Windows 10: Installing AeroGlass resulted in corrupt Windows installation

Discus and support Installing AeroGlass resulted in corrupt Windows installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. My brother installed AeroGlass on his Windows 10 Pro installation. Since his graphics card isn't that powerful, the system almost completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by _Bajiru_, Dec 29, 2020.

1. _Bajiru_ Win User

Installing AeroGlass resulted in corrupt Windows installation

Hello. My brother installed AeroGlass on his Windows 10 Pro installation. Since his graphics card isn't that powerful, the system almost completely locked up after installation - the pointer would only move in "stutters", as if his refresh rate was at 1Hz or lower and a short beep-like sound whenever the pointer moved.

Needless to say, he had to shut down his PC from the power button. He booted his system again, but it would always lock up at the "Welcome" screen, right after he put his password. We entered the recovery options, where we deleted AeroGlass's folder from the command prompt. After a reboot, he successfully logged in, but everything related to the Windows key e.g. the Run dialog, Win + R was not working, including the Start menu. The only programs he could launch was those pinned on the taskbar, and not all of those shortcuts work one returns a "explorer.exe - Class not registered" error.

Another thing that came up when we tried to create a new user just to see if his current one was corrupted is that the Settings app could not open the error stated that no app was found to open Settings. Probably his AppX settings are also corrupted, but I'm really not sure. Plus, we created a new user using "net user", but it would log out not even a second after trying to log in.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that DISM does not work at all. It returns this error: "Error: 2. An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\. For more information, review the log file."

Is there anything that we can do apart from reinstalling Windows? Any help is appreciated.

:)

_Bajiru_, Dec 29, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 29, 2020
  3. AMDCam Win User
    Windows Installer Corrupted

Hey, well a couple days ago I installed "Microsoft Update" over Windows Update, and WOW is that a great app, not only can it not update anything, but it corrupted my Windows Installer. Well since Windows XP knows better than me, I redownloaded Windows Installer 3.0 redistributable, and SWEET, Windows says "it's older than the current version, no update is necessary" and not only necessary but not possible to install. SOOOO should I reinstall SP2 or what? This is crazy. Thanks for the help

AMDCam, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Installing AeroGlass resulted in corrupt Windows installation

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Installing AeroGlass resulted in corrupt Windows installation

1. Installing AeroGlass resulted in corrupt Windows installation - Similar Threads - Installing AeroGlass resulted

2. Can't install - installer corrupt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install - installer corrupt?: Hi All,A copule of days ago I upgraded to from Windows 10 Pro, Windows 11 Pro OS Build 10.0.22631.3155 and I'm now having problems installing or reinstalling ANY software using msi or exe I haven't tried installing anything from original disks because they're old and the...
  3. Can't install - installer corrupt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install - installer corrupt?: Hi All,A copule of days ago I upgraded to from Windows 10 Pro, Windows 11 Pro OS Build 10.0.22631.3155 and I'm now having problems installing or reinstalling ANY software using msi or exe I haven't tried installing anything from original disks because they're old and the...
  4. Corrupted Installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Installation?: I build a new box with a Ryzen 9 7900x; Asus B650 and 64 GB of DRR5 . I had created a USB drive of Windows 10 pro before using it to boot my new build. It was a clean install. I've had nothing but issues that I have never seen before. I had so many I upgraded to Windows 11...
  5. Corrupted Installation?

Corrupted Installation?: I build a new box with a Ryzen 9 7900x; Asus B650 and 64 GB of DRR5 . I had created a USB drive of Windows 10 pro before using it to boot my new build. It was a clean install. I've had nothing but issues that I have never seen before. I had so many I upgraded to Windows 11...
  6. Corrupt/malware Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt/malware Windows installation: Ok gang here’s a tough one. Three weeks at this with a lot of nights up till 3 am updating drivers. Has been a very timely, tedious process and after 15+ fresh windows installations not exaggerating I face a the same issues. BSOD that correlate to corrupt files or files with...
  7. Corrupt/malware Windows installation

Corrupt/malware Windows installation: Ok gang here’s a tough one. Three weeks at this with a lot of nights up till 3 am updating drivers. Has been a very timely, tedious process and after 15+ fresh windows installations not exaggerating I face a the same issues. BSOD that correlate to corrupt files or files with...
  8. AeroGlass installation resulted in corrupt Windows installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AeroGlass installation resulted in corrupt Windows installation: Hello. My brother installed AeroGlass on his Windows 10 Pro installation. Since his graphics card isn't that powerful, the system almost completely locked up after installation - the pointer would only move in "stutters", as if his refresh rate was at 1Hz or lower and a short...
  9. Scroll and Title bars after install/UNinstall of AeroGlass.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll and Title bars after install/UNinstall of AeroGlass.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/8bitfoxxm2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kkimhg/scroll_and_title_bars_after_installuninstall_of/
  10. Windows Installer Corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Installer Corrupted: Báo l một lo i vật được tôn trọng gần như l bậc nhất ở trong rừng. Chúng thường có nhiều chủng loại khác nhau, với nhiều m u sắc, m u lông v cả kích cỡ khác nhau. Những chú báo thường đi theo đ n v rình mồi một cách bật chợt cũng như l không hề báo trước. Gặp những chú báo...