Windows 10: Installing a wi-fi HP printer - Failed

Discus and support Installing a wi-fi HP printer - Failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was facing printing problems so I decided to remove the printer from my notebook and install it again. It is a wi-fi printer. I did it a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rsbon, Jul 13, 2020.

1. rsbon Win User

Installing a wi-fi HP printer - Failed

I was facing printing problems so I decided to remove the printer from my notebook and install it again.

It is a wi-fi printer. I did it a couple of times before and never had any problems. But this time when I ask to add the printer it requests my Microsoft account. I enter my login *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and my password, but every time I get this error message:

AADSTS50020: User account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services'

Please, help!

:)

rsbon, Jul 13, 2020

2. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Jul 13, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    HP Officejet 8720 scan function can't find printer after W10 upgrade

FWIW I have an 8720, connected via wi-fi, working perfectly in Win10. USB should be no different.
    I installed the HP software and followed the on-screen instructions. I didn't connect the Printer first, which potentially can cause problems or wrong drivers.

I would do what Calendon Ken suggests, with one additional step. After eveerything is uninstalled and before you start the new install, reboot (restart) the PC. Then do the new install.

fireberd, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

HP Printer asking for WPS PIN

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are asked for WPS PIN while setting up the printer. Let me help you with the details. However, we would like to know the version of Windows that you are using. To check type:
    winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
    Enter.

Ideally, you will get a prompt for WPS PIN if the Wi-Fi direct option is enabled on the printer. As you do not want to connect the printer using Wi-Fi, I would suggest you to disable the Wi-Fi direct option. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

• If your printer has a touchscreen, touch the
      Wi-Fi Direct
      icon to view the status. If the status is on, touch the
      Settings
      icon to turn it off.
    • If your printer has a 2-line LCD display, go to
      Network
      menu, select Wi-Fi Direct, and then select
      Wi-Fi Direct On/Off
      . Use the arrow buttons to turn it off.

Once you have done this, you will be able to setup the printer.

However, you can download the drivers for the printer from
    HP ENVY 5000 All-in-One Printer series
    and install them. Check the Recommended section to download and install the drivers.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    HP Printers - USB Printer Setup (Windows)
    to setup the printer using USB.

In case you wish to setup the printer wirelessly, you can refer the article on

An 'Enter WPS PIN' Message Displays During Printer Setup

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Installing a wi-fi HP printer - Failed - Similar Threads - Installing printer Failed

2. Wi-fi adapter randomly failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi adapter randomly failing: Hi,My device is an Acer Swift 1 running Windows 11 Home 21H2 with an Intel Wi-fi 6 AX200 160MHz Wi-fi adapter.About two to three weeks ago, the Wi-fi on my device started to randomly disappear from the options menu multiple times. When I checked the Device Manager, there were...
  3. Wi-fi adapter randomly failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi adapter randomly failing: Hi,My device is an Acer Swift 1 running Windows 11 Home 21H2 with an Intel Wi-fi 6 AX200 160MHz Wi-fi adapter.About two to three weeks ago, the Wi-fi on my device started to randomly disappear from the options menu multiple times. When I checked the Device Manager, there were...
  4. Wi-fi -printer/laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi -printer/laptop: How do I set up my printer/laptop on wif-fi please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-printerlaptop/a99a4021-c1dd-44cd-9394-6f0b22579112
  5. Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer

Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer: Wi-fi button blinking on HP Printer, I have tried all the usual fixes but nothing working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-button-blinking-on-hp-printer/e6a0e858-a258-4b88-9b1b-f61a5a809a39
  6. HP printer failed to install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer failed to install: printer driver failed to install because HP is not a member of the Administrators group. c\\Windows\System32\Driverstore\filerepository\hpwia_en7640.inf_c530c8df0\hpwia_en7640.inf...
  7. Wi-Fi missing in HP Notebook installed with Windows 10

Wi-Fi missing in HP Notebook installed with Windows 10: Hi, Wi-Fi missing in my HP NotebookLaptop after a Windows 10 update. Version 10.0.14393 installed in my laptop. I have tried installing latest wireless drivers and various other solutions with no such luck. Could you please resolve this issue asap? Regards, Gowtham...
  8. Wi-Fi on hp computer

Wi-Fi on hp computer: Hello my name is Kenadie Ewert and I am wondering if anyone has had issues connecting their HP computer to the internet, I have had this issue before but it was resolved with time and now it is acting up again to the point of having to use a personal hotspot on my phone. Can...
  9. Computer and Printer Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer and Printer Wi-Fi: I have connected a HP Officejet 4652 printer to my computer (windows 10). Printer worked fine until this week. Now printer indicates it is connected to wireless and wi-fi, but my computer says the printer is off-line. I can pull the printer up on the internet access and...
  10. Printer disconnects from Wi-Fi

Printer disconnects from Wi-Fi: Part of an older post 10 Sep 2018 , at the time we were happy that the PC issue was fixed. The printer was not the main issue. The wi-fi connected printer get disconnected from Wi-Fi for no apparent reason. Both of our pc's still have the wi-fi connection. The only way to...