Windows 10: Installed wrong win 10 version.

Discus and support Installed wrong win 10 version. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HI I installed the wrong windows 10 version: Windows 10 pro N. While the product key I purchased is for Windows 10 Pro. I tried to use the key I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by runeschjetne, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Installed wrong win 10 version.

HI

I installed the wrong windows 10 version: Windows 10 pro N.

While the product key I purchased is for Windows 10 Pro.

I tried to use the key I have for activation but it didn't accept it.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Rune

:)

runeschjetne, Dec 30, 2019
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

3. kajson Win User
    Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Installed wrong win 10 version. ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Installed wrong win 10 version.

Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Installed wrong win 10 version.

1. Installed wrong win 10 version. - Similar Threads - Installed wrong version

2. upgraded mb and installed wrong version of win 10 need steps to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgraded mb and installed wrong version of win 10 need steps to fix: had to upgrade my mb due to crash reinstalled win 10 pro instead of win home edition couldn't activate windows need steps to revert back to win 10 home edition and activate windows...
  3. upgraded mb and installed wrong version of win 10 need steps to fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgraded mb and installed wrong version of win 10 need steps to fix: had to upgrade my mb due to crash reinstalled win 10 pro instead of win home edition couldn't activate windows need steps to revert back to win 10 home edition and activate windows...
  4. upgraded mb and installed wrong version of win 10 need steps to fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 wrong version after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 wrong version after clean install: Hello, my Alienware came with Windows 10 Home x64 installed, then I did upgrade to Pro I have the purchase confirmation email. I got a new m.2 NVMe SSD HDD, no more and did a clean install but the usb tool didn't gave me any option to install Windows 10 Pro. So, when the...
  6. wrong Win 10 version

wrong Win 10 version: Was running Win 10 Home, bought Win 10 Pro at MS Store. Download & install resulted in Win 10 Enterprise on my PC. Cannot activate and don't want the enterprise version. How can I get pro installed?...
  7. Installed the wrong version of Windows 10

Installed the wrong version of Windows 10: I've recently built myself a new PC and upon installing what should have been Windows 10 Home, have installed the Education version of Windows instead. I was wondering if the was any way in which I could uninstall my current version of windows, and then reinstall the correct...
  8. Windows 10 re-install gets wrong version

Windows 10 re-install gets wrong version: I have a number of laptops that have had many different versions of Windows 10 installed on them Professional Home Enterprise I've generally installed Widows 7 Professional and then used the Windows 10 upgrade tool and then made a Wbadmin backup to a network share in case I...
  9. Wrong windows version installed

Wrong windows version installed: A friend was recently helping me with PC issues but in the end we had to reinstall windows. Unfortunately he messed up and installed a trial version of the wrong edition of windows using the wrong installation media. This only came to light after I got messages about the...
  10. Wrong Win10 Version Installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Win10 Version Installed: I downloaded and burned to DVD Win10 ... I did a clean install onto another partition which went fairly well.... But I ran into a few problems I hope someone can help with... 1.) Windows 10 is asking for the product key. 2.) I noticed the version of Win10 installed...