Windows 10: installing a new language keyboard

Discus and support installing a new language keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when i try to install a new language in this case japanese, it goes through smoothly but i cant install any language packs aside from 'display language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by crunchiest.grub, Dec 24, 2020.

1. installing a new language keyboard

when i try to install a new language in this case japanese, it goes through smoothly but i cant install any language packs aside from 'display language installed'. im trying to find a way to be able to type in japanese on my english keyboard but i cant install the typing pack for some reason, the window that is supposed to allow me to be able to intall it is replaced by this: installing a new language keyboard a2c31364-4c0f-414e-8259-d06d690dc4ed?upload=true.png

as you can see there isnt an option to install any extra packs..,

please help with this!

thank you very much

:)

crunchiest.grub, Dec 24, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu

Hi Jugan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The default keyboard shortcut to switch between system language is by pressing the
    Windows and Spacebar keys.

So, if you don't want the language menu to appear while playing the game, then I suggest you to change keyboard shortcut by following the below steps and change the keyboard shortcuts for changing the system language or keyboard language.

1. Go to Settings > Click on Devices > Click on
      Typing from the left pane.
    2. Scroll down and click on Advanced keyboard settings and click on
      Input language hot keys.
    3. In the Advanced Key Settings tab, you will find the key sequences for the input languages that you can change as your preference.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

installing a new language keyboard

Keyboard language mess up

Hi Julie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • When you say that your preferred keyboard language disappeared or was deleted, did you try reinstalling it?
    • If yes, were you able to reinstall it?
    • If No, what happens when you try to reinstall it or any other keyboard language?

Kindly provide some more details so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, make sure that Windows is up to date. I would suggest to create a new user account and see if you can add/remove the keyboard languages.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderators

Peer_Sam, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

installing a new language keyboard

1. installing a new language keyboard - Similar Threads - installing language keyboard

2. Can't install language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install language keyboard: Window 11I have try to install the chinese language keyboard but it take more than 3hours to load. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-keyboard/b51dc9de-8644-4010-9a15-a484d25f5f48
  3. Can't install language keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install language keyboard: Window 11I have try to install the chinese language keyboard but it take more than 3hours to load. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-keyboard/b51dc9de-8644-4010-9a15-a484d25f5f48
  4. Keyboard language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard language: Hello, so my pc just automatically adds English (USA) for my keyboard, and i am wondering if you can stop it from doing this. submitted by /u/BossManOnePro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltj180/keyboard_language/
  5. A new, challenging, Keyboard vs Language question! :

in Windows 10 Customization
    A new, challenging, Keyboard vs Language question! :: Hello everyone, So I found this helpful thread: Windows 10 - German Keyboard/English Language - Microsoft Community Never mind the pity that threads get locked after some time zero need for spam control, my sites are proof, because my own situation is even more...
  6. Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed.

Multiple keyboards, but 1 language installed.: When i press ctrl+shift or windows+space I can swap between multiple keyboards. But I've only got 1 langauge installed English, any idea how to remove the extra keyboard? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Language on keyboard

Language on keyboard: My language settings for my keyboard are giving me french letter accents I have it set to English Canadian then I accidentally added Canadian Multilingual Standard I have tried to remove it but in settings but when I click remove nothing happens I have reset the keyboard with...
  8. DEFAULT Keyboard with several languages installed

DEFAULT Keyboard with several languages installed: I have installed several languages. I usually use ENGLSH, but when I turn on the computer it comes up with FRENCH as the default input language, and I have to change it even to sign in. How do I change the DEFAULT keyboard to English? (When I ask the automated assistant I...
  9. Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu

Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu: Hello, So I've upgraded to the 1903 win 10 version and I've had an encounter with one of the new features - the menu that lets you switch between keyboard languages when you hold Alt + LShift. The main problem is that this menu pops up in games and it is really annoying....
  10. Keyboard languages

Keyboard languages: Hi guys ! I have mistakenly added Portuguese language for my keyboard, when in fact it should be Portuguese (ABNT2). It happens that I cannot DEKETE the mistaken one already added. How can I do that ?...