Windows 10: Installed Windows update in October 2018.. my laptop is not accessible anymore

Discus and support Installed Windows update in October 2018.. my laptop is not accessible anymore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, A Microsoft update was pushed to my HP Laptop in October 2018 and it messed up my laptop and I'm not able to access anything. I get a big pop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mani Deepak Pulla, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Installed Windows update in October 2018.. my laptop is not accessible anymore

Hi,

A Microsoft update was pushed to my HP Laptop in October 2018 and it messed up my laptop and I'm not able to access anything.

I get a big pop up saying 'Location is not available' as shown below. I just have a black blank desktop with only recycle bin icon.

Nothing works on the desktop even If I click any icon like.. Start, Search, Battery, Volume, Network...

I'm not sure how to proceed further to restore my laptop to working condition. Please let me know your response as soon as you can and I would appreciate it.

Installed Windows update in October 2018.. my laptop is not accessible anymore 486f281f-9cb4-4f8d-b8e5-6c7b110aea65?upload=true.jpg

:)

Mani Deepak Pulla, Dec 17, 2018

2. Regarding Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 installed

Dear Microsoft official,

I had installed in my laptop, the Windows 10 October 2018 Update 1809 on 02-Oct-2018. As such, I have not faced any issues of files getting deleted or so. However, I have seen reports that Microsoft has instructed customers not to install this build.

Do I need to uninstall this update from my laptop, though I am not facing any issues?

SureshKartha, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Start developing on Windows 10 October 2018 Update today

Source: Start developing on Windows 10 October 2018 Update today - Windows Developer Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Installed Windows update in October 2018.. my laptop is not accessible anymore

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Installed Windows update in October 2018.. my laptop is not accessible anymore

1. Installed Windows update in October 2018.. my laptop is not accessible anymore - Similar Threads - Installed update October

2. windows feature update October 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows feature update October 2018: the windows feature update October 2018 thread is already closed but I got this update yesterday - e.g. in April 2019 - OK running cleaning program after this update 8707 fragments 540 registry entries 458 MB junk files nobody takes care about clearing after the work is...
  3. windows 10 october 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october 2018 update: to the mother **** of Windows. I have two computer down because your stupid update and no solution out available when google it or coming to negligent support **** page. since november I am without computers thanks to the mother **** and the Smart idiots of Microsoft. you...
  4. October 2018 Pro Update

October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  5. Windows 10 October 2018 update.

Windows 10 October 2018 update.: I am eagerly waiting for the new windows update, I checked windows update and also clicked on "check for updates" button, but there were no new updates, a news had came that Microsoft released that update on 9th October, but its already 19, Is my device ineligible? How do I...
  6. Windows 10 bricked my Laptop, failed to install October update 2018

Windows 10 bricked my Laptop, failed to install October update 2018: First of all, I would like to keep things civil here with respect to the forum moderators and the community here, as I can see that everyone is working tirelessly to help solve and mitigate the problems that they had. Except that, Windows 10 is a broken product. It comes...
  7. windows 10 october update 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b
  8. Windows 10 accessibility in the October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 accessibility in the October 2018 Update: At Microsoft, we believe our technology should reflect the diversity of the people that use our products. We are excited to share how the Windows 10 October 2018 update delivers on that mission by giving you more accessibility features than ever before to enhance your...
  9. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  10. Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 not installing

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 not installing: [ATTACH] Some users reported that they were unable to install the Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 on their system. Though there may or may not be any error message specific to this issue, users reported that it reverts to the [...] This post Windows 10 October 2018...