Windows 10: Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002

Discus and support Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day I'm in serious need of help I'm trying to install a program on my Laptop "windows 10" and it keeps on giving me the same error over and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marilize90, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002

Good day

I'm in serious need of help I'm trying to install a program on my Laptop "windows 10" and it keeps on giving me the same error over and over.

"Windows Update Standalone Installer

Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002

The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found"

Please help!

Thank you

:)

Marilize90, Sep 18, 2020

2. Windows Update Standalone Installer Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002 The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found

Hi,

Windows Update Standalone Install Error 0x80096002 is caused due to misconfigured system files in your operating system. You get this error code when you try to install an incompatible software or a driver onto your PC.

I suggest you to install the software in compatibility mode by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the error code: 0x80096002 experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10

I have downloaded windows search 4.0 from the below link.

Windows Search 4.0 for Windows Vista x64 Edition (KB940157) (

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2276).

I am getting same error as " Windows update Standalone installer

installer encountered an error : 0x80096002 , The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found" when I install.

I tried to follow the steps as you said in the above post , but there is no compatibility option present.

• Download the software setup file from the link.
    • Right-click on the setup file and click on properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,restart the
      computer and check if the changes are effective.

Can you please suggest , how to proceeed further. My outlook is instant search is not working because of this software missing.

Rakesh_karam, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002

Have downloaded bit locker software from Microsoft website but whenever i am trying to install it . an error occurs showing"Installer encountered an error : 0x80096002".

Original title: bitlocker

hello,

i have hp pavilion notebook with windows 10. i have downloaded bit locker software from microsoft website but whenever i am trying to install it . an error occurs showing"Installer encountered an error : 0x80096002".

I want to set password for my all drives, files, folders. Please suggest my how can i set password for them.

Thanking you

Puneet Kumar

kumarpuneet, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002

1. Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002 - Similar Threads - Installer encountered error

2. ERROR ENCOUNTERED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR ENCOUNTERED: When i try to update the windows that some settings are managed by you oragnization, Error encountered , your device is missing important security and quality fixes,and your organization has turned off automatic updates....
  3. ERROR ENCOUNTERED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR ENCOUNTERED: When i try to update the windows that some settings are managed by you oragnization, Error encountered , your device is missing important security and quality fixes,and your organization has turned off automatic updates....
  4. Error Encountered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Encountered: Look at the image and kindly help me to get rid from this type of Error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-encountered/0f57f18e-7000-4ae5-b107-2d1077420932
  5. Error encountered when installing updates.

Error encountered when installing updates.: I was installing updates when an error occurred with one of them. It told me to give you this code: 0x80070643. I had just recently done a Reset. Please help. Edit: This is solved....
  6. Error: 0x80096002 When executing DISM

Error: 0x80096002 When executing DISM: Dear expert: I am getting 0x80096002 error when executing DISM check. Details as the below. Could please kindly check and advise? Thanks in advance. C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool...
  7. Error 0x80096002 wheb installins Windows Virtual Machine software

Error 0x80096002 wheb installins Windows Virtual Machine software: I have Windows 10 PRO 64 bit and as far as I know, there are no outstanding updates. My cpu is an AMD A8-3800 quad core that is capable of virtualization. I downloaded the file "Windows6.1-KB958559-x64-RefreshPkg.msu" from Microsoft web site. When I attempted to execute it...
  8. The Installer Encountered Error 1612?

The Installer Encountered Error 1612?: What does "The Installer Encountered Error 1612" mean when I try to install Google Earh Pro? More importantly, how do I get around it? After Windows 10 updated the system could not be repaired, could not be repaired and did not work in any form or fashion other than it could...
  9. Windows Update Standalone Installer Error 0x80096002

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Standalone Installer Error 0x80096002: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, when using a Windows Update Standalone Installer to install Windows Updates, you may see error code 0x80096002. If you face this issue, here is what you can do to resolve the issue and install the update on your [...] This post Windows Update...
  10. Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10

Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10: When I am trying to install Windows Virtual PC on my Dell 7577 win10 I am getting the error "Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10. The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found". Also, I am not able able able to change the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. erro 0x80096002