Windows 10: Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet

Discus and support Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so I had a HDD crash. I have no windows 10 recovery disk or usb or anything. I did have an old vista disk so I got a new HDD installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dannyburcham, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet

Okay so I had a HDD crash. I have no windows 10 recovery disk or usb or anything. I did have an old vista disk so I got a new HDD installed and installed vista on it. Well it's not recognizing any network drivers and my other laptop just entirely died. So my question is how can I get windows 10 downloaded? Or update drivers or somethin . I do have the HDD out of my other one but I believe it may be dying. It has windows 8 on it and will boot and let me log in. It takes literally 20 minutes to make it to the desktop then freezes. So with all of this what can I do? I have plenty of sub's I just need a way to get windows 10 downloaded. It's a inspiron 5759. I just replaced the HDD

:)

dannyburcham, Oct 5, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 5, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet

Windows vista will not connect to the internet

it's the router, he can connect to the internet without the router but if he tries it any other way he doesn't get the internet. It's odd because my computer runs vista and i do not have any problems with it.

freaksavior, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet

1. Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet - Similar Threads - Installed vista can't

2. Can't install windows 11 without internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install windows 11 without internet connection: I've made installation media on USB flash. Installed windows 11 and here goes "welcome screen" let's setup your computer...Oh no, you can't continue without Internet connection, use other device to get help. Funny part that computer has wifi6 adapter connected and drivers are...
  3. Can't install windows 11 without internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install windows 11 without internet connection: I've made installation media on USB flash. Installed windows 11 and here goes "welcome screen" let's setup your computer...Oh no, you can't continue without Internet connection, use other device to get help. Funny part that computer has wifi6 adapter connected and drivers are...
  4. Windows can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't connect to internet: Hello My window pc is unable to connect to inter giving errors:Windows can't communicate with device or resource primary dnsSecurity firewall settings may be blocking internetI have tried everything reseting internet settings, manually setting dns, turning off firewalls,...
  5. Windows can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't connect to internet: Hello My window pc is unable to connect to inter giving errors:Windows can't communicate with device or resource primary dnsSecurity firewall settings may be blocking internetI have tried everything reseting internet settings, manually setting dns, turning off firewalls,...
  6. Windows can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Vista to Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop installed successfully but Internet connection?: Window Vista to Windows 10 installed successfully but Internet connection? First step install Windows 7 from from retail DVD. Next install clean set up, install from desktop to. So Windows 7 install successfully. I install Windows 10 operating system from the desktop....
  8. Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista: Hi. I bought new version of windows 10 home from Microsoft. It arrived as a usb stick. It will not install. It states that it can't install on current operating system.Vista. It says it can be booted from installation media. I do not know how to do this. I will admit to not...
  9. can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't connect to internet: sometimes when i use my acer laptop, the wifi icon is randomly a little sphere thing and it can't find any wifi networks at all. after i restart my computer, it goes back to the wifi icon and automatically connects to my home wifi. i've tried troubleshooting when it's in that...
  10. New windows 10 install can't connect to internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New windows 10 install can't connect to internet.: Recently built a new computer with a new install of Windows 10 Pro and cannot connect to the internet. Troubleshooting gives the standard "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" . I've been searching around and have tried just about every solution and nothing is...