Windows 10: Installing a proprietary app on Windows 10 and get a dfsvc error

Discus and support Installing a proprietary app on Windows 10 and get a dfsvc error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Our company purchased two brand new Dell laptops. We have a proprietary app that we have been using for several years on previous versions of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanCook3, Apr 7, 2021.

1. IanCook3 Win User

Installing a proprietary app on Windows 10 and get a dfsvc error

Our company purchased two brand new Dell laptops. We have a proprietary app that we have been using for several years on previous versions of Windows 10 with no issues. When trying to install it on these new laptops, both of them give this error:

Windows Security

dfsvc

No certificate available

No Certificates meet the application criteria.

Click OK to continue

I'm aware that this dfsvc is part of .net framework and is used for Oneclick installs.

However, this application is critical to the business and needs installed. Is there a recommended method for bypassing this error?

Installing a proprietary app on Windows 10 and get a dfsvc error eebb51c0-0fbd-48c0-a25d-2b8fd2b6821c?upload=true.png

:)

IanCook3, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Installing a proprietary app on Windows 10 and get a dfsvc error [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Installing a proprietary app on Windows 10 and get a dfsvc error

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Installing a proprietary app on Windows 10 and get a dfsvc error

1. Installing a proprietary app on Windows 10 and get a dfsvc error - Similar Threads - Installing proprietary app

2. getting Windows App Installer error 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    getting Windows App Installer error 0x80070490: tried installing a program but keep getting this error code and i don't know what to do. I only find articles concerning this code in context of windows update problems, but I don't have that problem. my windows updates worked just fine, just this program not....
  3. getting Windows App Installer error 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting Windows App Installer error 0x80070490: tried installing a program but keep getting this error code and i don't know what to do. I only find articles concerning this code in context of windows update problems, but I don't have that problem. my windows updates worked just fine, just this program not....
  4. getting Windows App Installer error 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. getting error while installing the app name Ganache App ERROR- 0xc0020036

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    getting error while installing the app name Ganache App ERROR- 0xc0020036: App installation failed with error message: error 0xC0020036: windows.licensing failed to start ClipSvc. Try again and contact the package publisher if the problem persists. 0xc0020036...
  6. getting error while installing the app name Ganache App ERROR- 0xc0020036

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting error while installing the app name Ganache App ERROR- 0xc0020036: App installation failed with error message: error 0xC0020036: windows.licensing failed to start ClipSvc. Try again and contact the package publisher if the problem persists. 0xc0020036...
  7. getting error while installing the app name Ganache App ERROR- 0xc0020036

8. Unable to install drivers for proprietary device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to install drivers for proprietary device: I'm trying to install USB drivers for my android Xperia Z3 compact, however Device manager either reports "Driver was not installed" FASTBOOT or "The latest drivers are already installed" FLASH MODE. Already tried to remove the device but still no luck. What I do remember is...
  9. Windows Security DFSVC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Security DFSVC: Hello everyone. I am not very savvy when it comes to computers so I am requesting any help you can give me on this problem. Whenever I start my system I get the following items that come up [ATTACH] I spoke with Dell and there techs had me do a restore on 2 separate...
  10. Are there any NON-proprietary SSD caching apps for SSD besides intel?

Are there any NON-proprietary SSD caching apps for SSD besides intel?: well im looking for some non proprietary SSD caching apps for windows but all i come across is companies acting like babies and only giving there caching apps to there SSD customers. Im not really trying to pay ether because id like to hope that intel (the best caching app...