Windows 10: Installing AMD Drivers....

Discus and support Installing AMD Drivers.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; edit: alwrite so Windows detected my GPU drivers properly, and the main reason I wanted to install AMD's drivers was for CCC so I can enable overscan.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bromanbro, Oct 1, 2014.

1. bromanbro Win User

Installing AMD Drivers....

edit: alwrite so Windows detected my GPU drivers properly, and the main reason I wanted to install AMD's drivers was for CCC so I can enable overscan. Did that by going to the the Apps folder, and the CCC2 folder, and the "core" folder inside to get CCC. It seems compadible with Win10.

HOWEVER! I also tried manually installing AMD's drivers and I have 2 versions that show up as "compadible" now, one from August 14, and one from September. Out of curiousity, which date are the Win10 default AMD drivers from? thanks *Smile.

:)

bromanbro, Oct 1, 2014
  2. DaveM121 Win User

AMD audio driver requires further installation

Hi Peter, AMD HD Audio drivers are generally part of your Graphics card installation

If you have uninstalled those drivers, you will need to re-install your Graphics card driver software to re-install the AMD Audio drivers . . .

The AMD Catalyst software suite is packaged with the driver for the AMD High Definition Audio Device:

Download Drivers

DaveM121, Oct 1, 2014
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    driver requires further installation

Hi Peter, AMD HD Audio drivers are part of your Graphics card installation

If you have uninstalled those drivers, you will need to re-install your Graphics card driver software to re-install the AMD Audio drivers . . .

The AMD Catalyst software suite is packaged with the driver for the AMD High Definition Audio Device:

Download Drivers

DaveM121, Oct 1, 2014
  4. waltc Win User

Latest drivers are the Catalyst 14.9WHQLs...what you should be using unless you have an old ATi gpu (pre--2005 or so.) Here's a link for you (work great with Win10 for me) :

Download Drivers

waltc, Oct 1, 2014
  5. bromanbro Win User
    Ya I installed those manually through the Device Manager and everything's fine, but using the install wizard doesn't work ATM as they aren't for Win10 *Redface

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  6. I can not run CCC included in 14.9, not sure if CCC is incompatible, or it is just mine GPU.

TairikuOkami, Oct 2, 2014
  7. CCC runs fine for me, running 2 R9 290 GPUs. I did an in place upgrade over 8.1 though, so that may be why.

blackroseMD1, Oct 2, 2014
  8. bromanbro Win User

Lemme restate 2 things:
    1. The GPU drivers that the Tech Preview ships with are just fine (14.8s) for everything
    2. I only wanted the CCC to use Overscan, because you can't do that without the CCC =(

If you also want the CCC UI you can go into the CCC core folder and install that alone, which works.

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  9. meebers Win User
    My puter will not detect both monitors at once. D/l the AMD auto detect. It reported back that it could not find anything??? I have a gigabyte GA-78lmt MB with on board graphic card. D/L 14.9 just for grins, will not run, short message "failed" Speccy report it as an ATI RS780. or a Radion 3000. Cannot find a driver anywhere, even thought there are hundreds of crap ware programs want to put a driver monitor etc on my machine. Yet the graphics work fine when I run win 8.1 on it just not Win 10 10130 with MS basic adapter driver.

meebers, Jun 4, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    You probably have AMD APU processor with GPU built in so you should look at AMD site to download driver for APU graphics, it's different driver than for discrete graphic card.
    On the other hand, you also have an NVidia card, which requires NVidia not AMD/ATI/Radeon drivers.
    Which one you have monitors connected to ? Onboard graphic or discrete NVidia?

CountMike, Jun 4, 2015
  11. Radeon 3000 is considered "legacy" by AMD, so their current site does not list drivers for it. What you need is the legacy version 13.9 drivers. AMD stopped updating this driver years ago. The link to the guru3D forums is for the right driver: AMD Catalyst 13.9 WHQL (8.970.100.1100 April 29) Legacy Driver

However, I'm running them on an old Win7 PC that is not going to be upgraded to Win10, so I don't know if these will work with Win10.

Mark Phelps, Jun 5, 2015
  12. meebers Win User
    It is connected directly to the MB, so onboard graphics. Tx

meebers, Jun 6, 2015
  13. meebers Win User

Tx for the suggestion/link Mark. I just checked my updates, switched over to slow ring just for the heck of it. and there was an AMD 3000 driver update. It installed and restored my dual monitors. What a relief that was, have been chasing this problem for two weeks. Puzzling since10130 upgrade worked and then when I did a clean install, it did not. MS must have realized the problem thru several feed backs or that was a bug they had to fix from the 10130 initial release.? *Tongue

Where would this driver be stored on the Hd. Was wanting to make a copy in case this happens again on next build. It should be an .inf file and would be all that I need??

meebers, Jun 6, 2015
  14. Don't know where it is stored, but I've used an app called Driver Backup to make backups of drivers -- which can then be used to reinstall those same drivers.

Mark Phelps, Jun 6, 2015
  15. meebers Win User
    Tx again, found the driver backup program, saved a copy on a flash drive for future ref if needed. *Smile

meebers, Jun 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Installing AMD Drivers.... - Similar Threads - Installing AMD Drivers

2. AMD Driver installed by MS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Driver installed by MS: Hello guys,Please i need some help with AMD driver installed from Microsoft Store, i currently reset my windows and so the AMD driver installed from Microsoft Store when i opened it, it didn't work and when i tried to see the problem, i found that the app is no longer in the...
  3. AMD Driver installed by MS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Driver installed by MS: Hello guys,Please i need some help with AMD driver installed from Microsoft Store, i currently reset my windows and so the AMD driver installed from Microsoft Store when i opened it, it didn't work and when i tried to see the problem, i found that the app is no longer in the...
  4. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  5. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  6. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. AMD driver automatic instalation

AMD driver automatic instalation: So i have this old laptop with intel HD graphics, but when i first checked the laptop, the graphics driver had an AMD graphics driver, i knew something was wrong, and after using it hardly for like 30 mins the laptop got a blue screen, then after a little research it some...
  8. AMD driver automatic instalation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD driver automatic instalation: So i have this old laptop with intel HD graphics, but when i first checked the laptop, the graphics driver had an AMD graphics driver, i knew something was wrong, and after using it hardly for like 30 mins the laptop got a blue screen, then after a little research it some...
  9. AMD driver automatic instalation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. AMD driver installation failing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD driver installation failing: Hey guys, whenever I try to install the AMD drivers either via running the installer or auto detect, in the end I'm getting a message saying files did not install and to check the log file. I've got an Asus r9 280x. Control panel says "microsoft basic display adapter" under...