Windows 10: Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive

Discus and support Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I formatted my old laptop, installed a fresh copy of windows 10 Pro and activated it using my organization's activation service, instead of using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ashim Kumar, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive

I formatted my old laptop, installed a fresh copy of windows 10 Pro and activated it using my organization's activation service, instead of using the OEM key. Now I have a new hard drive and I want to install another copy of windows10 and activate it using my OEM key. Can I do that? If yes, can I install any edition of windows 10 with my original OEM key? at the time of purchase my laptop had windows10 CoreSingleLanguage preinstalled

:)

Ashim Kumar, Mar 24, 2022
  2. MIEKGALL Win User

Windows10 clean install on OEM

Hi Andre Da Costa, that is by far the best answer so far Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive :)

however, it still does not answer the question, brand new never installed out of box OEM system with the ability to install the OEM software that I know will activate.

I want to know if the windows 10 download from Microsoft will activate via the BIOS key.

here is the theory:

• Windows10 OEM systems come with a BIOS locked key, this theoretically will activate
    • any previously installed and Activated Windows 10 will automatically Activate from a Fresh install on the same hardware. this has been tested and is 100% accurate!
    • I can install a Fresh Windows 10 on an OEM system, however the OEM EULA does not apply and the OEM does not have to support the software therefore are not obligated to assist with activation
    • as this is an OEM system Microsoft are not obligated to assist with activation.
    • once a system boots and fails activation, it will no longer activate, theory being if neither the OEM nor Microsoft are obligated to activate the product you now have a non usable product
      as far as Windows goes.
    step 5 is the reason I am not willing to actually just try it, both Lenovo and HP "support" waffle and advise to install the OEM, I just want to avoid the OEM install step prior to doing the Fresh Windows 10 install.

MIEKGALL, Mar 24, 2022
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive :)

dhdude, Mar 24, 2022
  4. Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive

Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive

1. Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive - Similar Threads - Installing fresh copy

2. Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive: I formatted my old laptop, installed a fresh copy of windows 10 Pro and activated it using my organization's activation service, instead of using the OEM key. Now I have a new hard drive and I want to install another copy of windows10 and activate it using my OEM key. Can I...
  3. Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing a fresh copy of windows10 any edition with my OEM key on a new hard drive: I formatted my old laptop, installed a fresh copy of windows 10 Pro and activated it using my organization's activation service, instead of using the OEM key. Now I have a new hard drive and I want to install another copy of windows10 and activate it using my OEM key. Can I...
  4. Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Disconnecting a Hard Drive and then Installing a fresh Copy of Windows 10 on an SSD and...: Hello, I would like to know if I could Disconnect my Hard Drive which was my primary boot drive until I bought an SSD, and then Install a fresh copy of windows on the SSD with a bootable USB drive while the hard drive is disconnected and then when the windows is set up and...
  5. Windows10 Fails to Complete Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 Fails to Complete Install on New Hard Drive: Recently the HD on my Lenovo Thinkcenter Edge 71/1578 desktop died. I bought a replacement new hard drive and, following the directions on the MS site, created a USB with an installation of Windows10 1909. The installation beings just fine; I select Windows10 pro [which...
  6. Hard drive failed. Fresh install lost my product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive failed. Fresh install lost my product key: My SSD failed. So I'm Doing a fresh install on a new drive. I lost my product key though, Would I be able to get it from my windows account somehow? It was a custom build. Windows 10 key was NOT OEM, it was a normal key purchased with a USB stick. submitted by /u/Fizgriz...
  7. Easiest way to install a fresh copy on a new drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest way to install a fresh copy on a new drive?: So, my friend is selling me his old PC with a copy of Windows on it. It's obviously going to be a fresh install, however it's installed on an HDD. I've purchased an SSD to use as a boot drive, and I'll use the HDD for extra storage etc., you know the drill. I understand that...
  8. Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reuse my hard drive again to install new windows10: Hi, I have a hard drive with windows 10, this windows 10 already damaged and now I need to use my hard drive again in my laptop. Do I need to format my C drive in this hard drive? or just ignore the formatting and install windows 10 again? Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive): hi, i need help on windows 10 OEM installation. So i bought SSD and want to install it on my laptop. i have the Windows 10 Home single language OEM key installed. the question is how can i install windows on the SSD with oem key? do i need the Windwos 10 Home Single language...
  10. BSOD fresh install on new hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD fresh install on new hard drive: Hi, I have been getting the VERY FUN irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD after doing a fresh install on a brand new SSD. I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing the BSOD. Here are the files: DESKTOP-T065BLG-2018-12-17_131645_32.zip 123637