Windows 10: Installer Error / Bug

Discus and support Installer Error / Bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI, I am running Windows 10, 64-bit and have a recent issue where, whenever I right click on any desktop icon (any) or left click on my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamieDalton, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Installer Error / Bug

HI,

I am running Windows 10, 64-bit and have a recent issue where, whenever I right click on any desktop icon (any) or left click on my windows explorer icon in the task bar, an installer launches. The installer launches, hangs, and just blue circles. It doesn't install anything and I have no way of telling what it was ever attempting to install. This problem happened before the latest OS update and persists after. The only thing I am able to do after this happens it Ctrl + Alt + Del, enter the task Manager and restart. Unfortunately I am not the Admin for this machine as it is a work computer and my own IT dept have so far been unable to help (they are unbelievably, also unable to log in using an admin account as this is controlled by company group IT, who are so far useless)

I am unable to change how Windows Installer runs through Services as I'm locked out, and though I can access the Registry Editor I'm also unable to change the start up value of it there due to being locked out!

I know this wouldn't affect the route cause but it would be helpful until I can get this solved.

Any insight into the what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

:)

JamieDalton, Jul 5, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Installer Error / Bug

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Installer Error / Bug

1. Installer Error / Bug - Similar Threads - Installer Error Bug

2. errors and bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    errors and bugs: hi i have a problem with my laptop when my laptop get in to the sleep mod or it's screen turns of my laptop restart it's self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errors-and-bugs/2bb3d1c2-0e64-4fcb-8b77-0a4ffce767d6
  3. errors and bugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    errors and bugs: hi i have a problem with my laptop when my laptop get in to the sleep mod or it's screen turns of my laptop restart it's self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errors-and-bugs/2bb3d1c2-0e64-4fcb-8b77-0a4ffce767d6
  4. bug and error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bug and error: hi i have a problem with my laptop when my laptop get in to the sleep mod or it's screen turns of my laptop restart it's self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bug-and-error/2bb3d1c2-0e64-4fcb-8b77-0a4ffce767d6
  5. bug and error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bug and error: hi i have a problem with my laptop when my laptop get in to the sleep mod or it's screen turns of my laptop restart it's self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bug-and-error/2bb3d1c2-0e64-4fcb-8b77-0a4ffce767d6
  6. Bug check errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug check errors: Hello, this is an issue that is causing my computer to restart when seemingly nothing is going wrong. When i check the event viewer the most frequent error message I am seeing is "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a." I have tried to solve...
  7. Bugs and Platform Errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bugs and Platform Errors: Hi everyone, Find bugs and errors encountered in the Microsoft Community Platform here. Please feel free to post performance issues and concerns you may have here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bugs-and-platform-errors/aa935f01-e165-41e0-ae01-3a9929fc0443
  8. bug with the bitlocker error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bug with the bitlocker error: so basically I've only turned on my pc and got the bitlocker screen, I don't have the recovery key and well, I use the link on the screen and this is what I got, so what should I do now?...
  9. Bug in installer checking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bug in installer checking: Hi trying to update from W7 ultimate to W10 pro I get for the installer check that 2 files must be uninstalled when searching the registry with Regseeker there are no results and searching thru the registry no results also. Is there a way to reset the installer ? (I've tryed...
  10. update error or bug?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update error or bug?: I've found something strange inside update time and the real time on the system. is it possible they're not the same? last update time shows next 4hrs and a half than the system time. [ATTACH]...