Windows 10: Installing 2 scanners

Discus and support Installing 2 scanners in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop with Windows 10. I have an Epson printer, scanner, copier installed as one of my devices. I also have a Canon/lide stand alone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cocobea, May 24, 2020.

1. cocobea Win User

Installing 2 scanners

I have a laptop with Windows 10. I have an Epson printer, scanner, copier installed as one of my devices. I also have a Canon/lide stand alone scanner that I used with my older laptop.

My question is " Am I able to have both these scanning devices installed and functional with my Windows 10

laptop?

Is there something special I need to do so that my laptop recognizes both of them and then I can choose which one I want to use?

Thank you

:)

cocobea, May 24, 2020

2. Problem with installing scanner

Hi Saro,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing with the issue. We are glad to help you.

Please try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “troubleshoot scanner” under Devices option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:

Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the scanner drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, May 24, 2020
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, May 24, 2020
  4. Installing 2 scanners

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Installing 2 scanners

1. Installing 2 scanners - Similar Threads - Installing scanners

2. Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner: I am trying to re-install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner. I located the V550 driver in Epson website, but when I try to install, I get a popup from MSoft telling me I must get driver from MS Store! When I try to install MS recommended Scanner from Store, it will not...
  3. Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner: I am trying to re-install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner. I located the V550 driver in Epson website, but when I try to install, I get a popup from MSoft telling me I must get driver from MS Store! When I try to install MS recommended Scanner from Store, it will not...
  4. Automatic File Downloads - DB Install Scanner - What is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic File Downloads - DB Install Scanner - What is this?: Today, this message continues to pop up at the bottom right of my computer screen. I'm using Windows 11 Pro. I suspect this is downloading from my OneDrive - and that should be fine. But, what is "DB install scanner?" And, how can I get more information on what exactly is...
  5. Automatic File Downloads - DB Install Scanner - What is this?

Automatic File Downloads - DB Install Scanner - What is this?: Today, this message continues to pop up at the bottom right of my computer screen. I'm using Windows 11 Pro. I suspect this is downloading from my OneDrive - and that should be fine. But, what is "DB install scanner?" And, how can I get more information on what exactly is...
  6. Canvasbio fingerprint scanner not working, update won't install it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canvasbio fingerprint scanner not working, update won't install it back: I have a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha. I saw the same topic on here by someone else. The reply said to uninstall the biometric driver from device manager, then run windows update and the update will find it and reinstall the driver. That didn't work. Samsung update didn't...
  7. Canvasbio fingerprint scanner not working, update won't install it back

Canvasbio fingerprint scanner not working, update won't install it back: I have a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha. I saw the same topic on here by someone else. The reply said to uninstall the biometric driver from device manager, then run windows update and the update will find it and reinstall the driver. That didn't work. Samsung update didn't...
  8. Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...: After a recent reset of my two-year-old Dell Inspiron 15 5515 updated to Windows 11 Home, where I cleaned the drive to start fresh no backups, Windows Hello Fingerprint no longer works, where after the initial touch, I get the error message: I've tried searching on Google for...
  9. Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...: After a recent reset of my two-year-old Dell Inspiron 15 5515 updated to Windows 11 Home, where I cleaned the drive to start fresh no backups, Windows Hello Fingerprint no longer works, where after the initial touch, I get the error message: I've tried searching on Google for...
  10. Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...