Windows 10: Installing an .exe File from a trusted source

Discus and support Installing an .exe File from a trusted source in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have attempted to install a Program from fidelity.com and I continue to get the following warning: [ATTACH] I am the administrator, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark NAmes, May 17, 2019.

1. Installing an .exe File from a trusted source

I have attempted to install a Program from fidelity.com and I continue to get the following warning:

Installing an .exe File from a trusted source 2bc9945c-64bd-4f80-90b8-f63117f7fd4f?upload=true.jpg

I am the administrator, I have disabled firewall, Antivirus, Checked security policies, created policies to allow this to install. and I am still blocked. Any suggestions.

:)

Mark NAmes, May 17, 2019

2. Trusted Installer

Hi Diane ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues when you are trying to delete files.

Trusted installer's main function is to enable installation, removal and modification of Windows Updates and optional system components.

For this issue, I suggest that you try to change the ownership of the file that you are not able to delete and check if the issue persist.

Please login to administrator account before performing the below steps.

Follow the steps mentioned below to change the ownership of the file or folder:

• Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap
      Properties
      . (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click
      Properties.)
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click
      Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click
      Check Names.
    • Note: the account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.
    After trying all the above steps I would suggest you to try deleting the specific file which you weren’t able to delete.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 17, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, May 17, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Installing an .exe File from a trusted source

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Installing an .exe File from a trusted source

1. Installing an .exe File from a trusted source - Similar Threads - Installing exe File

2. problem installing an exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem installing an exe file: i had downloaded an old game file, needed to install it, however, the .exe file does not open. computer says "this app cant run in your pc. to find a version for your pc check with your software publisher." how do i solve this?? i tried the troubleshoot, the program doesnt...
  3. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  4. Trusted source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted source: Hi guys... Help please...anyone knows trusted resources to get my windows 10 sofwares and apps from ? - - - Updated - - - Is one of those good MicroTech Programs - Free Full Activated Programs Get Into PC - Download Free Your Desired App 183757
  5. Trusted installer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted installer.: I have been dealing with a nasty Trojan for some time. After a clean install I don't connect to the internet. The owner is trusted installer. So I attempt to take over along the way there are files like page.sys or swap file dump stack log etc certain folders that I still...
  6. Trusted Installer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trusted Installer: Is there a mode or a thing i can do that will make it so i can bypass trusted installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-installer/7f5e0f8a-845d-4e63-bcf1-45414f4abe2e"
  7. Trusted Installer files Trying to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trusted Installer files Trying to delete: So my program files took up a lot of space on my 112gb SSD so i decided i wanted to move them to my 1tb hdd and me being quite nieve thought hey lets just drag and drop it obviously that didnt work so i turned to google. I found a couple of articles and one in particular...
  8. Trusted Installer

in Windows 10 Support
    Trusted Installer: Have successfully updated all iterations for W10 up to the present 10166. When first started after this install the computer froze when trying to open Edge and also on a couple of other Apps. I did a scannow and a dism, both showing faults, and of course reported it....
  9. Helping Ensure News on Facebook Is From Trusted Sources

in Windows 10 News
    Helping Ensure News on Facebook Is From Trusted Sources: Last week, we announced major changes to News Feed that are designed to help bring people closer together by encouraging more meaningful connections on Facebook. As a result, people will see less public content, including news, video and posts from brands. Today we’re...
  10. trusted installer

in Windows 10 Support
    trusted installer: trusted installer will not let me delete internet explorer I want to delete it because it apparently has conduit infecting it winpatrol and Malwarebytes find it and take it out but it is still there apparently reinstalling itself 34685