Windows 10: Installing a game I just purchased through Microsoft Store

Discus and support Installing a game I just purchased through Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I OWN this game, it says. I go to install it and a screen comes up, that I have NO device to install it on my Microsoft account.. NOW What?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SuzanneGraham2, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Installing a game I just purchased through Microsoft Store

I OWN this game, it says. I go to install it and a screen comes up, that I have NO device to install it on my Microsoft account.. NOW What?

:)

SuzanneGraham2, Dec 3, 2020

2. Purchased Game Won't Install

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to install Medical Center-Hidden Objects from Microsoft Store.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you able to install other apps & games from Microsoft Store?

However, we can try a few steps and check if that helps you to install the game. Before proceeding with the below steps, we would suggest you to sign out from Microsoft Store and after performing the steps sign in with the same
    Microsoft account used to purchase the game.

Step 1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Creating a New User account.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 3, 2020
  3. purchased game

Hi,

To install a game on you need to make sure that you sign in on your computer using the Microsoft account that you use to purchased the game. To install a game on Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Installing a game I just purchased through Microsoft Store

Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Installing a game I just purchased through Microsoft Store

1. Installing a game I just purchased through Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Installing game purchased

2. Why wont microsoft let me install a game I just purchased on the microsoft store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why wont microsoft let me install a game I just purchased on the microsoft store?: Hello, so I bought and paid for Virtual Families 3 but my microsoft store is coming back with an 'error' everytime I try to install the game. The money has come out of my bank account so im not sure what the issue is??Thank you...
  3. Why wont microsoft let me install a game I just purchased on the microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont microsoft let me install a game I just purchased on the microsoft store?: Hello, so I bought and paid for Virtual Families 3 but my microsoft store is coming back with an 'error' everytime I try to install the game. The money has come out of my bank account so im not sure what the issue is??Thank you...
  4. Why wont microsoft let me install a game I just purchased on the microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. In game purchase from Microsoft Store

In game purchase from Microsoft Store: I started playing Big Business Deluxe on my pc, from the Microsoft Store and made various purchases getting close to $200\£160. One of the purchases was quite expensive and generated 500,000 coins every 3 days to use in game. A week or so ago the game repeatedly wouldn't...
  6. I purchased Minecraft through the Microsoft store and it's not showing up as installable...

I purchased Minecraft through the Microsoft store and it's not showing up as installable...: I purchased Minecraft using PayPal about two months ago and it never showed up anywhere and isn't installable. I'm FURIOUS that Microsoft not only stole my money, but has NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT ANYWHERE to help figure this out. I made a claim on PayPal and they denied it, but...
  7. purchasing a game on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchasing a game on microsoft store: Hello This is my very first time I am trying to purchase something on Microsoft Store and I got lost in the process. from my child session, hewento to the store, selected the game he wished to buy and a pop up windows opened to tell him that an email was sent to me to get...
  8. Game purchased off of Microsoft store just stopped working.

Game purchased off of Microsoft store just stopped working.: Hey wonderful world of knowledgeable people. My father purchased Age of Empire off the Microsoft store about 4 months ago and he plays it daily. Today it stopped working and he doesn't know why. So here I am asking for him. Please if anyone can figure this out so he can play...
  9. installing games through the online microsoft store

installing games through the online microsoft store: so the new mw wont show up on the microsoft store ap so i looked ate the microsoft store online on google and they had it, so i bought it and i cant install it...
  10. Refund for the purchase made through Microsoft Store

Refund for the purchase made through Microsoft Store: So Basically, friends were telling me to get Minecraft, and I had no idea that there were TWO different kinds to get, one from the Windows/Microsoft store and one from the Mojang website. So Long story Short, I've ended buying the same product twice and would like to get a...