Windows 10: installing a new laptop

Discus and support installing a new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; if I buy a new laptop which hypothetically could have been manufactured say 12 months before its sale, will it need updating with many months of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ColinBeardmore, Jan 30, 2020.

1. installing a new laptop

if I buy a new laptop which hypothetically could have been manufactured say 12 months before its sale, will it need updating with many months of updates before it can be used . I have seen reviews from people who have purchased a new laptop and have had to spend many hours bringing the machine up to the latest update before it becomes fit for use and this is far from an isolated case.

:)

ColinBeardmore, Jan 30, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 30, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 30, 2020
  4. installing a new laptop

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

installing a new laptop

1. installing a new laptop - Similar Threads - installing laptop

2. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  3. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  4. why cant i install pokemon tcg live on a year old laptop with windows 11 in S mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i install pokemon tcg live on a year old laptop with windows 11 in S mode?: My laptop was brand new last year and has the most up to date version of Windows. it is running in safe mode. I can download the file for pokemon tcg live installer but when i go to install it, it just says the app im trying to install isnt a microsoft verified app. This app...
  5. why cant i install pokemon tcg live on a year old laptop with windows 11 in S mode?

why cant i install pokemon tcg live on a year old laptop with windows 11 in S mode?: My laptop was brand new last year and has the most up to date version of Windows. it is running in safe mode. I can download the file for pokemon tcg live installer but when i go to install it, it just says the app im trying to install isnt a microsoft verified app. This app...
  6. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...
  7. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

"MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...
  8. Laptop crashes when installing drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when installing drivers: My laptop crashes blue screen when installing latest gpu drivers gtx 1650 from nvidia website. It also crashes blue screen after updating to windows 11 a minute or two after boot so I have to revert it back to windows 10. Sometimes when gaming games like overwatch 2 and apex...
  9. Laptop crashes when installing drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when installing drivers: My laptop crashes blue screen when installing latest gpu drivers gtx 1650 from nvidia website. It also crashes blue screen after updating to windows 11 a minute or two after boot so I have to revert it back to windows 10. Sometimes when gaming games like overwatch 2 and apex...
  10. Laptop crashes when installing drivers