Windows 10: Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

Discus and support Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by droidus, Aug 14, 2021.

1. droidus Win User

Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909.

:)

droidus, Aug 14, 2021

2. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

Just tried it. Still the same.

Uninstalled Ubuntu 16,

Turned off the WSL feature,

Restarted comptuer

Turned on the WSL feature

Tried installing Ubuntu 18.

vikneshdbz, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

I am currently running 16.04 version of Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 Pro (v1803) using WSL. But, I couldn't install the newly released 18.04 Ubuntu on my machine from the Windows Store. The store just refreshes on pressing the Get button. I tried resetting
    the store app, but it didn't help.

vikneshdbz, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

Cannot install WSL distributions though microsoft store, only ubuntu

I have been trying to install Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian through the windows store, the only button available is "Get", but pressing it does nothing.

I have enabled/disabled WSL a few times and rebooted.

I previous had WSL preview, and then ubuntu 16.04 installed via the app store. Both are completely removed.

TrickyDickyB, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

1. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20 - Similar Threads - Installing Package WSL

2. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  3. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  4. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu Appx package installation Error: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu-2204-220620_x64.Appx downloaded from MS store ,and facing error as shown in attached image. Please advise fix.Windows Version on my computer Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 22H2 Installed on ‎03/‎12/‎2023 OS build 19045.2965 steps...
  5. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

Ubuntu Appx package installation Error: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu-2204-220620_x64.Appx downloaded from MS store ,and facing error as shown in attached image. Please advise fix.Windows Version on my computer Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 22H2 Installed on ‎03/‎12/‎2023 OS build 19045.2965 steps...
  6. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  7. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  8. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850
  10. WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI

WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI: Hi, We're looking to install WSL and Ubuntu on our VDIs and I'm running into issues. I was wanting to check if anyone has successfully got this working? Our environment:AppLayering with PVS.The layers have internet access but the VDIs don't.FSLogix is used for profile...