Windows 10: Installing 64-bit apps after getting out of Windows 10 Home S Mode

Discus and support Installing 64-bit apps after getting out of Windows 10 Home S Mode in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a PC laptop which I now unfortunately found out is running Windows 10 Home in S mode. Supposedly it is easy to get out of S mode. My question:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by munnip, Jan 31, 2020.

1. munnip Win User

Installing 64-bit apps after getting out of Windows 10 Home S Mode

I bought a PC laptop which I now unfortunately found out is running Windows 10 Home in S mode. Supposedly it is easy to get out of S mode. My question: once I disable S Mode, will my computer be running 64-bit Windows 10 Home and will I be able to install 64-bit apps? I need to install Adobe FrameMaker 2019 64-bit on this laptop.

Thanks,

:)

munnip, Jan 31, 2020
  2. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Jan 31, 2020
  3. st2000 Win User
    Dying light install problems.

• MINIMUM:
      • OS: Windows® 7 64-bit / Windows® 8 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit
    Site Error

st2000, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Installing 64-bit apps after getting out of Windows 10 Home S Mode

Re-install Windows 10 64-bit

Yes, you can go back to 64 bit Windows 10 without purchasing.

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Installing 64-bit apps after getting out of Windows 10 Home S Mode

1. Installing 64-bit apps after getting out of Windows 10 Home S Mode - Similar Threads - Installing bit apps

2. Windows 10 home 64 bits

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home 64 bits: My new computer has Windows 10 home 64 bit and version OS Build 18363.1500. Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10. I am using my home computer. How can I get the latest version of Windows 10, where can I get the latest version and what is the name...
  3. How to get out of S mode in W10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get out of S mode in W10 Home: While personalizing EDGE browser, I was switched back from normal W10 Home to Home S mode. (no clue how it happened) Now I cannot switch out. Microsoft team support unable to help. 170578
  4. Key for installing Windows 10 Home 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Key for installing Windows 10 Home 64-bit?: I am trying to create a dual-boot system with my iMac. I need Windows in order to be employed part-time (for peanuts) because it is remote work and their platform requires Windows. I am not sure if I will even get the job. I am not sure I will like it if I get it. Is there a...
  5. WIN 10 Home 64 Bit - but 32 bit apps?

WIN 10 Home 64 Bit - but 32 bit apps?: I am a MAC OS X Catalina User as a second machine for Office apps - i have a win 10 Home 64-bit system. My question : looking in the tasmgr - i see many 32-bit apps - Microsoft word , avira etc. can i change a setting - that only the 64 bit version is installed? Best...
  6. Windows s taken out of S mode but says 64 bit in setings and 64 bit processor, but only...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows s taken out of S mode but says 64 bit in setings and 64 bit processor, but only...: I have lenovo yoga C630 and it was installed with Windows S mode which was taken out of S mode, and it says 64 bit in settings and 64 bit processor, but only 32bit programs will run. Get an error message and this laptop failed at 2s test that two different jobs ran on my...
  7. Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit: Error from VirtualBox: 32-bit Windows hosts are not supported by this VirtualBox release Same problem attempting to install VPN, Pulse Secure....
  8. Install 32 bit Windows 10 Home on 64 bit system

Install 32 bit Windows 10 Home on 64 bit system: Hi - I have several HVAC training videos that will only run on a 32 bit operating system. When I try to install them on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit it gives me an error message telling me that the program can't run on this PC. I have tried running them via Compatibility Moderun...
  9. When I switch from Windows Home S Mode, will windows home be 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I switch from Windows Home S Mode, will windows home be 64 bit?: When I switch from Windows Home S Mode, will windows home be 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switch-from-windows-home-s-mode-will/7503d64c-2c19-481b-807c-e8c27cf517ba
  10. Windows 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home 64 bit: Ok one of my desktop that i bought came with windows 10 home 64 bit installed on it if i want to put the same windows on my macbook pro i would need a iso file and would i need a new product key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home in s mode 64-bit