Windows 10: Installing a Custom Keyboard Layout

Discus and support Installing a Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upon purchasing my laptop, I installed a custom keyboard layout creator, as I prefer the Colemak keyboard layout which Windows does not automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elias Campbell, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Installing a Custom Keyboard Layout

Upon purchasing my laptop, I installed a custom keyboard layout creator, as I prefer the Colemak keyboard layout which Windows does not automatically provide. Once the layout was created and upon launching the setup for said layout, I am presented with a pop-up that reads "This app cannot run on your PC. To find a different version for your PC, check with the software publisher".I am not sure whether to contact HP support or Microsoft support for this issue, but I am starting here as it is pop-up from the Windows 10 system.My laptop an HP product specifications areInstalling a Custom Keyboard Layout :Device name LAPTOP-[av

:)

Elias Campbell, Aug 6, 2021
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. Custom keyboard layout uninstall/duplicating problem

Hi JeffE_916,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts you have taken in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

In Windows, you can configure your keyboard to use a different keyboard layout or input method to type in another language. The language of your keyboard layout controls the characters that appear on your screen when you type. By using the different
    layouts, you can type all the characters for the language, including diacritics such as the umlaut (ä) in German and the tilde (ñ) in Spanish.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Which version of Windows is installed on the PC? ‘Find Operating System info’
    2. How was the keyboard layout installed on the computer?
    3. Did you use the Microsoft Keyboard layout creator?

Reply with additional information to help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 6, 2021
  4. dabour Win User

Installing a Custom Keyboard Layout

Keyboard Layout

That is correct, and I need to learn how to do this now.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using US QWERTY because this is my Windows language.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I'm looking for:

US English Table for IBM Arabic 238_L - Keyboard Layout Info (kbdlayout.info)

I do not know how to install this, any advise will be appreciated.

dabour, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

Installing a Custom Keyboard Layout

1. Installing a Custom Keyboard Layout - Similar Threads - Installing Custom Keyboard

2. Custom keyboard layout problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layout problem: Hello,I'm italian and just switched to an American keyboard, I need the accented vowels so i made a new keyboard layout with MS Keyobaord Layout Creator 1.4, adding the AltGr ctrl+alt +<vowel> shortcuts for lowercase and shift+ctrl+alt+<vowel> for uppercase.Installed it on...
  3. Custom keyboard layout problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout problem: Hello,I'm italian and just switched to an American keyboard, I need the accented vowels so i made a new keyboard layout with MS Keyobaord Layout Creator 1.4, adding the AltGr ctrl+alt +<vowel> shortcuts for lowercase and shift+ctrl+alt+<vowel> for uppercase.Installed it on...
  4. Custom keyboard layout no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layout no longer working: I have a custom keyboard layout that I created through Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator for typing in the Esperanto language, using Alt Gr + Ctrl to access some characters.This was working until recently, but the Alt Gr + Ctrl no longer functions. I have tested the buttons...
  5. Custom keyboard layout no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout no longer working: I have a custom keyboard layout that I created through Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator for typing in the Esperanto language, using Alt Gr + Ctrl to access some characters.This was working until recently, but the Alt Gr + Ctrl no longer functions. I have tested the buttons...
  6. Custom keyboard layout, Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout, Win 11: I absolutely need to use a costum keyboard layout for work, and now I see MSKLC won't even install supposedly because my .NET Framwork is too new. I do have my old .klc file, but it won't open. What do I do?...
  7. Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11: A wonderful day everyone,Previously I have used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create custom keyboard layouts, however not only is Windows 11 not listed as a supported operating system, but I cannot use the installed keyboards as they get shrugged off as...
  8. Incorrect layout for Custom keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect layout for Custom keyboard: There is a custom keyboard we want to install on Windows 10. It was created using MSKLC 1.4. I have attached below an image of the Custom keyboard, as I can see on MSKLC. It is not very clear but everything is placed correctly. It shows me the correct output when I test it on...
  9. Custom keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom keyboard layout?: Does anyone know of an easy way to make a custom keyboard layout for windows 10? When searching, I've seen that Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 has limited compatibility with Windows 10, but it's no longer available for download as far as I've seen. Any good...
  10. How to add a custom keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to add a custom keyboard layout?: I am using a surface pro. The special keyboard for Surface pro just has a Left Ctrl. I do want to change the [Menu]Button which is in the right of Right Alt into Right Ctrl. However, I don't know what is the scancode of the Menu Button....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Software publisher for my HP PC app