Windows 10: Installer forder cleanup. Clean msp & msi patches marked as superseded

Discus and support Installer forder cleanup. Clean msp & msi patches marked as superseded in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone tried this script ? Presenting… StartComponentCleanup for MSI (including Office) | My Digital Life Forums It cleaned up about 6Gb of files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gvp9000, Jun 23, 2020.

1. gvp9000 Win User

Installer forder cleanup. Clean msp & msi patches marked as superseded

gvp9000, Jun 23, 2020

2. KB4038782 superseded by which patch ?

Im trying to install the patch KB4038782 on my worksapce (windows 10 ) .. but i get an error " update not availble for this computer " , i guess its superseded by new patch .. can i get some info on this

Balavignesh.s, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Windows Installer Folder MSI and MSP files

I have about 410 GB of MSP and MSI Files. Patch Cleaner said it did something to delete files, but the numbers did not change. Disk Cleaner and CCleaner have done nothing. Really 420 GB of "Other Files" according to CCleaner. That's 95% of my storage.
    Yes, I have a 440 GB Digital Hard Drive.

WilliamSimonson, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Add "Run as administrator" to MSP files

Just curious, since the .msp files are patches [versus .msi which are installer files] wouldn't it be just as easy to right-click one and choose Apply to get it installed?

Berton, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Installer forder cleanup. Clean msp & msi patches marked as superseded - Similar Threads - Installer forder cleanup

2. how to update superseded patch using mecm

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to update superseded patch using mecm: how to update superseded patch using mecm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-superseded-patch-using-mecm/17867b51-0c5b-4e70-be88-79c1a40c2752
  3. Text document called "msi" and "msp" randomly appearing in Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text document called "msi" and "msp" randomly appearing in Downloads: So I was checking my downloads folder and saw two random text documents, called "msi" and "msp", even though I have not downloaded them. Should I be concerned? I could not find anything online about them....
  4. Text document called "msi" and "msp" randomly appearing in Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text document called "msi" and "msp" randomly appearing in Downloads: So I was checking my downloads folder and saw two random text documents, called "msi" and "msp", even though I have not downloaded them. Should I be concerned? I could not find anything online about them....
  5. Can we have a complete list of patches released precede and supersedes for DCOM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we have a complete list of patches released precede and supersedes for DCOM.: GuysI am working on OT systems to get the DCOM patch identified which may cause disruption in plant operation as many applications may not work properly after the MS patch release which is required to overcome the issue with CVE-2021-26414. It has become quite difficult for...
  6. KB4512517 and Patches that Supersede - Is there a Master List? Looking to further my...

KB4512517 and Patches that Supersede - Is there a Master List? Looking to further my...: Good Afternoon - I'm working on some Windows 10 v1607 computers for work - there is a "Cyber Security" mandate that KB4512517 be downloaded and installed for MS17-010. When I go to the download page from the KB page I only get a page saying there are no results for that KB:So...
  7. How to clean up unused .MSI and .MSP Files from Windows Installer folder

in Windows 10 News
    How to clean up unused .MSI and .MSP Files from Windows Installer folder: [ATTACH]When applications are installed and updated on the Windows 10 Operating System a hidden directory designated as C:\Windows\Installer is used to store the Microsoft Installer […] This article How to clean up unused .MSI and .MSP Files from Windows Installer folder...
  8. What are Windows Installer Patch (.MSP) files? Can you remove them?

in Windows 10 News
    What are Windows Installer Patch (.MSP) files? Can you remove them?: [ATTACH]The Windows Installer Patch (.MSP) files on Windows 10 are located under the C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$ root directory. In this post, we will attempt to explain what […] This article What are Windows Installer Patch (.MSP) files? Can you remove them? first...
  9. Installer folder cleanup. Clean msp & msi patches marked as superseded

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Installer folder cleanup. Clean msp & msi patches marked as superseded: Has anyone tried this script ? Presenting… StartComponentCleanup for MSI (including Office) | My Digital Life Forums It cleaned up about 6Gb of files in my windows\installer directory most of them was old Office 2016 patches. Is there a downside of cleaning up old and...
  10. Install MSI and MSP at once with PATCH MSI Property

Install MSI and MSP at once with PATCH MSI Property: Hi, till today I thought, that it is possible to apply an upgrade and an update to a program at the same time using: msiexec.exe /i "c:\x\x.msi" PATCH="C:\x\x1.msp;C:\x\x2.msp" Today I got problems when running the program because some files and registrations where not...