Windows 10: Installing 2 windows 10 on 1 laptop.

Discus and support Installing 2 windows 10 on 1 laptop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased a laptop with windows 10 home preinstalled, and have been using it since a year. Recently I purchased a new windows 10 enterprise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by omkaragrawal, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Installing 2 windows 10 on 1 laptop.

I have purchased a laptop with windows 10 home preinstalled, and have been using it since a year. Recently I purchased a new windows 10 enterprise license and received a new product key for it. So the question is if I uninstall my current win 10 home, and install enterprise. But later, if I decide to switch back to home version, will it be possible?

Reasons to ask:

1 Most probably the windows I have is an OEM version.

2 I do not have current product key, again since OEM version.

3 Since the product keys are synced to account and the hardware, will it be possible to switch back to home? since most probably I would be using the upgrade option in control panel.

4 Mostly enterprise would be my last attempt to stick with windows, so possibly I can switch to kali if enterprise doesn't workout well. So will both of my windows key be gone forever?

5 I have a use case for this laptop where the person using laptop would be changing, so I need to switch between both the versions as and when required. After activating enterprise version and syncing it on my account on this laptop will it be possible?

Points to be noted:

1 The email id used is specifically for this laptop only and will be constant in all the versions.

2 I don't really need to take a backup as data stored on this will be synced online.

3 Owning and cautiously keeping 2 thumb drives of backup is more hectic than required.

:)

omkaragrawal, Jun 15, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 15, 2020
  3. jfkjax Win User
    Win10 laptop w/laptop display (no others) labeled 2, can't change to 1

alphanumeric and Helmut, Thank you for your replies.

1. The drivers were installed when Windows 10 was installed. There was nothing on the laptop prior to installing Windows 10.
    2. I don't have another display to try attaching as suggested.
    3. Not sure if it's always been like this or not. I just started looking at the configuration settings a week or so ago.
    4. To check hardware status, I've run a bunch of Lenovo tests and update checks. Nothing found.
    5. I did the Device Manager suggestion. 2 PnP monitors listed ... clicked "Show Hidden devices" ... found 2 more PnP monitors for a total of 4 ... uninstalled all 4 ... restarted ... same situation. Results: Device Manager now only lists 2 PnP monitors total (no hidden monitors) even though the only monitor is the laptop built-in monitor, but no change on the designation of laptop monitor being number "2" monitor.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Not sure why it is like this. Might be something like Win10 compatibility, old hardware, or similar.

I've taken enough of your time on this. I can live with it as it is. Might decide to upgrade to a new and current laptop, or just proceed as is. Anyway, your responses are greatly appreciated!

jfkjax, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Installing 2 windows 10 on 1 laptop.

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Installing 2 windows 10 on 1 laptop.

1. Installing 2 windows 10 on 1 laptop. - Similar Threads - Installing laptop

2. Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent: Windows 11 was installed without my permission yesterday when I tried to switch back to Windows 10 the button was greyed out and said theat windows 11 was installed more than 10 days ago. How do I get windows 10 back?...
  3. Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent: Windows 11 was installed without my permission yesterday when I tried to switch back to Windows 10 the button was greyed out and said theat windows 11 was installed more than 10 days ago. How do I get windows 10 back?...
  4. I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after...: I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after installing windows, it's not working anymore. How should i solve it?...
  5. I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after...

I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after...: I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after installing windows, it's not working anymore. How should i solve it?...
  6. I installed windows 10 on my laptop. Before my keyboard was working fine but right after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.: We wanted to update our Xiaomi laptop running win10. But there was no option in the update sector. We found an win11 install app. I think it was officiall. We let it run and on halfway we connected the charger. But then it started up in Winre mode and won't boot up normally!...
  8. Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.

Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.: We wanted to update our Xiaomi laptop running win10. But there was no option in the update sector. We found an win11 install app. I think it was officiall. We let it run and on halfway we connected the charger. But then it started up in Winre mode and won't boot up normally!...
  9. Is it possible to install Windows 8 onto a newer laptop to run software that requires this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to install Windows 8 onto a newer laptop to run software that requires this...: I need to run old software for some equipment that only seems compatible with Windows 8. Given this, I need have a laptop with Windows 11 that I would like to install Windows 8.1 onto - is this possible?...
  10. Is it possible to install Windows 8 onto a newer laptop to run software that requires this...

Is it possible to install Windows 8 onto a newer laptop to run software that requires this...: I need to run old software for some equipment that only seems compatible with Windows 8. Given this, I need have a laptop with Windows 11 that I would like to install Windows 8.1 onto - is this possible?...