Windows 10: Installing AMD drivers gives me the black screen of death

Discus and support Installing AMD drivers gives me the black screen of death in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been using my pc for around a year now with no issues. Yesterday I was editing a video on premiere pro and all of a sudden my pc cut to a navy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Liamknight5, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Installing AMD drivers gives me the black screen of death

I’ve been using my pc for around a year now with no issues. Yesterday I was editing a video on premiere pro and all of a sudden my pc cut to a navy blue screen where I couldn’t do anything. I continued to force shut down my pc and restart it back up again. I was able to boot into safe mode and delete the display driver. I was then able to use windows normally and when I tried to reinstall AMD display drivers my pc cuts to the navy blue screen again. I’ve found that if I leave my pc there my gpu will turn its fan on loudly for 2 seconds then stop. This happens around every 10 seconds. PLZ HELP!!

Specs: FX 6300 cpu R9 390 GPU

submitted by /u/Liamknight5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Liamknight5, Mar 31, 2021

2. Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen

I have installed Windows 10 and then my laptop tried to install AMD display drivers. But rebooting the laptop resulted in a black screen. I performed some troubleshooting steps like deleting Windows automatic updates and updating graphic card drivers.
    But I still get the black screen. I use Radeon r9 270 gpu, intel i5-4670k cpu. My system is
    Windows 10 64 bit.

Brooke Grant, Mar 31, 2021
  3. bro67 Win User
    Black Screen Of Death

The Black Screen of Death is caused by a Display driver issue.

bro67, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Installing AMD drivers gives me the black screen of death

When i try to install amd r7 m265 driver, it crashed and gives black screen.

Hi,

i have acer e1-572g under windows 10 x64

i want to install latest amd r7 m265 driver from amd website

but when i try to install it, it crush and give black screen

forcing me to fix up my pc

when i see the driver provided by windows update it's a 2015 driver ( old 15.xx )

whenever i want to install latest one 16.xx

best regards

Original Title: problem with updating amd r7 m265 driver

SidahmeD_SalvatorE, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Installing AMD drivers gives me the black screen of death

1. Installing AMD drivers gives me the black screen of death - Similar Threads - Installing AMD drivers

2. [Windows 11] Black screen installing optional amd driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 11] Black screen installing optional amd driver: Hi,I saw today an optional windows update, an update for amd driver. So i install it, but my screen is black, it past 5 minutes, i can see the red pc is working, and i can hear cpu vents, what should i do?...
  3. Windows gives me black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows gives me black screen: Im with windows 11 and when i try to focus in one app it goes black for a second and my laptop freezes, after that second it goes back but its very annoying since it happens with every app, even with windows modules as the search bar, i try to open chrome, black screen and...
  4. Windows gives me black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows gives me black screen: Im with windows 11 and when i try to focus in one app it goes black for a second and my laptop freezes, after that second it goes back but its very annoying since it happens with every app, even with windows modules as the search bar, i try to open chrome, black screen and...
  5. Black screen after AMD driver install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after AMD driver install.: I recently did a clean Windows install on my old machine. I literally installed only Battlefield 4, Eset and Chrome. I noticed that Windows update also automatically installed AMD Radeon Drivers. After a few days i started seeing some glitches while playing BF4. One day the...
  6. Black screen after installing newest AMD drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after installing newest AMD drivers: After installing the newest AMD drivers through Windows Update or through the AMD website, the BIOS loads fine but it won't load Windows and shows a black screen, if I reset it a few times it tells me something is preventing Windows from starting and end up reinstalling...
  7. Black screen with cursor when installing AMD drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor when installing AMD drivers: Hello i have an AMD A8 7410 with Radeon R5 M430 whenever i try to install amd drivers after reset my screen goes black with cursor i tried uninstalling drivers with AMD cleanup utility but atill my screen goes black with cursor when i open my AMD 19.5.1 setup the problem...
  8. Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen: I have installed Windows 10 and then my laptop tried to install AMD display drivers. But rebooting the laptop resulted in a black screen. I performed some troubleshooting steps like deleting Windows automatic updates and updating graphic card drivers. But I still get the...
  9. Black screen when installing AMD video drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen when installing AMD video drivers: I have a new i5 system with a fresh install of Windows 10x64 and a good old AMD 7870 graphics card. I have been using AMD Crimson drivers 16.3.2 for Win10x64. No overclocking. The system has worked flawlessly the last six weeks. A couple of days ago I had my first crash, when...
  10. Screen Goes Black When Installing AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Goes Black When Installing AMD Display Driver: When installing the AMD display diver my screen becomes black. My computer does do anything and I have to manually turn it off and turn it on again. When this happens and my computer boots up again the driver is not installed. I ran DDU before I tried installing the driver....