Windows 10: Installed Windows Update, now brightness changes without a smooth transition?

Discus and support Installed Windows Update, now brightness changes without a smooth transition? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've had my laptop (Windows 10) about 6 months and have never encountered this issue. It recently installed an update for windows (I believe for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThrowawayAccount5260, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Installed Windows Update, now brightness changes without a smooth transition?

So I've had my laptop (Windows 10) about 6 months and have never encountered this issue. It recently installed an update for windows (I believe for something related to the Intel Display or Intel Graphics Command Center) and after the update I noticed that if I adjusted the screen brightness, there was a stark and sudden change in the screen brightness and not a smooth transition to the new brightness level like previously. I've done a bit of research and it seems that this is a windows/intel display driver related issue. Any ideas on what could be causing it or what could fix it? Thanks in advance for any help

submitted by /u/ThrowawayAccount5260
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThrowawayAccount5260, Apr 13, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Apr 13, 2021
  3. How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop

Hi, i had recently updated my windows 10 to the later version and have noticed that changing my brightness happens without transition. Before the update, there used to be a transition effect when changing brightness which dowsnthappen now. Pls help

my laptop is an ASUS S550CM

Windows 10 (May 2019 Update)

Shreyanshsoni_911, Apr 13, 2021
  4. MrCelroy Win User

Installed Windows Update, now brightness changes without a smooth transition?

Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

I was forced to update to Win10 1903 today from 1809 by Windows and after updating I encountered a bit of an issue,

changing the brightness now isn't as smooth as it was before with the function keys as seen here

in comparison,

changing the brightness with the function keys used to look something like this

I don't know if it's an installation issue or if Microsoft changed the behavior of how the brightness works but

I'm hoping to see if there's a fix for this because it's really annoying me for a number of reasons

MrCelroy, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Installed Windows Update, now brightness changes without a smooth transition?

1. Installed Windows Update, now brightness changes without a smooth transition? - Similar Threads - Installed Update brightness

2. A new laptop - Smooth transition, possible compatibility with Windows, and number of ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A new laptop - Smooth transition, possible compatibility with Windows, and number of ports?: So the laptop I'm currently using is a Dell Inspiron 13 5379. I have been using it since 2017 or 2018 but I've been noticing that it has been getting slower over time and that the amount of free space in my OS has now started to drop below 80GB out of the total 225GB on the...
  3. A new laptop - Smooth transition, possible compatibility with Windows, and number of ports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A new laptop - Smooth transition, possible compatibility with Windows, and number of ports?: So the laptop I'm currently using is a Dell Inspiron 13 5379. I have been using it since 2017 or 2018 but I've been noticing that it has been getting slower over time and that the amount of free space in my OS has now started to drop below 80GB out of the total 225GB on the...
  4. Display brightness resets without the setting changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display brightness resets without the setting changing: using a second monitor and whenever I put the laptop to sleep, when it wakes up the screen is extremely bright. if you go into the settings, it is still set where you put it 35 for me and you have to move the slider and move it back to get the actual brightness to match the...
  5. Display brightness resets without the setting changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display brightness resets without the setting changing: using a second monitor and whenever I put the laptop to sleep, when it wakes up the screen is extremely bright. if you go into the settings, it is still set where you put it 35 for me and you have to move the slider and move it back to get the actual brightness to match the...
  6. How to have smooth transition of lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to have smooth transition of lock screen: So I've noticed that my laptop's lock screen didn't have a smooth slide up transition like the other. For example, HP laptop when an administrator enters PIN or passwords, the lock screen will slide up smoothly....
  7. How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop: Hi, i had recently updated my windows 10 to the later version and have noticed that changing my brightness happens without transition. Before the update, there used to be a transition effect when changing brightness which dowsnthappen now. Pls help my laptop is an ASUS...
  8. Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903: I was forced to update to Win10 1903 today from 1809 by Windows and after updating I encountered a bit of an issue, changing the brightness now isn't as smooth as it was before with the function keys as seen here SEyRYGojBsA in comparison, changing the brightness with the...
  9. Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903: I was forced to update to Win10 1903 today from 1809 by Windows and after updating I encountered a bit of an issue, changing the brightness now isn't as smooth as it was before with the function keys as seen here SEyRYGojBsA in comparison, changing the brightness with the...
  10. Desktop Bridge: Smooth User Transition and Data Migration

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Bridge: Smooth User Transition and Data Migration: The Windows 10 Creators Update will help provide smooth user transition along with some best practices for app developers to follow. This feature is available on the current insider builds. Users will be encouraged to download the store version of their desktop apps. If...