. He said it hasn't been working several months so he has been using a USB mouse instead.

I first tried installing the driver from 'mytoshiba' and no drivers were available for windows 10 (64bit) so I tired the windows 8.1 driver and that didn't seem to work.

Then I saw that Synaptics had a windows 10 driver (same at pinned thread) especially for the touch pad so I installed the PS/2, SMBus one which I believe is the one built-into the laptop and it installed, restarted and no luck there either.

I did the latest windows updates and then it also detected an update for the touchpad driver, so it then installed via windows update and still no luck.

I know that this is not a simple case of Fn+f5 because the function key settings show that the touchpad is enabled and strangely the device manager does not have any device listed under mouse/pointing devices other than the USB mouse.

I believe this is a case, of the right driver has been found but is not installing, but I could be wrong *Confused.

ellellell1, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse...

1. Installed windows to USB device and new install doesn't have touchpad drivers (PS/2 mouse... - Similar Threads - Installed USB device

2. Ps 2 Mouse Stpped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ps 2 Mouse Stpped working: After a recent windows 10 update on one of my PC's the ps 2 ported mouse stopped working. Nothing I tried from this website worked. The pc had an older type motherboard with both mouse & keyboard ps 2 ports that have worked for several years.10+ The Keyboard still worked...
  3. PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work

PS / 2 compatible mouse ERROR code 10 Touchpad doesn't work: steps already taken: + Driver Update + Uninstall the driver then reinstall + Troubleshoot, error code 10 detected, but can't be fixed automatically + Registry check: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \...
  4. Install Touchpad Driver

Install Touchpad Driver: Hello. I recently got my Lenovo Yoga2 11 back and had issues with the touchscreen and touchpad. I was able to update/add the correct driver for the touchscreen, but can't resolve the touchpad. Specifically, my touchpad moves and clicks, but does not drag/highlight. I...
  5. USB device driver installation

USB device driver installation: Windows 10 pro, 1903, 18362.418 I cannot find a way to install older-than-current drivers. I am trying to change into older drivers for a USB device; a Asus USB-AC68 wifi adapter. 1st try: I uninstall the device and then install the Asus provided installation package. Still...
  6. PS/2 Mouse

PS/2 Mouse: Hello, I have 2 PS/2 mouses. A Logitech TrackMan Vista and a Logitech TrackMan Marble FX. But they just won't work on my desktop (My desktop has a PS/2 port, so i just plug them in my PS/2 port). I tried al the sulutions that i found on the internet but none will work....
  7. Touchpad driver was not installed

Touchpad driver was not installed: I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop 14AST I want to install the touchpad driver, but it's not in the driver pack. Finally I downloaded it manually but it can't be installed and there is a message "touchpad driver was not instaled please see C: Drivers / touchpadDriver /...
  8. PS/2 mouse driver is missing while

PS/2 mouse driver is missing while: hello This issue is addressed to microsoft technical people only, PS/2 mouse driver is missing while PS/2 keyboard is working, when plugging mouse to PS/2 port , mouse is not working, when plugging keyboard to PS/2 port , keyboard is working, I tried setting ease of access...
  9. USB Mouse bonkers in 9879 in VM. PS/2 Mouse OK !!!!

USB Mouse bonkers in 9879 in VM. PS/2 Mouse OK !!!!: Hi there "Back to the future". Bog standard Ms USB mouse doesn't work properly in W10 build 9879 VM after latest Windows updates applied (Ok on earlier releases). VMware tools etc all installed -- no difference. The Toolbar only works when the VM is in Windowed mode (i.e...
  10. Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts

Mouse And Keyboard PS/2 Device Manager Yellow Alerts: I have mouse and keyboard PS/2 yellow alerts on Device Manager, but they aren't plugged. Tried to unistall, but they come back on next reboot. 44005