Windows 10: Installing 10 with low mem

Discus and support Installing 10 with low mem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, This may sound like a stupid question based on the min spec, but I'm trying to install 10 on a oldish desktop. As far as I can tell, everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matt316, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Matt316 Win User

Installing 10 with low mem

Hi,

This may sound like a stupid question based on the min spec, but I'm trying to install 10 on a oldish desktop. As far as I can tell, everything is above min except for the memory, which is only 768MB. (Nearly put 768 'kB' ! Shows how old I am.) During runup of the installation disk, it gets so far and then the computer restarts. ('...so far...' is about two minutes into the rolling wheel.) Is this likely to be simply the low memory, or could it be something else? The reason I think it might not just be the memory is that I've tried installing various Linux distros that state a lower minimum memory spec, but, even on the trial run - running in memory - when running Firefox the CPU maxes out. Could there be a problem with the CPU or would this restarting just be a low mem issue? Also, loading up XP from Hirens Boot CD (actually USB drive) loads very slowly. I've checked the two memory modules using various tests.

Specs for the problem desktop:

Proc: Intel Celeron 2.60GHz
    Mem: 768MB
    Drives are currently disabled. (Actually removed.)
    Displ: Currently hooked up to a 1440 x 900 screen running directly off the mother board.

If necessary, for your info from PartedMagic on the Hirens CD, (means nothing to me):
    CPU Blowfish: 20.58
    CPU Cryptohash: 33.86
    CPU Fibonacci: 5.63
    CPU N-Queens: 10.70

Matt

:)

Matt316, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Installing 10 with low mem

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Installing 10 with low mem

1. Installing 10 with low mem - Similar Threads - Installing low mem

2. Low fps after fresh installed windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps after fresh installed windows 10: Runing 3090 gpu founders edition with 32 gb ram and i9 10900k cpu would like to have some tips or solutions for this problem did I windows 10 update and it ruined worse then last time game like gta 5, 30 fps and Saint Row new one up to 40 50 fps last time the Saint Row ruined...
  3. High Mem usage and framerate spikes recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Mem usage and framerate spikes recently: I built this PC in May, 2022. I know my way around the hardware aspects of pc's, But software has always been a struggle for me. I couldnt get access to the internet on it at first, Because it didnt have the drivers, But i needed TO access the internet to download the...
  4. Low res installers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low res installers: All installers are super low res . And orange app is also super low res . My monitor is a 1080 p one submitted by /u/Gooierwheat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9t12g/low_res_installers/
  5. Memory management BSOD when mem card installed,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory management BSOD when mem card installed,: Problem with Memory Management BSOD when i put in a 200 gig memory card. I heve not used this computer for a while but it worked fine with this exact card before. Plenty of free space on both the surface and the memory card. Any tips please. Thank you....
  6. Virtual Mem Page File Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Mem Page File Partition: Hi I have been given an Acer Laptop and I intend to do a fresh install of Windows 10. There is currently a partition named "E:\ Virtual Mem/page file leave empty" with a size of 20Gb. I don't understand why, if at all, it is needed and I have not seen this on other computers....
  7. FFS How do I turn off this low memory warning or tune Win 10 mem mgmt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FFS How do I turn off this low memory warning or tune Win 10 mem mgmt?: Here I am, at the end of one of my greatest game battles, ready to change screens and collect accolades in LoL when I get a popup from Windows saying it wants to close the game due to low memory conditions, OK or CANCEL? OMFG CANCEL! But Nooooooooooooooo, it closes the game...
  8. Restart app error--...mem could not be written...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart app error--...mem could not be written...: I'm sure I can resolve the particular error with the fellow that writes and supports gSyncit. With him being a one man shop, I don't want to bother him with anything more than the solution. But I'd really like to know 'why' this sort of thing occurs. I've received a similar...
  9. Mem Management BSOD during verifying unreal engine install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mem Management BSOD during verifying unreal engine install: Hello I get a Memory management BSOD while the Epic Games Launcher is verifying an Unreal engine install. I have been getting this for a while now but it normally occurs randomly (Browsing the internet, Watching Videos and installing applications). Was previously on Windows...
  10. windows 10 high mem usage ( poolman screenshot inc )

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 high mem usage ( poolman screenshot inc ): ​hello good people , My name is So iv upgraded from my good ol 8.1 to 10 a while ago , while its a pleasing os , its high memory usage issues annoy me allot . Yes i have researched before coming here , i reinstalled my all mobo drivers inc lan , audio etc etc , re did...