Windows 10: Installing amd drivers freezes my laptop

Discus and support Installing amd drivers freezes my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is hp Pavilion g6, i7-3632qm, 6 Gb RAM igpu is intel HD 4000 and dgpu is Radeon 7670m. After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, the laptop doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sunido, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Sunido Win User

Installing amd drivers freezes my laptop

My laptop is hp Pavilion g6, i7-3632qm, 6 Gb RAM igpu is intel HD 4000 and dgpu is Radeon 7670m.
    After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, the laptop doesn't detect the AMD GPU and freezes whenever at 54% when installing the drivers.
    I also did a clean reformat to windows 10 but still to no avail.
    Suggestion please

:)

Sunido, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 9, 2020
  3. switchable AMD graphic not working in windows 10 ..black screen and freeze during installation of amd driver

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

Just to clarify, what exactly do you mean by, "leshcat not working"?

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1 : Uninstall AMD driver

Try uninstalling the AMD driver through device manage and restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the latest driver upon restart.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Locate the AMD driver and uninstall it.

3. Restart the computer and check again.

Method 2: Compatibility mode

As you mentioned that there are no drivers for Windows 10, I suggest you to download the available Windows 7 driver from the manufacturer's website and install it in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 7 from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 9, 2020
  4. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Installing amd drivers freezes my laptop - Similar Threads - Installing amd drivers

2. AMD graphics freezes whole laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD graphics freezes whole laptop: Some time back my laptop started freezing randomly sometimes when i am loging-in sometimes when i log in, sometimes it lasts like a minute and then suddenly freezes, i can do nothing about it, no reaction until the hard shutdown with holding power button, i tried everything,...
  3. Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze: Windows 10 keep getting stuck for few seconds which is annoying .Best guess either windows 10 update or AMD Radeon R5 graphics driver.Issue started with Windows 10 update...
  4. Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze: Windows 10 keep getting stuck for few seconds which is annoying .Best guess either windows 10 update or AMD Radeon R5 graphics driver.Issue started with Windows 10 update...
  5. Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation: So, hello all.Windows 11 is proving to be nice from the time I installed it.Unfortunately, there's a problem with it that's started recently. Any time I try to install the AMD GPU drivers supported by the Radeon 530, something happens.If done in safe mode, when booting...
  7. AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation: So, hello all.Windows 11 is proving to be nice from the time I installed it.Unfortunately, there's a problem with it that's started recently. Any time I try to install the AMD GPU drivers supported by the Radeon 530, something happens.If done in safe mode, when booting...
  8. Mouse lagging, freezing with AMD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lagging, freezing with AMD driver: I updated my AMD based laptop to latest version of driver Adrenalin 2020 and mouse lagging or stutter appeared and i can't get rid of it. I read in some article that's i should disable HDCP but unfortunately there's no a such thing in my driver setting I tried to install...
  9. Windows 10 freeze (AMD drivers)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freeze (AMD drivers): Hello! First of all I apologize in advance for my English. So, few days ago my pc (a clevo notebook) suddenly got stuck during a gaming session (with a pretty light game) and the only thing that I could do was shut it down through the power button. After that, whenever I...
  10. Installing AMD Drivers....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing AMD Drivers....: edit: alwrite so Windows detected my GPU drivers properly, and the main reason I wanted to install AMD's drivers was for CCC so I can enable overscan. Did that by going to the the Apps folder, and the CCC2 folder, and the "core" folder inside to get CCC. It seems compadible...