Windows 10: Installing a specific game to a specific drive

Discus and support Installing a specific game to a specific drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Short version: MS Store installs to and launches from C: HDD, I want it to do all that from my E: SSD. Longer version: I recently bought The Outer... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Wasnbo, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Wasnbo Win User

Installing a specific game to a specific drive

Short version: MS Store installs to and launches from C: HDD, I want it to do all that from my E: SSD.

Longer version: I recently bought The Outer Worlds on the MS Store. It automatically downloaded to my C: HDD, but I wanted it on my E: SSD. After attempting to move the folder in its entirety via Windows' "move app" function under the Apps and Features setting, the game still exists in C: and launches from that location.

Manually launching the app from the file location yields a "you can't do that, you probably don't have permission" message, although the security tab says I have "full control" and I am the supposed owner of the contents of the folder.

Attempting to change the "new apps will save to" setting yields a "0x80070005" error. Attempting to manually copy+paste the folder says I don't have permission even though, again, I'm the owner and have full control.

:)

Wasnbo, Nov 4, 2019

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Is there any way to set a specific folder to install Microsoft Store apps and games too, specifically games? I know you can change the drive, but I don't see a browse option to pick a folder. I install all my games/music/videos to my E: drive, but like to
    keep the drive organized. I figured Microsoft would install a master folder to this location and install everything in it but NOOOOOO... instead it installs a few folders and a bunch of random files right in the E: drive and installs a protected folder that
    is a pain to delete. I would be fine with a Microsoft Games folder or something but not this nonsense. Please tell me i'm just missing something.

[Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10]

sk8terdude76, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Nov 4, 2019
  4. qaws1593 Win User

Install Windows store games in specific folder.

Can anyone here tell me how to install big games like "Sea Of Thieves" in a specific folder on a specific drive. When i click install it lets me choose what drive i want to use but not in which folder i want it to be in. I want my folders and games and what
    not to be organised and simple, i know that microsoft isn't very big on the organizing and simplifying things part, but haven't they at least for once done something right?

If you're just gonna say no and then proceed to explain how i just choose a specific drive, then don't waste your time by answering this question, i already know this and it won't answer my question anyway and will only take your own time.

qaws1593, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Installing a specific game to a specific drive - Similar Threads - Installing specific game

2. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing w10 to specific folder or drive: I want to separate my games to my os. I want to put all my game at my sd drive and the files and windows 10 on the hdd. Is it possible to move the files or install office on specific place?Thanks in advance....
  3. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing w10 to specific folder or drive: I want to separate my games to my os. I want to put all my game at my sd drive and the files and windows 10 on the hdd. Is it possible to move the files or install office on specific place?Thanks in advance....
  4. Installing w10 to specific folder or drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD seemingly with specific games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD seemingly with specific games: Howdy, I've had some system stability and blue screen issues over the last year that have been driving me crazy. I've tried many things, and sometimes can go up to 20+ days without an issue. I seem to mostly have issues when playing Apex Legends and Hunt Showdown, both of...
  6. Cant install specific game on Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install specific game on Microsoft store?: Cant install No Mans Sky from game pass, just gets stuck at 111mb and stops downloading.. literally done everything from resetting the store app to resetting cache to running trouble shooters.....
  7. specific solitaire game

in Windows 10 Customization
    specific solitaire game: For years I've been playing a solitaire game spider and I am unable to find it anymore. My old "site" just "sits there." Specifically I am looking for: 1. Spider solitaire 2. Four suits 3. NO duplicate cards!!!! Can someone make a suggestion? I've had people respond to...
  8. Install Windows store games in specific folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Install Windows store games in specific folder.: Can anyone here tell me how to install big games like "Sea Of Thieves" in a specific folder on a specific drive. When i click install it lets me choose what drive i want to use but not in which folder i want it to be in. I want my folders and games and what not to be...
  9. specific game not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    specific game not working: I am trying to play "World of Tennis: Roaring 20's." But the game keeps having network issues, saying that I need an active Internet connection to play. I do have an active Internet. How else can I fix this problem?...
  10. Specific game unmounting HDDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Specific game unmounting HDDs: I'm unsure of the particular field this should be posted on, but here goes... I have several HDDs in my desktop, 2 of which are shown as removable (i think hotswapping thing) and this has been of no problem for a lot of use for quite some time, so it never bothered me....